Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Got my Dopethrone III from ATIH and there is some sort of pressing defect on side B. It's like a tiny piece of white paper was pressed into the record leaving a bump that can't be cleaned or scraped off. Sucks.

Damn, that sucks. I hate when that happens. Does it affect play and did you contact them to ask for a replacement? Totem Cat might sort you out if it's an audible issue.

Came here to post this, package received from Kozmik Artifactz today. Very stoked.

tumblr_npfguoccAT1siie31o1_1280.jpg

Damn, that sucks. I hate when that happens. Does it affect play and did you contact them to ask for a replacement? Totem Cat might sort you out if it's an audible issue.

Came here to post this, package received from Kozmik Artifactz today. Very stoked.

tumblr_npfguoccAT1siie31o1_1280.jpg

It's a pronounced tiny bump, so it will definitely affect play. I'm not going to thump my stylus finding that one out. Still waiting to hear back from ATIH. I hate having to deal with this. It's not their fault and not necessarily Totem's fault, but it's definitely not my fault and I paid almost $30 with shipping. Not going to get pissy about it if they don't do anything, but I hope I get a replacement because it's an ass kicker.

Also, my love for Windhand knows no bounds.

UPDATE: All That Is Heavy just emailed me back and they are taking it back and sending me a new one. YAY!

Good on you. That's usually been my experience. On two separate occasions I've been offered a new record as a replacement. If it's a pronounced bump or warp where the stylus jumps off a bit then it's probably a factory error so that seems only fair. Although I do hate for small DIY operations to take responsibility, it alo sucks to buy a 30$ record and have it not play right. No-one really wins in that situation.

My love for Windhand is higher than your assessment of what my love for Windhand could be. ;) Hope some of you catch the reference.

I also finally got the Live At Roadburn LP and sadly I must admit that to me live Windhand =/= recorded Windhand. Am I alone when I say that I find Dorthia's vocals to be slightly tired sounding live? Definitely more of an ephemeral pronunciation, as opposed to the powerful, enduring notes she holds on the record. Might sound weird but it's as if she's constantly catching her breath to keep up with the riffing and drumming and it totally ruins it for me. Was the same case when I saw them live over here. Hyped myself up for an absolutely amazing experience and found it to less than what I expected. It was still good, just not exceptional.

I'm insanely excited for the new LP though. Trying to catch up to finish up the collection before September comes. still need to get the self-titled and Cough split. Speaking of, I reckon they should be coming out with a new one by this year as well?

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/windhand-griefs-infernal-flower-new-album-announcement

Also. If you dig Windhand, you will love Church. Not sure if it was posted in here already. Absolutely epic record, with vinyl to be released, coincidentally, also in September.

https://transylvaniantapes.bandcamp.com/album/church-unanswered-hymns

Good on you. That's usually been my experience. On two separate occasions I've been offered a new record as a replacement. If it's a pronounced bump or warp where the stylus jumps off a bit then it's probably a factory error so that seems only fair. Although I do hate for small DIY operations to take responsibility, it alo sucks to buy a 30$ record and have it not play right. No-one really wins in that situation.

My love for Windhand is higher than your assessment of what my love for Windhand could be. ;) Hope some of you catch the reference.

I also finally got the Live At Roadburn LP and sadly I must admit that to me live Windhand =/= recorded Windhand. Am I alone when I say that I find Dorthia's vocals to be slightly tired sounding live? Definitely more of an ephemeral pronunciation, as opposed to the powerful, enduring notes she holds on the record. Might sound weird but it's as if she's constantly catching her breath to keep up with the riffing and drumming and it totally ruins it for me. Was the same case when I saw them live over here. Hyped myself up for an absolutely amazing experience and found it to less than what I expected. It was still good, just not exceptional.

I'm insanely excited for the new LP though. Trying to catch up to finish up the collection before September comes. still need to get the self-titled and Cough split. Speaking of, I reckon they should be coming out with a new one by this year as well?

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/windhand-griefs-infernal-flower-new-album-announcement

Also. If you dig Windhand, you will love Church. Not sure if it was posted in here already. Absolutely epic record, with vinyl to be released, coincidentally, also in September.

https://transylvaniantapes.bandcamp.com/album/church-unanswered-hymns

I actually REALLY love the Live At Roadburn record because you can hear Dorthia better. I don't hear the tiredness that you're hearing, but I can say that singing over a loud band is tough. I was in a loudass rock band and I can tell you that I blew many PA speakers and also had to get nodes removed from my vocal chords.

I hope they play by me, though I was watching a video of them playing the Stork Club in Oakland and they had to deal with their asshole sound guy, so they may not be anxious to play here again.

Dang guys, I'm home from work already, the girlfriend is in Vegas for a bachelorette party, which leaves me with nothing to do this weekend.  I think I'm gonna pour myself a beverage, fire up a bowl, and blast this new Connoisseur record I got in the mail today.  

OK, you know what, it's Friday night, I want you push that fucker out for me, yeah!  *posts up for a high five*  What can you do?

Hey guys,   I posted this in the cassette collective thread a couple weeks ago.   Thought I'd post it up here incase you mighta missed it.

My DIY cassette label has just put out a compilation of UK stoner rock bands,   it's available as a free download from my bandcamp.

http://solid7records.bandcamp.com

Comp%20Vol1%20Advert%20750_zpsokjegh46.j

Anyone seeing All Them Witches anytime soon? They just got copies of Effervescent on vinyl and will only be selling them at shows. They aren't playing near me anytime soon, and I'd love to get one before they're gone.

Looks like two different variants on their Facebook page. No mention of it, but the covers look different.

Boo urns for this going to page 2.

Steve from stb has posted a bunch of stuff to fund future releases on ebay. Some of it is just stoner and punk records and some are rare stb releases. If you got a few hundred bucks you can grab the doctor doom test and help fund their next record at the same time!

It's been a while since a new band, no matter what style of music they play, blew me away. This band Church did just that. I was completely floored when I heard this song (posted below). I immediately bought the download and I've been listening to it for a few days now without the slightest ounce of getting sick of it. They play an evil and haunting doom style similar to Cough, Windhand, Warhorse, Keeper etc. The vinyl is not expected to be released until sometime in the fall but I will immediately buy it. Church is highly recommended.

I'm just gonna leave this here....

Church is awesome. One of the few newer bands that really has blown me away.

Got my Sgt. Sunshine in yesterday. I was nervous because I've never ordered from Italy before and heard horror stories, but it made it here. Packaging was scant,but it looks ok.

Digging Church as well. I gave the new Goatsnake and Paradise Lost albums a spin. Goatsnake vocals are just too clean for me. PL was pretty, pretty good.