I bought counterfeit blink 182 tickets off of craigslist

nyhi

Yep just as the title of this thread states...and I'm a grown man, 33 years old in fact. So here I am being honest and forthcoming about my experience if anyone cares about the details. All started with the skynet ticket buying scalper bots buying up all the tickets during the presale, ended with me outside the venue watching Mark Hoppus walk by me into the show, paralyzed to speak, holding my counterfeit tickets in hand. So naturally here I am sharing it on a message board after the fact to anyone who cares to listen

"What's My Age Again?" A Cautionary Tale

http://t.co/Oyf9vYZXQM

Thanks dude

I have decided to frame them with the words "never forget"

It'll serve as a reminder to myself that the machines will always be faster than the humans, that there's shitty people out there in this world that you should never trust, and that you should never ever buy concert tickets off of Craigslist...

Have a friend text him in a couple days and say "interested in the tickets" from a new number. Odds are probably pretty good he will put more up for other shows. Maybe you can spot another listing from him (likely uses the same format). Try what you can. Use a new email if that is how you communicated. Just try and set up another meeting.

When he comes, have 5 friends with you. Surround him and tell him he fucked with the wrong dude. Play it however you want from there.

I have come close a few times to buying a ticket for Brand New in Cincy this week off of Craigslist but nothing ever worked out on it.  This thread is making me think that may have been for the best.  Sorry to see you got ripped off man, hopefully karma has something else swing in your favor down the road!

Have a friend text him in a couple days and say "interested in the tickets" from a new number. Odds are probably pretty good he will put more up for other shows. Maybe you can spot another listing from him (likely uses the same format). Try what you can. Use a new email if that is how you communicated. Just try and set up another meeting.

When he comes, have 5 friends with you. Surround him and tell him he fucked with the wrong dude. Play it however you want from there.

Do this

Call this guy. Hes gotten a scalper jailed before.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/17123172/arnold-diaz

I watched the video earlier today, that's what first tipped me off that they were fakes. The guy has covered his tracks, I'd have to set up some sort of half assed sting operation but I don't think much would come of it in the end. I will file a police report just to make myself feel better about the whole thing.

I forget the show but a couple years back I bought fake tix off a guy at Irving plaza. The guy sells tix there at every show. Short guy with long dreads kinda looks like little Wayne. As mad as it makes you, you can't respond with violence. My buddy gave me a couple fake hundreds he attained at work and I just went back and bought more tix. Got my 70 back with the change and took off. That idiot still goes there every weekend to sell tix. But the best I can do is spread the word when I see people looking to buy from him.

At first glance and touch they seem totally legit, then after a few minutes you start to look closer and notice all the little details that don't add up and don't feel right. I even compared them to my knapsack tickets for music hall in November and they're actually really really close to what those look and feel like. Pro scammers I tell ya. Tha basterds.