Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

Picked these up yesterday at my local store. They also had Ribbed, AOCTW, and Hopeless Romatic, but I held off on all those.

Also, thanks to the guy ringing me up who gave me buy 1/get 1 half off.

70f28930b48f11e3b2dc0ed7db0906c0_8.jpg

Nice!

Still a little confused how AOCTW is already out as Travis stated it's not supposed hit HT stores yet. Been looking forward to that album for while and don't want to miss out on it.

Nice!

Still a little confused how AOCTW is already out as Travis stated it's not supposed hit HT stores yet. Been looking forward to that album for while and don't want to miss out on it.

And Out Come The Wolves and Heavy Petting Zoo came in a little early so those are hitting stores now. Should be up online next week

I'm no authority on this, but I would guess that if they were opaque before, they will be transparent this time - or the other way around. Ribbed was put out on trans red vinyl in 2010(?) and then on opaque red this year, as the indie store variant. Don't take my word for it, but that's what I am assuming.

The only reason I am wondering if this is the case or not is because all of the recent repressed have colored stickers with the color printed on them as well.

The versions that came out a few years back had colored stickers on them, but no lettering.

The copies I saw of AOCTW and HR at HT yesterday had the colored stickers but no lettering. Now this could easily be just a reusing of an old cache of stickers... but if not I wouldn't want to pay these crazy prices just to pick up the same thing I bought a few years ago. If there is absolutely no difference,  I can skip them.

The only reason I am wondering if this is the case or not is because all of the recent repressed have colored stickers with the color printed on them as well.

The versions that came out a few years back had colored stickers on them, but no lettering.

The copies I saw of AOCTW and HR at HT yesterday had the colored stickers but no lettering. Now this could easily be just a reusing of an old cache of stickers... but if not I wouldn't want to pay these crazy prices just to pick up the same thing I bought a few years ago. If there is absolutely no difference,  I can skip them.

Yeah, I was confused as well. The copies of Eating Lamb at my local store had a colored sticker, but the other three (Punk in Drublic, SLATFATS and Ribbed) had white stickers with lettering. The red indie variant of Ribbed had a red sticker.

I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to what colors of Eating Lamb have already been pressed, so that was part of the reason I skipped it this time around. 

I'm really not sure what to tell you - I think your best bet is going to be getting them, and reselling if they're the same as what you already have. If you miss out on these, you'll probably end of having to pay some inflated price for them on eBay. I'm sure there are members here at VC who would appreciate buying something from you that they missed out on.

Yeah, I was confused as well. The copies of Eating Lamb at my local store had a colored sticker, but the other three (Punk in Drublic, SLATFATS and Ribbed) had white stickers with lettering. The red indie variant of Ribbed had a red sticker.

I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to what colors of Eating Lamb have already been pressed, so that was part of the reason I skipped it this time around. 

I'm really not sure what to tell you - I think your best bet is going to be getting them, and reselling if they're the same as what you already have. If you miss out on these, you'll probably end of having to pay some inflated price for them on eBay. I'm sure there are members here at VC who would appreciate buying something from you that they missed out on.

You're probably right... either that or try a little self control and quit buying records I already own.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Today at my store I re-did our vinyl section and put all these reissues out. Less than an hour later someone came in and bought 15 records, almost all of which were these reissues. He bought three copies of Punk in Drublic and multiples of a few others.

He made a note of saying they were all gifts for his family and that he is not an "eBay douche". I'm inclined to believe him but it was ridiculous nonetheless.

I'm glad he didn't buy multiples of the Rancid records because I need to pick up a copy of each of those.

SRC has some copies up yesterday of the orange pressing, which will also be available at record stores. I think it was /750.

Hot Topic is selling the purple pressing (again, /750) which I believe is currently scheduled to be released around 4/8 online and in stores.

KRM's Descedents store shows a black pressing that has been OOS for a while.

Awesome, thanks for information. I guess I'll wait for the HT version since a purple copy appeals to me more than an orange

Is NOFX collecting that intense?

Most people would assign greater value to Punk in Drublic since it is their most successful album to date. It would sell for higher on eBay - all of its reissues are "worth more" than albums like Ribbed and SLATFATS because it's so much more popular.

EDIT: One of the gold disks from when Punk in Drublic went gold is on eBay now. Wish I had $900 to throw at it.

Do we know if epitaph/KRM are doing different colours for the latest represses?

Why wouldn't they? I think it's been mentioned several times in this thread, but you'll probably see different variations of these for MUCH cheaper through their store. I mean if people are buying different copies of LPs they already own as evidenced here, why leave your "2014 Vinyl Reissues" section incomplete? They also probably didn't put them up for pre-order since they probably want most if not all the records in hand in order to avoid some of the complaining seen here and on their Facebook page.

Also I'd imagine any of these reissues being labelled Record Store Day versions are probably Independent Retail stores trying to move stock. I don't blame them because they're a business. If it's officially not on the RSD list, its not a "real" RSD release. Just one quasi-labeled as such. Visit the RSD for more info about that: http://www.recordstoreday.com

Is hot topic the only place I can get SLATFATS? I just looked in the KR store but didn't see it. I'm only asking because my internet at work keeps blocking me from back back pages in this thread.

The latest round of NOFX should be at KRM soon, but they aren't up yet.