Zimmerman Not Guilty.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most about this makes me feel sick, is that a kid who was doing nothing wrong got killed and court determined that his murder was justified. The fact that it was legally determined that Trayvon Martin deserved to die makes me nauseous.

you and victimofadriveby pretty much nailed it.

no matter what actually occurred- trayvon would probably be getting stoned with his friends right now if some shitbag didn't start trouble.

pretty sure i read the president of the NAACP proclaimed it would file a civil suit on trayvon's behalf.

the prosecutors went for broke by trying to charge zimmerman with second-degree murder, yes, but they also charged him with manslaughter and he was also acquitted for that. so it's not simply the fault of the prosecution as much as it is flawed legislation and judicial processes.

i get why he was acquitted -- not saying it's justfied whatsoever, but i get it. travyon's defense died with him, which is a shame.

I think some of you aren't really seeing the case for what it was in a legal standpoint. He was being tried for 2nd degree murder and only 2nd degree, it wasnt until the last couple days that the prosecution tried to throw manslaughter charges in there (way too late to put the defense on their heels) when they realized there was no chance at a murder 2 conviction.

As shitty of a law as stand your ground is...it had little to do with this case in court because of the murder 2 charge despite it being the centerpoint of the media, on the other hand if they would of been smart and charged him with manslaughter from day 1, we would probably be looking at a different outcome.

Basically, 2nd degree charge put all the pressure on the prosecution to prove that zimmerman got out of his car that night with an intent to kill the kid before any sort of confrontation happened...on the other hand manslaughter would of put all the pressure on the defense with the evidence against zimmerman as being the instigator by stalking, confronting the kid, etc.

Let me add..when the prosecution says something like "well maybe trayvon was on top but was in the process of stepping backwards when he was shot"...during a demonstration to prove that zimmerman was on top, you kinda lose reasonable doubt, probably lost the jury at that point as well, and definitely suck at your job as a prosecutor

And I dont blame the jury for the outcome, anyone who watched any of the trial knows it was pretty much a clusterfuck from a prosecution standpoint from day 1. As much as zimmerman deserves time in jail, the system allows him to pull shit like this and walk. Its not up to a jury in one case to change an entire system by undermining the way the system works just because zimmerman is an asshole. Changes have to be made from the top down not on s case by case basis. I actually like that the jury judged the case based on the trial alone, its very easy to let your emotions tell you to throw the book at someone despite what and how things are working within the realm of the court of law. The prosecution failed, the system failed..not the jury

Obligatory umpteenth opinion about the Zimmerman case. Hopefully this a level headed response. Did I think Zimmerman committed a crime? Yes. Did he profile Treyvon Martin? Probably. Did Zimmerman need to start the confrontation? No. Did I think both parties escalated the confrontation? Yes. Does this constitute second degree murder? No. I feel this is a case of overzealous nobody neighborhood watchman needed to confront kid who was angry he was confronted and therefore both felt the need to "stand their ground." Turns out one of them was armed and someone else ended up dead. Ensue media firestorm. This was a case of manslaughter from the beginning, but overzealous prosecutors went for broke and lost with the attention of everyone. Lots of losses all around, including sanity, justice, and a young teen of who may have been troubled. In the end, America proves with lots of attention we can't get anything right. A man who was guilty of something walks free. So tired of this case.

TL: DR

I hate Florida. Yes I said it. Glad some people agree.

How did Martin escalate the confrontation? Because he was black? He RAN AWAY from Zimmerman, he was then confronted by him and rightfully beat his ass, only to get killed by the guy who started the fight he was losing

Shock value, but in the end they are merely trying to express how they feel about the verdict.

I wouldn't have taken it in that direction, but I won't judge them for their choice...freedom right?

How did Martin escalate the confrontation? Because he was black? He RAN AWAY from Zimmerman, he was then confronted by him and rightfully beat his ass, only to get killed by the guy who started the fight he was losing

At first I was like:

Yeah that's exactly what I said. Martin was black so it means automatic escalation and his fault right? :rolleyes:

Also nice observation of the fact I mentioned Zimmerman profiled Martin.

But then I was like

futurama-fry-billy-west.jpg

At first I was like:

Yeah that's exactly what I said. Martin was black so it means automatic escalation and his fault right? :rolleyes:

Also nice observation of the fact I mentioned Zimmerman profiled Martin.

But then I was like

futurama-fry-billy-west.jpg

in your post you said "Did I think both parties escalated the confrontation? Yes"

explain to me how Martin escalated this confrontation? Knowing that he was confronted first, ran away and followed by ZImmerman 

I think your first question is pretty much the main question in this whole case: what happened between zimmerman's phone call and trayvon being on top of him and punching him?  I also disagree with your assertion that he "rightfully beat his ass".  were you there?  if so, you probably should have testified in court.  if not, I'd suggest not thinking it's your right to beat someone up -- if you pick the wrong guy, he may kill you in self-defense.

and it looks like zimmerman's suing NBC for defamation by misquoting him during his call to the police

Here’s how NBC News, in a March 27, 2012, broadcast of the “Today” show, abridged the tape of Zimmerman’s comments to a police dispatcher on the evening of Feb. 26, 2012:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

I think your first question is pretty much the main question in this whole case: what happened between zimmerman's phone call and trayvon being on top of him and punching him?  I also disagree with your assertion that he "rightfully beat his ass".  were you there?  if so, you probably should have testified in court.  if not, I'd suggest not thinking it's your right to beat someone up -- if you pick the wrong guy, he may kill you in self-defense.

and it looks like zimmerman's suing NBC for defamation by misquoting him during his call to the police

He was being followed, he ran away, you don't think he should defend himself? Or should he just let the racist nut continue to hunt him down like he's on some reality show

Regardless of race... A grow adult followed and eventually shot and killed a teenager for being where the fully grown adult thought he shouldn't be. And he's going to walk away without so much as a slap on the wrist from the justice system. If you can't see the problem with that...