Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Going up to SF today in hopes of finding my way into the Electric Wizard show. Hopefully someone's buddy of a buddy will not attend and I will gratefully take that ticket!

There should be plenty of people willing to give up a ticket..

If you get there early enough, head over to DNA pizza and say hi. I'll be there with a group of other bay area metalheads. I'll be in the cadet's hate and Richard Pryor High on Fire Shirt.

I guess the band Sinister Haze has a record for sale on bandcamp(signed to STB). For some reason you can't listen to it, which is what I thought was the point of BC. If you're into blind buys this could be the record for you. Their youtube videos were pretty rough. Hopefully the record sounds better. I can't tell you because I can't hear it. Kinda dumb.

I guess the band Sinister Haze has a record for sale on bandcamp(signed to STB). For some reason you can't listen to it, which is what I thought was the point of BC. If you're into blind buys this could be the record for you. Their youtube videos were pretty rough. Hopefully the record sounds better. I can't tell you because I can't hear it. Kinda dumb.

Haha, I just checked this out too. ~$20 ppd for ~22 minutes of music is too rich for my blood. Especially on a blind buy.

I can't believe none of you have said anything about this yet.

Southern Lord said to keep an eye on their Sleep's page. I'm starting to think that it's the Dopesmoker picture disc that's coming out but then again they've already announced it prior so why specifically highlight 4/20? Perhaps that's when it'll go online.

http://southernlord.com/bands/view/sleep

Still expecting a new Sleep record sometime this year.

And still waiting on that Earache repress. Also wondering where I could snag the RSD silver Time To Die.

Haha, this is my friend's band I mentioned a while ago. STB is doing a split with them and Druglord. If you like STB bands, you'll like them.

ive participated the past few years but did not this year because i was moving. im kinda glad. very few releases i actually want and anymore its just getting outrageous price wise for items.  i have picked up more at local stores because they were having 20% off used sale items.  last year i think i bought 1 RSD item and then 10 other records and then when bullmoose or another site put up left overs i grabbed one or two things i wanted and was done. i feel a few months after people are unloading impulse buys and i can grab some other things i wanted from the past RSD.  i feel more and more web stores are posting sales and i can grab actual releases i wanted for 20-30% off and not some random 7" that costs 15 bucks for no reason that is "limited" to 5000.

i saw my local shop still had copies of the Jurassic 5 box set (i know not doom or stoner im sorry!)  and the electric wizard that they posted about on FB.  Ill stop by monday and grab them and be done. 

okay rant done. 

I like the idea of supporting your local store, but not the overpriced "false rare" day it brings. A friend of mine is a record shop owner and said rsd is actually really tough. That day brings out the crowds but for weeks before and after its so much slower because people just spend 100s on RSD.

Had quite a good RSD experience I'd say. I randomly walked into a local store, just to see what they had to offer. Wasn't even meaning to, just made a stop on my way to picking up some developed film, saw a copy of Time To Die just sitting there and picked it up for like 20 bucks. Quite a bargain I'd say. Not sure what colour it is but the store clerk said that's a lot less than it goes for online. From the list I recall it being silver but is it clear instead? With a sick copper cover, nonetheless. Either way, stoked for sure as it was all that really caught my eye for this silly holiday.

I waited to listen to the album on wax as well so it will be all-revealing. Perhaps some pikshas laterz ;)

Also, All Them Witches will have a new free EP coming out tomorrow and Southern Lord will have something interesting with Sleep (perhaps the Dopesmoker picture disc)

https://allthemwitches.bandcamp.com/music

*Ahh, I'm seeing now that there's a ton of these going on Discogs for the same reasonable price. Still stoked I got to pick it up quick and easy. It's all looking quality.

Saint Vitus will be playing over here in less than two months. So stoked something interesting coming through for a change. Guess Wino is allowed back in the EU? I've admitted this before but I've seriously never put them on before but I know they're great. Need to do my homework.