Are the people at daytrotter fucking high?

atticus

If you are getting the album as part of tr subscription it is a great deal to get an album and a years worth of Daytrotter. The prices are high but it would be easier to justify them if you we're getting something that was extremely limited which these clearly are not but are advertised as. So far there have been only a couple I've really wanted that I've bought and a few I'd like to have which I haven't purchased solely based on price. I don't have a problem with them selling them for what they want, even though I think it is high, I do have a problem with how they try to trick people into buying them in a week or they'll never get another chance to.

There's always gotta be one person who defends mind-blowingly high-priced records in these threads...

Don't think I defended it at all.  Just stated thats what many labels are selling records for lately.  If you were running a business would you lower your price if you didn't have to?  If you a few hours to waste I will gladly tell you the labels that piss me off with their stupid practices.

Yeah $30 a year for a record and unlimited streaming/downloading of full sets from thousands of artists. What a rip off.

I actually signed up when it was free. Then they offered high quality downloads for a fee. So I signed up for that. Then they offered free (but don't forget $9 shipping) vinyl for new members but I was already a member so it didn't help me any. Then they offered 25% off vinyl prices for members but when I saw it was still going to be $93 for THREE RECORDS on top of the $32/ year I pay for access to the site I made a thread. Cause I was pissed. It's not reasonable. Its a fucking rip off. Your stupid smart ass comments aren't cute.

haters gonna hate.

It's odd because in a post you made to me yesterday, you said you could easily make a list of the record labels whose practices (I'm assuming you mean pricing for some labels) piss you off...yet here you are defending Daytrotter's absurd vinyl prices and acting the smart ass to anyone who complains otherwise.  So why the double standard?  I have nothing against you Ben but c'mon...

So why the double standard?

Don't think it's a double standard...but Ill try to explain more.

The OP to me just seemed like he wants to complain and have his voice heard.  I think $26 for a record is probably a little high, but pretty much the industry standard right now.  Why pick on one company when they are all doing it?  This isn't a $50 new Ty Segall record (which yes is over priced.)  The shipping price being high for 3 records...well have you shipped anything lately?  Every shipping company is raising their prices; shipping isn't cheap.  If his compalint was about them selling way more of these then how "limited" they claim them to be then hell yeah that is a welcome and needed complaint.  Thats just my opinion...

I said the $26 was...The $30 a year is for way more than just this record and is cancelled out by them giving you a free record.

If you want to say $9 is high on shipping I won't argue.

I'm starting to think you decided to be the dissenting voice in this thread without really settling on how you feel about record & shipping prices.   Or you just decided to give the OP a hard time for the hell of it, even though you technically agree with their complaint when it comes to other labels.  I dunno.  This is tiring.

Yea...

Even though "industry standard" has become ludicrous, $26 for a single lightweight record in a cheap cardboard jacket is not even close to industry standard.

Also yes shipping charges are going up. It doesn't cost $9 to ship a record. It doesn't cost $9 to ship 5 records.

I completely agree with both of your statements.

We gotta vote with our dollars! If nobody buys 3 records for $93+ then they will adjust the price to the market's demand.

It sucks being a "collector" in today's market. Flipper prices and insane markups from retailers are set by the consumers' aggressive need to have a specific record, regardless of the cost. No mi gusta.

We gotta vote with our dollars! If nobody buys 3 records for $93+ then they will adjust the price to the market's demand.

It sucks being a "collector" in today's market. Flipper prices and insane markups from retailers are set by the consumers' aggressive need to have a specific record, regardless of the cost. No mi gusta.

I wish I would have gotten into vinyl a lot earlier than I did.  I probably could have found a lot of the albums I have been seraching for at much more reasonable prices.