The Beer Thread

When I go cheap I go for Tecate or the champagne of beers

I tell people you can tell what kind of financial state I'm in based on the session beers in my fridge.  Two Hearted if I'm living large, Yuengling for the average times, and High Life I'm low on funds.  If there is no beer in my fridge, then I've probably gone bankrupt.

Generally not a fan of fruit/citrus-flavored beer but Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy is super drinkable and refreshing.

Summer Shandy was kind of entrance into drinking beer.  I didn't really drink alcohol and definitely not beer, but I had/have a friend who was/is super interested in craft beer and was trying to get me excited about it as well, and this was like my gateway.  Now I just try everything, although I'll never get a taste for Porters or Stouts(flavor of coffee overpowers it too much) and I'm some what getting a taste for IPAs now.  But Shandy was my first beer that I truly enjoyed even if it was a little sissy.

Meh, hops. Overused and overrated.

Yeah, it's only one of the four ingredients allowed by the Reinheitsgebot. Totally overused.

Admittedly, West Coast beers tend to overdo it on the hops front, but the different hops and different ways the hops are used (Randall, dry hopping) add a lot of unique aromas and fragrance to beer. I'd have a hard time saying hops are "overused and overrated."

It's all about the IPAs!

I'm going to an exclusively IPA beer festival this weekend and I could not be more excited!

Man I won't be able to make it this weekend. My wife and I are having a baby and our due date is September 5. This is my last weekend off until then, so she wanted to go Vail for one last trip before the baby comes. I am dry hopped a rye IPA last week, so I will send you some when it is done in a few weeks though.

Yeah, it's only one of the four ingredients allowed by the Reinheitsgebot. Totally overused.

Admittedly, West Coast beers tend to overdo it on the hops front, but the different hops and different ways the hops are used (Randall, dry hopping) add a lot of unique aromas and fragrance to beer. I'd have a hard time saying hops are "overused and overrated."

This is the truth. I used to be in the hops are overused camp, but now I really enjoy them. Its fun experimenting with different varieties. There is a brewery in Denver that serves their beer in a french press, and you can add fresh hops to the beer to taste the different hops (very subtle, but it works).

If anyone has stuff by Upslope around  them, I highly recommend it.

4-foreign-stout1-e1328641725742.png

Upslope is awesome. Awesome guys and great beer. I think they opened a second location. Have you been there?

Man I won't be able to make it this weekend. My wife and I are having a baby and our due date is September 5. This is my last weekend off until then, so she wanted to go Vail for one last trip before the baby comes. I am dry hopped a rye IPA last week, so I will send you some when it is done in a few weeks though.

This is the truth. I used to be in the hops are overused camp, but now I really enjoy them. Its fun experimenting with different varieties. There is a brewery in Denver that serves their beer in a french press, and you can add fresh hops to the beer to taste the different hops (very subtle, but it works).

Upslope is awesome. Awesome guys and great beer. I think they opened a second location. Have you been there?

I haven't been to Upslope yet but a few of my friends went a couple weeks ago and said the place was awesome.  And I'm definitely looking forward to that rye ipa