Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Why is that goya record so fucking expensive?

Most common variant is 30 and obi is 43.

Obi and die hard are different things for stb

Damn, just saw this. I'm starting to buy less and less from STB and this might be the last(or the last one was the last). That price for the obi is pretty ridiculous. A triple gatefold is swell and all, but did it really justify this kind of price jump? I'm going to have to think about if I can just live with a digital version. This kind of stuff and RSD are the types of things that are going to cause the death of long term vinyl sales.

Damn, just saw this. I'm starting to buy less and less from STB and this might be the last(or the last one was the last). That price for the obi is pretty ridiculous. A triple gatefold is swell and all, but did it really justify this kind of price jump? I'm going to have to think about if I can just live with a digital version. This kind of stuff and RSD are the types of things that are going to cause the death of long term vinyl sales.

I more or less agree with you. I find myself buying more and more regular black copies of records because I'm running out of reasons to justify a limited color/cover/design/etc... I wish I knew if the band was going to come back through SF, then I would just wait to buy a band copy from them.

There is no guarentee what the pressing will be. Id assume this pressing being the first will go very quickly. There are things he has pressed just once, or others he has pressed a ton of times, like geezer.

I just looked and the last few obi editions i bought from

Stb were like 26 or 27 bucks. Even with the gatefold thats adding like 20 bucks to it. I hope its just placeholder costs.

im not totally certain but the pictures i have seen on instagram shows 2 records. 

i mean the last press of Geezer was 20 bucks.  add another record and a triple gatefold the price seems about right no?

im not totally certain but the pictures i have seen on instagram shows 2 records. 

i mean the last press of Geezer was 20 bucks.  add another record and a triple gatefold the price seems about right no?

Yeah, it's a bummer that this is the price that's set, but for a "boutique label" (which is honestly what STB is) it's a pretty average pricepoint unfortunately.

Why is that goya record so fucking expensive?

Most common variant is 30 and obi is 43.

Obi and die hard are different things for stb

This

Yeah, it's a bummer that this is the price that's set, but for a "boutique label" (which is honestly what STB is) it's a pretty average pricepoint unfortunately.

but also this