Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25, 2016

TFP

Superman has heat vision. Batman is wearing a heavily armored suit (since you know he's fighting Superman who is pretty strong). I don't recall an explanation why the suit has glowing eyes, but that is how it was drawn in the comic.

The only way that they fight is if Batman uses Kryptonite against Superman. If they try and make some kinda Batman incarnation that can just straight up go head-to-head with Superman via a heavily armored suit, it's gonna be retarded (even more retarded than the execution of the kryptonian fights scenes in Man of Steel).

The only way that they fight is if Batman uses Kryptonite against Superman. If they try and make some kinda Batman incarnation that can just straight up go head-to-head with Superman via a heavily armored suit, it's gonna be retarded (even more retarded than the execution of the kryptonian fights scenes in Man of Steel).

in the comics, batman held his own against superman until green arrow shoots him with a kryptonite dust arrow. obviously they won't take that exact path in the movie, but it'll be interesting to see if kryptonite actually shows up--i figure it pretty much has to though.

From DKR wikipedia:

Superman diverts a Russian nuclear warhead, which detonates over a desert. The United States is hit by an electromagnetic pulse and descends into chaos during the resulting blackout. In Gotham, Batman realizes what has happened and he and Robin turn the remaining Mutants and the Sons of the Batman into a non-lethal fighting force, leading them against looters and ensuring the flow of essential supplies. In the midst of a nuclear winter, Gotham becomes the safest city in the United States. The U.S. government sees this as an embarrassment and orders Superman to remove Batman. Oliver Queen (the former Green Arrow) predicts to Wayne that the government lackey Superman and the maverick Batman will have a final confrontation. Superman demands to meet Batman. Knowing that Batman may die, Wayne symbolically chooses Crime Alley— (Where Wayne's parents were killed). He relies on Superman's weakness caused by his near-death in the nuclear blast.

Kryptonite, nuclear blast, whatever -- Batman cannot touch superman without him being somehow being in a weakened state

I find it hard to compare Nolan's Batman trilogy to the MCU films. completely different style even though they're all technically "comic book movies". the marvel films are borderline comedies.

I understand the love for the Star Wars films, but while I like them was never a huge fan. The Nolan Batman trilogy blew me away. I don't see any future Batman film (or any comic book film, sorry guys) topping them. The first Avengers was excellent, but it doesn't have the emotional resonance of the DK trilogy. And I prefer more brooding, real-life aspects in comic books, hence my love for Batman.

I understand the love for the Star Wars films, but while I like them was never a huge fan. The Nolan Batman trilogy blew me away. I don't see any future Batman film (or any comic book film, sorry guys) topping them. The first Avengers was excellent, but it doesn't have the emotional resonance of the DK trilogy. And I prefer more brooding, real-life aspects in comic books, hence my love for Batman.

I always thought the Spider-Man movies should have been better. He's got some really complicated interactions and emotional traumas, but the movies...sadly were not great.