Worst way to ever receive an LP...

Here's a pretty good candidate. This is for a 7". It actually came in fine shape, somehow. I didn't alter/open the packaging in any way. The pics show it as it was delivered.

Find your copy of "America" by America. Print out your shipping addresses and paste to cover of LP.

xxG6toSl.jpg

You're going to want to secure that 7", so get out the America LP. Tape it to another random LP and make an LP sandwich around the 7".

sWocWb9l.jpg

Place this monstrosity gently into the America sleeve. Be careful not to put ANY tape ANYWHERE. Make it so the LP sandwich could fall out at any moment.

pDNaD9Dl.jpg

Voila. You have now successfully shipped a 7" record.

It's been at least a week since I've laughed so hard. Not at your expense, sorry, but holy shit nice delivery (guess that works two ways, pun intended?)

My current story is nowhere near as bad as most people's stories in this thread but I just received a Kyuss record from get_importcds on eBay in a flimsy as fuck square ravioli mailer with a 12" x 24" bent in half to wrap around the record, might-as-well-not-even-be-there-thin bullshit cardboard pad. The only real damage is that one corner is pretty significantly bent but it was still a crappy way to send a record. I haven't opened the shrink yet even because I'm at work but the LP itself feels fine from feeling it through the cover.

apparently they looked into it and there was a fill-in mail lady the day this happened.

i was never reimbursed by anyone. finally a manager at USPS offered to pay me out of his pocket but I didn't do that either.

RIP basement record release

Was this the case where the USPS employee (manager?) wanted to meet you for coffee or something, to discuss a means of repaying you?  Or am I confusing that with a different sort of craziness that happened with you?  I distinctly remember that whole situation being pretty awkward.

Was this the case where the USPS employee (manager?) wanted to meet you for coffee or something, to discuss a means of repaying you?  Or am I confusing that with a different sort of craziness that happened with you?  I distinctly remember that whole situation being pretty awkward.

From what I've gathered, Madie seems to have the best stories. 

Not too long ago, I won a Tom Waits - Blue Valentine on ebay for like 10 bucks, came in a bubble mailer, so I was suspicious as soon as I saw the package. Opened it up and the jacket was fine so I thought I was home free. Pulled the record out and it was broken in half. It now resides pinned to my bedroom wall.