The Beer Thread

I was bartending at work the other night and had a good conversation with a guy who works for Weyerbacher in Easton, PA. I brought up the search I've been on to try a Dunkelweizen (it's dark wheat) and he was like "OH! We make a great double dunkelweizen called Slam Dunkel!" and he proceeded to get me a bottle out of his car. I brought it home, put it on some ice and drank it an hour later. It was pretty amazing. I recommend it if you have any liking for wheat beers, or especially if you've only had light wheat beers and didn't enjoy them. It's a lot different but you can still tell it's wheat... and it's a lot better!

• 1 month later...

ahh this is fantastic.. i brew my own as well. kegging system to, one of the best hobbies i've ever gotten into (im gonna say second to music). i suggest everyone give it a try, great excuse to drink and relax and its pretty damn cheap

for my favorites, i have to say that seaonally speaking, im real into octoberfest(weird right?) its a cross between becks and brooklyn okt right now, but im just switching over from my summertime fun of hefeweisenwheatwhitetrippeldouble fun! Have any of you actually had authentic oktoberfest beer in munich? im glancing over at that dude who studied there. Man, that was the best beer i have ever tasted. I still feel like ive been to heaven and forgot how i got there. damn. gotta go back

you chocolate stout fellas, i think your nailling it with youngs, espeically for accessability, but if you ever get a chance and find sam adams chocolate bock it is a MUST! to expensive, but to delicious. and thats coming from who does not drink sammy, kinda feel like it tastes like tart vag. guiness friends... please try beamish, then go to ireland. we drink the worst possible version of this type of beer, the cans are ok, tap the best of course, but only a brand new keg that was just delivered is anything close to an homage to what that tastes like overthere.

well thats enough! lets enjoy beer! whatever you drink

• 3 years later...
Tried this recently, and thought it was very good.

Victory Brewing Co. out of P.A. also, IT"S 9.5%!!

[image]

I was real big on this stuff for a while. I used to live about 2 miles from the brewery. It'll sneak up on you though...

Also, +1 for the Weyerbacher. I'm a big fan of there Merry Monks golden.

Has anyone tried the seasonal Sierra Nevada Tumbler? I never had it before but it's quickly becoming a favorite.

This was one of my favorites in the fall of last year. Probably one of the better brown ales I've had. Unfortunately, my local bar ended up removing their Sierra Nevada tap once they brought Yuengling into Ohio so I have yet to try any this year. I also like Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot ale. It's barleywine with a much higher ABV albeit a bit more expensive. Totally worth it though...