Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Travis, not that it makes much of a difference one way or the other, but I'm genuinely curious about the state of affairs in my local Hot Topic (Milford, CT).

They used to have lot's of vinyl. Crates and crates, then shelves, then this rinky-dink shelf. From probably hundreds of LPs to 10s of LPs. Does this happen when they have poor vinyl sales over time or just based on what the managers of that store want? I know this is specific to my store and has no real bearing on what you do, but it's troublesome. I used to find some good clearance deals AND new releases (as recent as 6 months ago), now they have diddly.

-A Concerned Customer Fowty Dollaz

Similarly situation at my store. Not 100s of records, but they went from about 50 to around 15. I know the managers there aren't specifically ordering all these picture discs, cuz one of them always comments how I order online so frequently because they've never had a single copy of anything I order.

I check out the clearance section from time to time and the manager mentioned that he gets vinyl from other stores. That's why I always pop in, because they will have random, cheap old stock all the time. I guess if another manager doesn't sell much they just send it off to another that does.

Similarly situation at my store. Not 100s of records, but they went from about 50 to around 15. I know the managers there aren't specifically ordering all these picture discs, cuz one of them always comments how I order online so frequently because they've never had a single copy of anything I order.

The one I usually go to hasn't changed, but there's one that I sometimes visit that used to have 3 crates, and now it has nothing but like 3 picture discs on any given day.

Travis, not that it makes much of a difference one way or the other, but I'm genuinely curious about the state of affairs in my local Hot Topic (Milford, CT).

They used to have lot's of vinyl. Crates and crates, then shelves, then this rinky-dink shelf. From probably hundreds of LPs to 10s of LPs. Does this happen when they have poor vinyl sales over time or just based on what the managers of that store want? I know this is specific to my store and has no real bearing on what you do, but it's troublesome. I used to find some good clearance deals AND new releases (as recent as 6 months ago), now they have diddly.

Yeah idk how its all decided because one of the stores near me only carried the My Little Pony and Frozen picture disks for a while and now just doesn't have any vinyl. But there's two other stores near me, one has a decent amount and the other has tons of what seems to be older stuff and clearance.

Same issue at the HT at Westfarms (West Hartford / Farmington, CT). I asked the manager and he mentioned that since Urban Outfitters started carrying a ton of vinyl (which is right across the hall from HT), they noticed a significant decline in vinyl sales, which resulted in their supply getting cut. Haven't been to the Milford Mall in a bit, but if there's any other stores in there selling vinyl, it could be a similar scenario.

Missed Mega Man again. Was that the last of them!? I better try and get that pink deftones adrenaline if it's overstock from that pressing. Any chance on finding any extra Deftones - Around The Fur Orange vinyl in a warehouse somewhere!? ; )

I know you got alot your pressing and working on but do any of these have any chance of a repress!? Boys Night Out - Make Yourself Sick/Trainwreck, The Used - Self Titled/In Love And Death, Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now, Dashboard A Mark, A Mission.

Thanks!!!

Was just about to post something like this. The mall closest to me had 3 crates for a good while and now they're just gone. Shame.

Apologies if this has been discussed here before, but is there any chance of ...And Out Come the Wolves getting another pressing? Totally missed it and have been checking ebay and discogs but prices for any pressing are kind of insane.

http://www.piratespressrecords.com/store/album-packs-c-47_49/rancid-and-out-come-the-wolves-album-pack-5x7-p-399.html?zenid=252cd1a5832385df60001d54436804aa

7'' set but not badly priced, I have it, it sounds great but I usually play my 2004 black pressing just cause I'm lazy

it's a great package, each 7'' has different artwork, and it has a leather obi that wraps around all 5 of them in a resealable bag. It's a worthy buy

Do you know much about the Essentials box? Rancid is one of my favorite bands but I've had a hard time justifying the purchase when the 12"s are pretty common.

Do you know much about the Essentials box? Rancid is one of my favorite bands but I've had a hard time justifying the purchase when the 12"s are pretty common.

I know its the same deal, same artwork on each 7" as the album packs I think the only major difference is it forms a picture across the spine of all 46 7''. It's not a great deal for the reasons you stated. I mean I'd love to have it but I'm not that rich

I know its the same deal, same artwork on each 7" as the album packs I think the only major difference is it forms a picture across the spine of all 46 7''. It's not a great deal for the reasons you stated. I mean I'd love to have it but I'm not that rich

Same here. It's gonna be mine eventually, just not in the foreseeable future haha. I can't believe Wolves is OOP though. That's kinda crazy.

Apologies if this has been discussed here before, but is there any chance of ...And Out Come the Wolves getting another pressing? Totally missed it and have been checking ebay and discogs but prices for any pressing are kind of insane.

i will be selling my copy of the 2014 out comes the wolves on white vinyl (along with some other things) very soon i will gladly reserve it for you. looking for about what i paid at retail for it.

Missed Mega Man again. Was that the last of them!? I better try and get that pink deftones adrenaline if it's overstock from that pressing. Any chance on finding any extra Deftones - Around The Fur Orange vinyl in a warehouse somewhere!? ; )

I know you got alot your pressing and working on but do any of these have any chance of a repress!? Boys Night Out - Make Yourself Sick/Trainwreck, The Used - Self Titled/In Love And Death, Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now, Dashboard A Mark, A Mission.

Thanks!!!

The last BNO HT exclusive pressing sat around and got clearanced out, doubt they would want to fuck with those anymore.

i will be selling my copy of the 2014 out comes the wolves on white vinyl (along with some other things) very soon i will gladly reserve it for you. looking for about what i paid at retail for it.

That'd be pretty much the coolest thing ever, I'll try to set some money aside.  PM me when you get that all ready, I'm definitely interested.

The last BNO HT exclusive pressing sat around and got clearanced out, doubt they would want to fuck with those anymore.

Yeah trust me the demand for them has changed I'm pretty sure theres enough of us who would buy up 500-700 Copies rather than pay the $80-100 either of those records sells for these days. I also definetlety regret not picking up Trainwreck big time! There was a few Hot Topic's around the area that had copies of The Almighty Norma Jean Boxset on clearance shortly after it wad released for $25 for almost a year (definetly regret not picking that up) is that reason enough to not consider a repress? Considering it sells for over $200 constantly. Just because something takes awhile to sell (Sublime Robbin The Hood which is expensive as hell now and Blink 182 TOYPAJ w the 7"s and almost all the blink 182s they release except the first run of splatters and we all know almost all the Blink records become pretty valuable after they do sell out but they've had repress after repress after repress because a record sat around for awhile or went on clearance is not reason enough to not consider repressing it in the future things change like demand for something. Anyways if Hot Topic wasn't an hour and a half away I'd go get Mega-Man in the store so if anyone has an extra copy hit me up please or if more are going up online at all thT would be awesome!

Same issue at the HT at Westfarms (West Hartford / Farmington, CT). I asked the manager and he mentioned that since Urban Outfitters started carrying a ton of vinyl (which is right across the hall from HT), they noticed a significant decline in vinyl sales, which resulted in their supply getting cut. Haven't been to the Milford Mall in a bit, but if there's any other stores in there selling vinyl, it could be a similar scenario.

Idk that this really makes a difference.

Woodfield Mall in IL has a HUGE UO with TONS of records, and the HT there has the most vinyl of any HT in the area.

That said, I don't get the UO thing.  I'm sure they have a few exclusives,

but it's mostly standard retail releases for $5-10 more than they are at my local record store.

Any Chance a few more copies of Deftones - Adrenaline Pink will go back up online today or tomorrow Travis!? And no more Mega Man going back up online I'm guessing!? I'd appreciate the information very much thank you! Or if anyone picked up an extra copy of this or mega man 1-10 Picture Disc and is willing to sell at cost please PM me!!! Thanks!!