Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

For real. That flag was rad, and I need an STB pipe to go with my STB dugout.

I'm sad I couldn't get the Die Hard. I wanted all that shit!

Yeah, I really wanted to go diehard, but I just couldn't justify the money. Stupid hobbies always getting in the way of other hobbies. My job should really give me more money.

All Them Witches just posted up this shot titled "New record in the works". I couldn't be more excited for this. This coming year is going to be another amazing one for music. So much stuff am looking forward to.

10899995_1020821767944949_38651038428363

This is good news. I hope it's more like Our Mother Electricity. To me, Lightening at the Door started to move dangerously into jam band territory.

This is good news. I hope it's more like Our Mother Electricity. To me, Lightening at the Door started to move dangerously into jam band territory.

i hope the same thing, Lightning at the Door is great, but its not as good as Our Mother Electricity. OME is a perfect album, in my opinion.

All Them Witches just posted up this shot titled "New record in the works". I couldn't be more excited for this. This coming year is going to be another amazing one for music. So much stuff am looking forward to.

10899995_1020821767944949_38651038428363

I just got into this band, I need to give OME a listen.  I can't stop listening to Lightning At The Door.

....I wish I could find a copy of Lightning At The Door. 

SAME

If it's any consolation, I'm sure they'll get around to a repress of it this year, if the'yre coming out with a new album and all. That's what I'm telling myself anyway, and it would make sense for them to have their back cataloue ready for people to snap up. It's bound to happen with a huge surge in their listener-base like they've been having. Perhaps on some nice teal vinyl to go with the artwork.  :rolleyes:

I actually prefer the jammier side of them a lot more so am somewhat more into LATD. One can just hear they've how much they've matured. It's much more coherent whereas OME to me felt slightly unsteady as a whole. I still totally appreciate OME but am biased towards the jammier tunes on there. Listened to Until It Unwinds after having a toke on the pipe and it felt as if I was sitting right in the middle of their practice space and could mentally place the whereabouts of each of the instruments in the room. Guitar sounds just ripping right through my brain. Such sick acoustics on that.

Am super stoked that I managed to snag the last orange copy of OME from Kozmik Artifactz, regular retail price and all. I was surprised to hear it sounds quite different than the mp3's I have, plus it has an extra track I'd never heard before (on account of missing I Can't Even See Myself). Also was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the sleeve, super nice screenprinting. Soulseek tells me the tracks were remastered for vinyl so the digital was an older mix.

A gift for all of my Stoner/Doom friends.  Audio recording DL that I taped with a handheld recorder at Desertfest London 2014.  It's unedited so don't expect amzing quality by any means and ignore my drunken friends screaming like dicks at the beginning. 

Weedeater, Live Apr 26 2014

Hammerhandle
Mancoon

Turkey Warlock

Jason...The Dragon
God Luck & Good Speed
Wizard Fight
Monkey Junction
Time Served ft Jason Shi of ASG on vocals

Gimme Back My Bullets ft Wino

Weed Monkey

Calico

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxVchfUL-ThqTEFGQlRnUkI1bVU/view?usp=sharing

I will take it down tomorrow so get it while it's hot. 

I actually prefer the jammier side of them a lot more so am somewhat more into LATD. One can just hear they've how much they've matured. It's much more coherent whereas OME to me felt slightly unsteady as a whole. I still totally appreciate OME but am biased towards the jammier tunes on there.

I feel the complete opposite. With Our Mother Electricity I really dig how each progressive song is a surprise, which is I guess what you mean by "unsteady". I've listened to it so many times and it still sounds fresh and exciting. Lightening is a completely different vibe= jammy. I just hope they can find a balance. Either way, it will most likely still be better than most of the crap out there.

I really regret not picking up All Them Witches new album when I saw them a few months ago. :/

Has anyone tried writing them? My guess is that they just don't feel like mailing stuff out right now. I also feel guilty for not hooking people up when I went to their show :unsure: . They did say they were going to put all the rest online though and they haven't yet. They gotta have more copies.

So i am not familiar with bandcamp but how does it work for a band and selling stuff? Does bandcamp take a cut of sales or charge a fee to have a page? I ask because for bands thats records are higher priced or maybe have higher shipping is that to cover overhead of bandcamp?

Yes they have fees. Those cartel ones are free are up to a certain amount. But BC does have fees. No idea how much though

Yes they have fees. Those cartel ones are free are up to a certain amount. But BC does have fees. No idea how much though

Awesome. Thanks. I bought a few records off a band and i settled everythinf off of BC and they knocked some money off. Figured it was probably the anount they truely would get after all fees were taken into account but wasnt sure. May take that approach in the future if picking up some high ticket items or multiple records.

Unrelated all that is heavy posted copies of the moon curse s/t and its already sold out. God dammit i want that record...