Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I didnt even see those sweet cobra or wet nurse. Nice will be grabbing those. Any recommendations on where to start with batillus? They have a few on there it seems

Dude. Pick up the Indian. You won't be sorry. I promise.

I listened to it and my mind was blown.

And damn, I had no clue that an Atma repress had been done lately. Amazing colours on that.

Can we maybe come up with a policy where new Psychic Text Wizards do a one time text with there username?

Or a list of the last 4 digits for each of us?

I appreciate knowing who it is.

Exactly. With the next batch of PTW we should all reintroduce ourselves. There are some of you who I don't have named yet. Until I get your names you will be referred to as Poopie Pants.

Wait, so what does this mean? I mean specifically that "DAT tape".

It'll be quite a bummer for Sleep I think if they don't receive any royalties whatsoever. Then again, either way, I think anyone who's been fiending for this album on vinyl will be satisfied now, right? And if their fans will be happy, then Sleep will be happy. [This last sentence sounds exactly like something from formal logic. If P then Q (P > Q), if not P then not Q (-P > -Q)] ]

Either goes to show the amazing power that a simple request can have. It seems people really sent Earrache enough messages after that post Sleep did. And I'm seeing now that the post has been deleted  :huh:

Somewhat related

http://i.imgur.com/uN2DLHF.gifv

For anyone who's paid attention to the Sleep/Earache fiasco

http://instagram.com/p/v5nNCUFPls/

I'd like to think the band would now get a cut of the profits, but somehow I don't see it happening...

Man, I'm not trying to get a big head or anything, but I think I started this. Once Sleep posted on Facebook about not being able to get a Holy Mountain repress I told the people on that post to go to Earache Records and pester the shit out of them. I rallied a bunch of people together and we had quite the task force. Who knows if it was me, but I'd like to think it was.

So, the DAT is the original tape recording of the band playing, whether this means the new reissue will be unmastered, or they're remastering it, I don't know. I've read that this FDR records they're putting out sound pretty great though. It would be strange if this ended up being the definitive version of this album to have...

I have a copy already, but I may pick up another. I mean...it's Sleep's Holy Mountain.

So, the DAT is the original tape recording of the band playing, whether this means the new reissue will be unmastered, or they're remastering it, I don't know. I've read that this FDR records they're putting out sound pretty great though. It would be strange if this ended up being the definitive version of this album to have...

I have a copy already, but I may pick up another. I mean...it's Sleep's Holy Mountain.

The FDR releases all do sound amazing...

Everyone I have heard has become the way that I listen to that record from then on

Damn. That's great news then. So looking forward to getting this. Perhaps the fact that Sleep deleted the post also means they get some royalties? One can dream anyway.

I think this FDR talk finally made me understand why some wax isn't as loud as other. For some reason I couldn't put two and two together.

Here's some talk about it straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.metal-fi.com/interview-digby-dig-pearson-of-earache-records/