Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

15 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

c0f98775e6e53fba86023e79ade78804.jpgSorry, phantom quote above.

my most "black-lighty" tour poster is this one ^^

If they have a poster this cool for my show I may have to buy it. It will remain in a tube like all of my other posters. I always forget to spend that money for the frame. Doh!

25 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

If they have a poster this cool for my show I may have to buy it. It will remain in a tube like all of my other posters. I always forget to spend that money for the frame. Doh!

Haha, I'm the same way. I need to get a better frame for the one Sleep print I have framed, get the other one framed, and frame this one!

4 minutes ago, buffalo716tapes said:

well i am gonna have to grab one of these when i see them in chicago this weekend, what was the ticket on this?

Ticket price? Not sure, my friend got me in free. I don't think they're ridiculously priced though. Print ran about $50 I think, but they have a different one for each tour date from what I gathered, some cooler, some not as cool!

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Ticket price? Not sure, my friend got me in free. I don't think they're ridiculously priced though. Print ran about $50 I think, but they have a different one for each tour date from what I gathered, some cooler, some not as cool!

sorry should just said poster price! haha

i scored a ticket for Black Sabbath on Sunday and Bassnectar on Saturday in Chicago i just gotta make the drive from buffalo!

I completely rolled the dice and did not buy tickets to the show in San Jose that happened a few months or so ago. It was on a week night and I didn't want to drive an hour there and back. They ended up adding a date in Oakland just 5 minutes from my house. Win. Can't wait to see them.

Shit that Sabbath poster rocks. 

I didn't dig keef mountain. Also didn't get horn/nss. I listened to the first album and I didn't like it. Last one I bought was either sinister or neurosis. One of those 2. Weedruid needs a vinyl release. Thinking of getting the cassette release. October release

1 hour ago, whoshotthefrog said:

What did you buy?

Sourvein: Black Fangs

Primitive Man/ Zaphan: Split 7"

Northless: Clandestine Abuse (Orange)

Huata: Atavist of Mann

Belzebong: Dungeon Vultures

Minsk: Crash and the Draw

The seller had a ton of other stuff that was awesome.  Some I had and some got run up on price and couldnt do it.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Not sure how I made it this long without Empress Rising on vinyl in my life. I'm listening to it so loudly that it is literally knocking stuff off of shelves.

Dude...when I saw them with  Beastmaker they played a tiny tiki bar.

Every 5 minutes the bartender had to turn around and push all the glasses back against the wall.

It was minutes away from some sort of I Love Lucy level of hilarity. 

6 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

Every 5 minutes the bartender had to turn around and push all the glasses back against the wall.

Hahahaha! That's awesome

53 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

That sounds awesome. I'm seeing them next week. Hopefully they'll have the new foil jacket, smokey green press with them. Like John, I haven't experienced Empress Rising on vinyl yet.

41 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

That sounds awesome. I'm seeing them next week. Hopefully they'll have the new foil jacket, smokey green press with them. Like John, I haven't experienced Empress Rising on vinyl yet.

This press is incredible btw. Sounds great, look great! I'm still debating whether I'm going to catch them on this tour. They were pretty sweet last time, and I think it's an even smaller venue this time. I really want to see Beastmaker too!