Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

RE posted they have about 100 test presses theyre going to put in all mailorders. 1 per $25, 5 per $100

Hrm.

I really shouldn't spend a bunch of money...but I still haven't picked up any monolord records, and saturndust too... I could spend a good bit. BUT. AW2 this weekend, and I'm looking to buy a sound at for the TV...decisions, decisions.

Am i the only one that just doesnt care about test presses? Stb at least does it cool with the unique artwork. I just have this feeling everyone will want spelljammer, salems pot and monolord tests and will walk out with all the tests he couldnt sell of other records.

I love test presses.

Unless you press 20 extras to sell as "test presses."

I like test pressings if they come with a unique cover. Let's face it, most "test pressings" are just another edition these days. If it's more than five or ten at the most, it's not a test pressing, it's just a rare edition. I was tempted to roll the dice on the RE sale, but I don't really need anything there.

Anyone in the Bay Area, CHRCH and King Woman are playing a free show at the Elbo Room in SF tonight. I'm too lazy to drive over that bridge.

I don't have any test presses, so I can't comment. Seem kind of dull to me, but alt. Covers help.

Anyone know if Stb cassettes come with dl codes? Contemplating a cheaper way to get that live album, but I don't play cassettes. Honestly all 3 versions look amazing

I only have one test, and it's an Amusment Parks on Fire test (/5 I think) that cost less than buying the actual album. It's whatever. I put it in a generic sleeve and it plays the same as a real deal copy.