Zimmerman Not Guilty.

this shit happens in every city in the US many times over each and every day.

the media sucks big dick. anything for ratings...

they just choose which cases to exploit knowing good and well the public will choose sides based on race.

always have to get that last detail in (usually wrong)

always have to be the first on the scene (usually awkward pauses)

i fucking hate the media more than a shitty band. a real shitty band.

Regardless of race... A grow adult followed and eventually shot and killed a teenager for being where the fully grown adult thought he shouldn't be. And he's going to walk away without so much as a slap on the wrist from the justice system. If you can't see the problem with that...

then blame the prosecution for not just going for manslaughter. 

put yourself in zimmerman's shoes in a similar situation. say you saw someone snooping around your neighbor's house. you called 911 and then followed them. they turned on you, got on top of you and started pounding your face. after calling for help numerous times, and fearing for your own life, if you had a gun, would you not use it?

at the end of the day it is sad that the kid died, but all these protests are ridiculous. as i saw on a youtube video posted by an older black man--if zimmerman would have been black, this wouldn't even be a national issue. its a shitty situation, nothing more. i'm not tuned to the frequency of whatever racist crap everyone else is. we all bleed the same blood. so over this whole thing.

My feet wouldn't be following anyone in those shoes.

this. you did what you needed to do by calling 911. dont be an idiot and try and take the law into your own hands. didnt the dispatcher say you dont need to follow him or something along the lines of that? if the nutcase would have listened none of this would have happened and an innocent kid would still be alive.

this. you did what you needed to do by calling 911. dont be an idiot and try and take the law into your own hands. didnt the dispatcher say you dont need to follow him or something along the lines of that? if the nutcase would have listened none of this would have happened and an innocent kid would still be alive.

what if zimmerman had been an undercover cop? there was no way for him to know. the kid wouldn't be so innocent then, would he? i have a hard time pinning complete innocence to someone who started beating the hell out of someone else. if he was so close to home, why didn't he just go inside?

what if zimmerman had been an undercover cop? there was no way for him to know. the kid wouldn't be so innocent then, would he? i have a hard time pinning complete innocence to someone who started beating the hell out of someone else. if he was so close to home, why didn't he just go inside?

but Zimmerman wasnt. he was some racist guy. but if we are playing make believe and Zimmerman was an undercover cop at some point before this escalated he would have identified himself as such and he would not have let the situation got to where it was. but again like I said Zimmerman wasnt a cop. just a racist.

was Trayvon really that close to his home where he could just "go inside"? i honestly dont know which is why im asking.

in your post you said "Did I think both parties escalated the confrontation? Yes"

explain to me how Martin escalated this confrontation? Knowing that he was confronted first, ran away and followed by ZImmerman 

Martin did run, which I didn't blame him, especially when he's being followed. I also said I thought Zimmerman profiled Martin, so race DID matter here. Where it ends about race is where the fight ensues. Zimmerman should have never followed or confronted Martin, but I think Martin got defensive and instead of running for help or calling his parents, police, or running to a neighbor he went into fight or flight mode and huffed up for a fight. Everyone reacts differently, and even though he may have came off as a "pussy, he'd probably be alive. Zimmerman ultimately is the criminal in my eyes, because he had the gun that killed Martin and he followed him. Martin didn't have to fight Zimmerman though, and thats where it gets icky and he got off. If he got help, he'd probably be alive. I don't think Zimmerman killed Martin because he was black, but there was a fight, and a bullshit law is what he hid under. Rightly or wrongly, Martin got defensive and physical, and thats what got him killed.

TL:DR Analogy - If you're crossing the street look both ways even if you have right of way. Why? Car always wins, even if the driver was wrong.

This could have simply been a local case of racial profiling and overzealousness where Martin got support instead of being buried. You never know who has a gun.

the only pics we saw were of the 12 yr old kid smiling or the infamous hoodie pic. not this one.

ua-tr1yv4n_zps6cabddbb.jpg

is he a bad kid? i dont know.

smoking weed doesnt make you bad.

a lot of things dont.

Exactly my point. I don't think he was an honor student and a choir boy. He could have turned it around. I don't know.

Zimmerman is a douche too. I believe he profiled Martin, and hes not even a real law enforcer.

If Martin acted smart (and knew there were bullshit laws to protect Zimmerman) he probably wouldn't have engaged him. Violence begets violence. He was shortsighted about his actions. He wasn't wrong to go to the store or wear a hood. He was wrong to fight. I don't think Zimmerman would have or have the "justification" to shoot him if he didn't engage him.

I could go in circles about this, but I know violence doesn't solve anything, even if I'm right.

but my gripe is at the Media. i dont want them to just plaster bad images of the kid, but i want them to show more than just one pic.

we all have more than one side to us.

im sure he was a great kid. smart...etc.

i hate to say, but first impressions of appearance, are HUGELY important.

and thats why i believe they didnt show these first.

that would have portrayed him as the stereo typical black thug...and people would automatically assumed he was guilty. hate to say that but its true. appearances are worth more than anything, especially if you dont know the person.

He was an honor student.

I also heard he was on his third suspension in a year. I generally have a neutral view of him though. What he accomplished in life or did wrong doesn't really matter now. It only really took one bad decision. Its unfortunate, because Zimmerman made several bad decisions that night. Thats all that matters.

I've never been arrested, but if I went to Florida right now, and someone "neighborhood watchperson" followed me because I don't really look too white (I'm biracial), and confronted me with a LEGAL gun tucked in his pants, regardless of the fact I want to punch him in the face for doing what he was doing, the state of Florida will find he has a justifiable right to use his gun if I punched him at some point. Sad injustice.

This case had it all. Racial profiling, questions about civic duties as a citizen, gun control, and right to self defense or to "stand your ground." Don't get me wrong Zimmerman should be in jail, but he had legal protections, loopholes, and a defense when Treyvon Martin fought him.

I can't stress this enough, but everyone will have their biases in general. Conservatives felt ZImmerman should have never been arrested. Martin supporters feel he should be doing 25 to life. Laws matter people.

This case had it all. Racial profiling, questions about civic duties as a citizen, gun control, and right to self defense or to "stand your ground." Don't get me wrong Zimmerman should be in jail, but he had legal protections, loopholes, and a defense when Treyvon Martin fought him.

This is more or less the way that I look at it. The laws as they were, paired with the fact that this was not a manslaughter trial (because of the media exposure/public pressure) led to this result. Not racism. I don't side with Zimmerman, but I was not shocked by the result. I also have zero emotional investment in this case because of all the stuff that got posted (from both sides) before there was any way to prove it. 

Neighborhood gets robbed by two black people three weeks prior and one is caught, so when Zimmerman sees this kid looking through windows and shit it was definitely racism when he profiles him. He also profiles old women according to his 911 calls. Zimmerman is an idiot who shouldn't be free, but he is hardly a racist. The media have total control over some of your opinions, the term "innocent kid" being a huge one.

I also agree that Florida fucking sucks and gun laws are too lax. Zimmerman was getting the fuck beat out of him, and says Martin told him he was going to die... but I don't think he would have died and Stand Your Ground shouldn't have applied.

If the races where switched around, you can bet that Zimmerman would be hung by now

I'm glad you have a deep and rational understanding of this topic. Case and point people. I said my piece on this. So tired of this case. I have to remember sometimes we could only change laws not minds.

he shouldn't have run away if he wasn't doing anything wrong/didn't have anything to hide.

pulling the race card is basically just an ad hominem attack against zimmerman.

i don't think it would have mattered if martin was black or not.

Race does matter a lot, i would like everybody to read this article which shows how this situation would have gone down with reversed race roles, if you still think that race isn't an important factor than you need to think harder.

Race does matter a lot, i would like everybody to read this article which shows how this situation would have gone down with reversed race roles, if you still think that race isn't an important factor than you need to think harder.

Except for the fact that if race mattered, you'd have to be correct as to which race everyone was. Zimmerman isn't white, he's bi-racial, the same as the president of the United States, whose white roots get swept under the carpet.