Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Since the Blink thread is locked I'll post this here.

Hey Travis, TOYPAJ and Self-Titled both sold out fast and you're repressing both of those. Can the same be expected for the Mark, Tom and Travis Show? I thought I could live without it (I was wrong haha) and obviously now they're hard to get. Wanted to know if more were coming before dishing out too much money for it. I grabbed a copy of EOTS, but I'm curious to know if more of those are coming as well.

RhoBearToe, obviously I can't answer this directly, however he had mentioned that the reason TOYPAJ and S/T were getting an additional pressing was to get them closer to 3,000 copies total pressed like MTTS, EOTS, Greatest Hits, and Dude Ranch. 

RhoBearToe, obviously I can't answer this directly, however he had mentioned that the reason TOYPAJ and S/T were getting an additional pressing was to get them closer to 3,000 copies total pressed like MTTS, EOTS, Greatest Hits, and Dude Ranch. 

Not to just start the blink thread all over again, but any info on when TOYPAJ is getting re-pressed again?

O he did? I guess I missed that. So it's probably unlikely he'll do more of the others. Thanks!

Not to just start the blink thread all over again, but any info on when TOYPAJ is getting re-pressed again?

The front page of the Blink thread was updated a few days ago and it says:

Working on a S/T 2xLP splatter repress that is tentatively scheduled to be available in June

Working on a TOYPAJ LP splatter repress, I'll post more info on that as I get it.

So it sounds like maybe not for a little while. I'd guess later in the summer, especially considering almost all of these have been pushed back anyway.

O he did? I guess I missed that. So it's probably unlikely he'll do more of the others. Thanks!

The front page of the Blink thread was updated a few days ago and it says:

Working on a S/T 2xLP splatter repress that is tentatively scheduled to be available in June

Working on a TOYPAJ LP splatter repress, I'll post more info on that as I get it.

So it sounds like maybe not for a little while. I'd guess later in the summer, especially considering almost all of these have been pushed back anyway.

Yeah, it wouldn't have been hard to miss with all of the chaos that was happening in that thread.  But, more blink is never a bad thing, I hope you find a copy of MTTS, it looks great!

Current Blink info per Travis:

These are updated as of 5/14/14 with new TENTATIVE release dates so these might change again. If anything else gets bumped I'll update the thread

The Mark, Tom and Travis How 2xLP - clear vinyl with pink, green and blue splatter limited to 2700 copies available 3/11/14

Buddha LP - clear vinyl w/ baby blue and green splatter limited to 2000 available 5/27/14

Enema of the State LP - clear vinyl with red and blue splatter limited to 2700 copies available 5/13/14

Buddha LP - clear vinyl w/ baby blue and green splatter limited to 2000 available 5/27/14

Dude Ranch LP - clear vinyl with orange and brown splatter limited to 2700 copies available 6/3/14

Greatest Hits 2xLP - clear vinyl with black and silver splatter limited to 3000 copies available 6/3/14 (probably getting bumped back a little bit)

Cheshire Cat LP - clear vinyl with blue and yellow splatter limited to 2700 copies available 7/1/14

Neighborhoods 2xLP - clear vinyl with black and white splatter limited to 2700 copies available 8/5/14

We are doing the double gatefold that the original release had so this one will be $29.50

Represses

Anyone know how long ship to store takes? Shipping to my house usually just takes a few days but it's been a week and I haven't gotten a call or email from the store.

It can be around a week. Sometimes it'll just send you an email saying its ready for pick up, without a shipping notification.

Since the Blink thread is locked I'll post this here.

Hey Travis, TOYPAJ and Self-Titled both sold out fast and you're repressing both of those. Can the same be expected for the Mark, Tom and Travis Show? I thought I could live without it (I was wrong haha) and obviously now they're hard to get. Wanted to know if more were coming before dishing out too much money for it. I grabbed a copy of EOTS, but I'm curious to know if more of those are coming as well.

mtts is going for like $30 on discogs... get one before the price skyrockets

Guest stl_ben.

Seems like part of the reason that whole debacle in the blink thread happened is because people just kept asking the same questions repeatedly and some people got fed up with it. 

Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions:

1)Has my record shipped yet? - Email Hot Topic if you're that concerned.

2)Where is my shipping notification? - See answer above.

3)Travis, what's the deal with (insert whatever)? - Check the first page of the Blink thread. He kept it pretty up to date.

4)Travis, did (Insert title) get bumped back? - See answer to question 3.

5)Travis, is (Insert title) getting re-pressed? - See answer to question 3.

6)Is this sold out? - Go to the Hot Topic website and try to put one in your cart. No, doesn't work? It's sold out online.

It's not like you really have to dig too deep to find these things out. The first thing to do in a thread like that is to go back to the first (3ish) pages and read them. You'll probably find your answer there.

Is there any way that somebody has an extra copy of enema of the state splatter? I ordered twice and they both got cancelled, and I don't really wanna fork out close to $60 on ebay...

I'm thinking (hoping) the price will drop down to a more reasonable amount in a few weeks, once the excitement dies down. Really hope so anyway, since it's the only blink record I still need.

Guest stl_ben.

If people want to talk about albums that mean something to them, let them. If you mean cat gif/wrestling save it for EE

I think what she meant is... Let's not all ask the same questions repeatedly and whine about how "we can't find a reasonable price on this anywheeeeeeere."

We get it. You're bummed you couldn't snag a copy. Don't fill up an actual useful thread with rubbish. That's what happened to the Blink thread, and that's why people slammed it so hard with stupid .gifs.

If you want to complain about how lame it is that you didn't grab a copy of a somewhat limited release: make a thread about it. At least then people who come in looking for legit info don't have to wade through all of this refuse.

You don't see people in the Earth reissue thread constantly bitching and moaning about missing out on the 500 colored Bees Made Honey and Hex reissues like you do people complaining that they missed out on 2,700 splatter EOTS records.

I'll even give you a thread title. Ready?

Endlessly repeated questions and complaints about Enema of the State: Splatter Pressing.

I think what she meant is

good post, but I'm a guy.

You don't see people in the Earth reissue thread constantly bitching and moaning about missing out on the 500 colored Bees Made Honey and Hex reissues like you do people complaining that they missed out on 2,700 splatter EOTS records.

its not the splatter. finding a damn copy of EOTS will cost you at the very least 50$ if you are VERY lucky.

I'd much rather have the same question asked over and over and be about the release the thread is about than a million wrestling and cat gifs that just end up getting the thread locked when there is an entire section of the board dedicated to that kind of thing.

Guest stl_ben.

The cats/wrestling were a response to the endless repeated questions, though.

Now that thread can start again fresh, and hopefully, just hopefully some knowledge will have been gleaned from the previous situation.

Probably not, this is the internet afterall, but we can hope.

Wading through pages and pages of the same question, often on the same page is insane to me.

Things don't change though, and I'm done repeating myself on the subject, especially since it doesn't seem to be gaining any sort of traction.

That said.

If you have questions about this pressing of Enema of the State, please redirect them here.

Guest stl_ben.

good post, but I'm a guy.

its not the splatter. finding a damn copy of EOTS will cost you at the very least 50$ if you are VERY lucky.

Have you seen what those two earth albums were going for before the reissue? They'll be sold out of the black copies very soon and people will be in the same boat for those. It's the same with any limited record that goes oop and is popular, that's part of the hobby. Yes, it's expensive. Try finding a copy of Co&Ca - SSTB for less than $100, try finding a copy of Bleed American for less than $50. I wouldn't mind having both of those albums, but you know what? I missed the boat and for the time being refuse to pay those prices.

Therefore: I don't whine about it.