PO: Russian Circles - Memorial (Media Mail back on Hello $5.50)

I'll have this and other Sargent House releases up in my shop for those who wish to pay $4 shipping instead of whatever whack amount Hellomerch is forcing people to pay.

Stoked as hell for new Russian Circles.  New track slays.

Thank you, Jeremy!

All minor chords in this track, so put a tick in the 'heavy and dark' column, 7 more to go B)

I feel the drums could sound a bit bigger. The drumming itself is very impressive, but the sound is a bit flat. no?

Just go see them live, Dave's drumming will permanently imprint on your brain so everytime you listen to their music aftewards, it's hearing and feeling them drums in real time!  Plus, what other's said,...wait for the real deal  :)

Just go see them live, Dave's drumming will permanently imprint on your brain so everytime you listen to their music aftewards, it's hearing and feeling them drums in real time!  Plus, what other's said,...wait for the real deal  :)

Easily my favorite live drummer, it's mesmerizing to watch him play.  Great band live (and insanely loud every time I've seen them).

So anyone want to guess how the PO may go down?  I'm only suspecting Hello Merch to follow the format they've done with Chelsea Wolfe and Moving Mountains: both LP (solo) and bundle options with $12 shipping, however you cut it.  I'm hoping for some variant options this time around.  Though if they pulled an Empros and only offered black for a year (and then repressed on a sweet translucent blue down the road), I would undoubtedly be the chump who ends up with both.  Again.

Wait, does the cover have any real influence whether you'd buy it or not?

And come on, man.  That cover, like, totally symbolizes the album.  The bottom half heavy, dark, and rife with jagged riffs... with the top half cool and lush, not unlike the ocean waves.  Shit's deep bro.

Not at all ;)

...Though if they pulled an Empros and only offered black for a year (and then repressed on a sweet translucent blue down the road), I would undoubtedly be the chump who ends up with both.  Again.

Chump? More like a top notch supporter!! I think you ARE NOT a chump for purchasing!! :P

...and if you really don't want the extra Black copy lying around in these situations... unload it on a friend who needs to be enlightened?? :D

Chump? More like a top notch supporter!! I think you ARE NOT a chump for purchasing!! :P

...and if you really don't want the extra Black copy lying around in these situations... unload it on a friend who needs to be enlightened?? :D

If Hello Merch demands $12 shipping to avoid transit-warping - even at the end of October - I think I'd be a major sucker for pulling the trigger twice.  I would gladly wait to buy a copy from the band directly, if I could catch them on their UK tour.  But spring of 2014 is just too long to wait for a physical copy, in my books.  And your suggestion is novel... but fortunately for me, all of my vinyl-enthusiast friends are all too aware of the awesomeness that is Russian Circles.  The one missing Empros is holding out for that tentative boxset.  I really hope that thing sees the light of day sooner than later.

If Hello Merch demands $12 shipping to avoid transit-warping - even at the end of October - I think I'd be a major sucker for pulling the trigger twice.  I would gladly wait to buy a copy from the band directly, if I could catch them on their UK tour.  But spring of 2014 is just too long to wait for a physical copy, in my books.  And your suggestion is novel... but fortunately for me, all of my vinyl-enthusiast friends are all too aware of the awesomeness that is Russian Circles.  The one missing Empros is holding out for that tentative boxset.  I really hope that thing sees the light of day sooner than later.

Box set... please.... with all the trimmings!! *salivates*

Whoever is in with Sarge (Cathy P.), start tickling her ear about pricing a box set AFTER the regular release...like 180 or 200gm vinyl half-speed mastered or whatever magic they do to get the best quality off the masters, "audiophile" worthy.   I gave her a little tweet recently about the box set idea. Maybe a few hundred people shouting for it, would get her to price the thing out and make it happen-- which is her forte'.

It would be cool if RC put a poll out on their FB page, not just click "Like", but you must leave a comment and ONLY if you're dead serious about plunking down some coin for the box set. Hand numbered, limit 1 per customer, maybe press a certain percentage more for the business majors (which I'm not), and price them so they make some decent money.  Everyone wins! :)

I didn't resurrect the old thread so no one gets their hopes up, but a ground swell of grass roots die-hard RC fans can surely make this happen.

Anyone with experience and ideas, plz help the cause!  Ten year anniversary just makes so much sense.

I have all of their releases so far, so unless they include some exclusives, I'll probably pass.  A vinyl treatment of the demo CD-R would be awesome though...

Same here.  However, if it was a real high end box set like drds89 mentioned in the previous post, I would send them a small bucket of money for it.

• 2 weeks later...

memorial preorder is up:  http://hellomerch.com/collections/russian-circles/products/memorial

black, clear and translucent steel grey available.

shipping is ridiculous.  $12.75 cheapest domestic option.  nonsense.  Want this album now, but I'm going to wait to see what distros get this.  hello merch can fuck off.