The Beer Thread

just a head's up ya'll, the Ommegang Game of Thrones beer is out now. I'm sure it's been out for a little bit, but it just hit NC this week. It's definitely a pretty beer, and hits with just the right amount of noble hop spiciness, but nothing to write home about. Unless ya gotta have a bottle for the season 3 premiere haha.

I'm more pumped about their upcoming summer seasonal FLEUR DE HOUBLON

I was buying a few bombers a couple days ago and I guy signed up to pre-order a beer hitting April 1st or very close to that date.

Anyone have any idea what it might have been. The clerk said it is typically the only beer they do pre-orders for so I assume it was something biggish?

Stone's Enjoy By 4/20/2013?

Also Sam Adams is releasing a special beer on 4/1, but only in Boston and Denver.

I was buying a few bombers a couple days ago and I guy signed up to pre-order a beer hitting April 1st or very close to that date. 

Anyone have any idea what it might have been. The clerk said it is typically the only beer they do pre-orders for so I assume it was something biggish?

The dates are always moving, but it could also be KBS or Founders DOOM.

also... i went to Hill Farmstead two weeks ago.  they win at beer. no one else is close.

nobody close?

http://www.wickedweedbrewing.com/ beer so good, it hurts me they don't distribute and I have to drive three hours.

and if yr up north, Lawson's will prove that wrong right quick ;)

and one more for NC. Foothills makes great beer, but Foothills Jade? hot damn.

wellls banana bread + a good chocolate stout = the ultimate black and tan.

also... i went to Hill Farmstead two weeks ago.  they win at beer. no one else is close. totally worth the 6 hour drive.

Should a gave a brother a call! Input, I'm gonna make a Farmstead run with the wife in a couple weeks if you need or want anything. 

That wicked weed beer list looks fucking awesome.

Should a gave a brother a call! Input, I'm gonna make a Farmstead run with the wife in a couple weeks if you need or want anything. 

That wicked weed beer list looks fucking awesome.

dude, and they've only been open less than a year. at least 18 things on at all times, and usually half of which are barrel-aged/soured. I was up there last weekend for (probably) far too long. 

And message me about that HF run, haha. We may be about due to start swappin again