The Beer Thread

brand new minor league baseball stadium opened up downtown Birmingham Wednesday night, last night was the first "Thirsty Thursday"...usually $1 a beer, unfortunately there was an hour and a half rain delay and their new "Thirsty Thursday" price is $2, but they have a better selection in my opinion......what we found out the hard way was that they cut beer sales either top of the 7th or 9:00p.m.....game didn't start until 8:30...so we got a total of 2 beers.  This is where the story gets radical and worth you reading.

There's a local brewery across the street from the main entrance/exit of the new stadium....tap room is open until 10p.m. and as long as you keep your ticket stub, they let you right back into the game....so we went across the street, all of their beers $5 a pint, I went bang for my buck and went with their "Strong Man" which is a Belgian Ale on steroids coming in at 11.5% 

wherever you may be, if you happen to find Good People brew, give it a shot, all they have canned is their Brown Ale, IPA, and their "Snake Handler" double-IPA (8.9% i believe)....they also have a really nice Coffee Oatmeal Stout, a Russian Imperial Stout, and a few others that stand out as great in my opinion.....mmmmm beer

wherever you may be, if you happen to find Good People brew, give it a shot, all they have canned is their Brown Ale, IPA, and their "Snake Handler" double-IPA (8.9% i believe)....they also have a really nice Coffee Oatmeal Stout, a Russian Imperial Stout, and a few others that stand out as great in my opinion.....mmmmm beer

That Russian Imperial stout is so damn good! Wouldn't mind a pint of the coffee oatmeal stout. Ever tried Old Viscosity by Port Brewing Co? That stuff makes me drool.

That Russian Imperial stout is so damn good! Wouldn't mind a pint of the coffee oatmeal stout. Ever tried Old Viscosity by Port Brewing Co? That stuff makes me drool.

I have not, I'll probably go beer shopping this weekend, I'll keep an eye out for Port's Old Viscosity....name alone sounds like my kind of beer

Stopped in my college stomping grounds today, picked up a growler of Ellicottville Brewing Company's "Pantius Droppus".  10.6% ABV and one of the few IPA's I really really enjoy.  And fresh from their tap, mmmmmmm.

Haha, that name is great. I had the Northern Harvest, I didn't really like it. Currently having the Saranac and am enjoying it, I think I prefer the Gage Roads Pumpkin ale more though.

What's everybody's favorite brewery!? Mine is Lakefront! They're from Milwaukee and they make really good beer! If you see their stuff, I highly suggest trying the Riverwest Stein Beer and Klisch Pilsner.

Odell up in Fort Collins is one of my favorites. It's hard to choose here in Colorado because we are beyond blessed with an abundance of breweries.

MN has that problem too...micro and major breweries errrwhere. In Duluth alone we've got 6 microbreweries; Fitger's Brewhouse, Canal Park, Lake Superior, Borealis, Dubrue, Thirsty Pagan. That isn't even touching on the Twin Cities and other MN breweries like Third Street, Surly, Grainbelt, Schells..etc.