Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

If you make it down there, do you know if Static still $18-ish? It jumped to $26 online.

Shit, I'll try to go soon. They had a dozen copies of it. I haven't made it down there because I've been busy and it's in the opposite direction of everything else I go to. I can probably make it down there next Friday/Saturday for you. It's just a matter of getting a ride.

Shit, I'll try to go soon. They had a dozen copies of it. I haven't made it down there because I've been busy and it's in the opposite direction of everything else I go to. I can probably make it down there next Friday/Saturday for you. It's just a matter of getting a ride.

No rush at all :) I just wanted to confirm the price, because I even looked yesterday online and it was only $18...

Have you tried the HT outlet store on the outskirts of Louisville in Simpsonville?

I have not. I'm not from the area, about two hours north actually. A good homie just moved down there so I've been visiting, and there have been some great shows as of late. I plan on going down there for Real Friends on Tuesday and thought about going to some HT's.

oh a jokesta, haha . Is there going to be a non-picture disc?  rather get that

There is, yeah. Also, I know it's been said, but when you look at a bake post, go in expecting it to be a joke, then decide whether or not he's serious. His stuff is great, but I don't think he'll ever top the scripts he did for a flipping-central Breaking Bad parody. I'm gonna try to find that and read it again...

I'm gonna try to find that and read it again...

Found it; conveniently placed it under a spoiler so that it doesn't take up the whole page.

INT. HANK'S GARAGE - DAY

Walt looks over Hank's shoulder as Hank clicks the trackpad on the Macbook Pro.  We see that he is browsing a vinyl forum.

WALT

So...this is what you do all day?

HANK

Yeah, Walter.  It beats giving handies under the ABQ bridge.

WALT

What are we looking for...exactly?

HANK

Well, right now there's a real scumbag flipping an ETID 7" for a $15 profit.  We have his VC username but we need to find his Discogs account in order to nail him.

Walt's curiosity spikes as he takes in this information.

WALT

They...make money doing that?

HANK

Yeah, the bastards stand in line for 7 hours, buy a limited edition record, and then they flip it for $20-150 Washingtons.

Walt points to a JPEG of Deja Entendu.

WALT

How much would I...theoretically...if I were to flip that record there, how much would I make?

Hank swivels in his leather computer chair to face Walt.  Hank gives him a cold stare.

HANK

If you flipped this record...

Walt gives a hard gulp.

HANK

...you'd make over $200.  

Walt's eyes open wide.

HANK

But I'd have to take you down.  

Walt snaps back to reality.  He realizes he's sweating.  A little too much.

HANK

My own brother in law.  (Pause)

The ensuing silence is deafening.

HANK

I'm just kidding!  You'd never be able to pull off something like that.  You're an adult.  These dickholes are all under 30.  (to himself) Hah! Imagine that.  Walter White flipping White Stripes LPs.

Walt laughs along with Hank.  We see, however, that he is up to something in his mind.

EXT.  VINYL HERMANOS - DAY

Walt pulls into the parking lot of a record store.  He exits his car and walks inside the store.

INT. VINYL HERMANOS - DAY

We see a clean, well stocked record store.  Walt looks around for someone.  

Walt sees a 22 year old punk girl.  He shakes his head and focuses on a 56 year old man in a long white goatee and a stained t-shirt.  He shakes his head again. We can tell that Walt might not know exactly who he is looking for.

MAN'S VOICE

(cheery)

May I help you?

Walt turns and sees a tall, olive-skinned man in glasses.  The Tall Man smiles.

WALT

Hi.  I'm looking for...someone who can help me with a...Record Store Day scenario.

TALL MAN

I'm sorry but Record Store Day was last weekend.  Would you like to buy a 45 adaptor?

The Tall Man holds up a plastic red adapter.

WALT

No.  I'll just...browse then.

TALL MAN

(voice changes to a more serious tone)

Maybe you should browse over in the jazz aisle.

Walt lifts his eye brow.  He understands what the Tall Man is saying.

INT. VINYL HERMANOS - JAZZ AISLE - DAY

Walt looks at a reissue of Kind of Blue.  He sees the price

and quickly places it back on the shelf.

TALL MAN

You would like to do business.

WALT

Yes.

TALL MAN

You know who I am?

Walt nods.

WALT

Fring.

TALL MAN

Kess Fring.

Walt takes a deep breath before continuing.  Kess Fring looks at him, intrigued.

WALT

I want to flip 4 copies of the Pete and Pete Soundtrack.

Kess Fring says nothing.  He looks over Walt's shoulder at a skinny indie kid who is a little too close to their conversation.

WALT

So...can you help me?

Kess Fring gives Walt one last slow look over.

KESS

(serious tone)

I own a vinyl cleaning plant.  On the other side of town.  Meet me there tomorrow at 1pm.

(cheery)

Hello!  May I help you?

The Skinny Indie Kid turns around.

SKINNY INDIE KID

Do you have any clear Sufjans?

BLACKOUT.

INT. WINNEBAGO - DAY

Walt stands in front of his Google Chromebook in only a cough mask and his underwear.  He yells muffled expletives through the mask, as he stomps his feet.

JESSE enters while Walt continues his yelling.

JESSE

Mr. White, I gave Badger the Foo Fi- (Jesse sees Walt is upset) Mr. White?

Walt removes his mask.

WALT

...because of ITEM NOT DESCRIBED?!  They're REMOVING my listings because ITEM NOT DESCRIBED?!

Jesse looks down, suddenly guilty.

WALT

Jesse!  Can you PLEASE explain to me WHY every listing you were responsible for posting has now been TAKEN DOWN?  Because to me it seems like you INCORRECTLY and SLOPPILY listed all these Record Store Day releases in the marketplace for their FIRST PRESSING release pages!  And that would mean that you PURPOSEFULLY SCREWED our entire operation because you're nothing better than a VINYL HEAD LOSER!  So, PLEASE, won't you explain what happened because I'm sure you have a GREAT excuse?!

Jesse starts fuming.  He's had enough of this kind of abuse.

JESSE

LISTEN, BITCH!  

Walter is taken aback by Jesse's newfound boldness.

JESSE

I posted all those RSD copies in their regular, first pressing pages because I wanted to inflate the perceived cost of the original pressings SO THAT THE RSD LISTINGS WOULD SEEM MORE APPEALING.  I posted the listings TWICE, BITCH!  Once in the right release page and a second time on the first pressing release page! Check your Inventory and while you're at it, Mr. White, check your messages because according to my iPhone mailbox we sold 15 records last night!

Walter is speechless.  He's never been wrong (or at least he's never allowed himself to acknowledge that he's wrong).

WALT

(more compassionate now)

Jesse...I made a mistake in how I read Discog's new email alert notifications.  They changed the titles recently and-

JESSE

NO, BITCH!  YOU'RE Rrrrrreeeeaaachhhhiinngggg!  Have fun flipping records by YOURSELF!

Jesse storms out of the winnebago and slams the door.

WALT

JESSE!  JESSE!

Walt, now a sad man standing alone in his underwear, looks at his Chromebook at the messages proving Jesse's story as right.  

Walt grabs a cell phone and he makes a call.

WALT

Saul.  We have a problem with Jesse.

BLACKOUT.