PO: Casey Crescenzo (Of The Dear Hunter) - Symphony

• 3 months later...

So it's been so longed since I pledged this I don't even remember what I'm getting. I bought the $50 LP bundle so what's the difference in my pledge and the pre order that just got put up for a cheaper price?

You get a sighed copy of the score book.

I really (truly) hope so. This release has got a lot of potential; the flow and instrumentation of Acts I-III are what make them gems, in my books.

I can't agree more. The video Casey posted the other day with some little teasers of the music being recorded sounded phenomenal. Also, I highly doubt the thing he posted that's shown above is the album art. I think that's probably just a promo poster. The thing in the corner seems more likely.

So it's been so longed since I pledged this I don't even remember what I'm getting. I bought the $50 LP bundle so what's the difference in my pledge and the pre order that just got put up for a cheaper price?

the pledge vinyl is a limited double-gatefold and im pretty sure its colored. In the new announcement he said were are doing a second pressing of the vinyl on black.

cant believe i just found out about this. glad i can still pledge for a record.

and i dunno where it said the PO copies will be black. this is what was posted on the the dear hunter facebook...

Friends, we are very happy to announce that the pre-order page for Casey's first Symphony has launched! For those of you who were not able to pledge to the campaign but would like to own the symphony, this is your chance. We are doing a CD pressing, as well as a second vinyl variant. There is also a cool new shirt design exclusive to the pre-order bundles. Check them out here, and have a safe and happy holiday!

from the sound of that, at first it seemed it was a new colour, but i looked on the description of the merchnow page...

Symphony No. 1 Black Vinyl LP

• 1 month later...

I've always felt Casey has tried too hard to force these "concepts" of his into his music. I've owned Acts I & II & The Color Spectrum at some point & I've always just felt like it was an "A for effort" deal. So I think the idea of this symphony sounds great in theory but I'm hesitant to shell out $$ for another Casey project that leaves me feeling "meh".

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...