Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I've seen this band posted yet.

My brother pointed them out to me today, & I think it's damn good. I think fans of ITTCT, Sleepmakeswaves & Collapse Under the Empire will dig it.

And if this was posted at some point, I apologize. I'm losing track of everything that's been posted.

Band is called Watered...and they're from Germany.

http://watered.bandcamp.com

Finally got around to this - 3 listens today...and bought :) Not sure if I would go vinyl, would depend on the price I guess.

The first track with the 65dos electronic glitchies had me a little worried at first, but then wow, from there driving, power instrumental rock for the next 3 tracks that makes you want to see them LIVE... before introducing the mandatory 'mellow down' section. Loved the Caxide bass effect in the soft section, and then ramp it up again! They also have the ebow sustain, a few more electronic glitchies, some classic postrock tremolo picking with a little sample of impassioned soliloquy, but then the finisher is just great with some drone which sounds just like my favorite Nadja theme and more edgy distortion guitar building from clean effects.

Hopefully tomorrow (today) Mr. Cholly's recommendation above.

Thanks Kingster!

Damn I missed the post from you Don about Watered! Really pumped you dug them! I thought the same thing about the 65dos stuff but it's few & far between & works really well when used.

I actually came here to post that I just found out they have a new album out shortly & it looks like you can preorder it for only $22 shipped and with what I believe is overseas shipping.

http://shop.aentitainment.com/product.php?id_product=139

my buddy was playing me some stoner rock snippets the other day, then mixed in was something that was more atmospheric and psychedelic, not at all heavy or distorted...

...anyway, I thought he said (with his German accent)  they were called Vampire (Vampeer) but then asked a few more times and it sounded like he was saying Papier (pahpeer)... then we laughed and moved on, and that was that... but now I am really wondering what it was because I kind of liked it...  anybody know any instrumental (or i guess vocals could have came after the 3 minutes he played) bands that sound like these names??

- yea, that sounds ridiculous, (and yes i asked him, but we were a bit out of heads and he does not remember) but I really am seriously wondering about this.

my buddy was playing me some stoner rock snippets the other day, then mixed in was something that was more atmospheric and psychedelic, not at all heavy or distorted...

...anyway, I thought he said (with his German accent)  they were called Vampire (Vampeer) but then asked a few more times and it sounded like he was saying Papier (pahpeer)... then we laughed and moved on, and that was that... but now I am really wondering what it was because I kind of liked it...  anybody know any instrumental (or i guess vocals could have came after the 3 minutes he played) bands that sound like these names??

- yea, that sounds ridiculous, (and yes i asked him, but we were a bit out of heads and he does not remember) but I really am seriously wondering about this.

thepunkguy on here is really into this label and Papir is probably my favorite or Causa Sui (although I'm 51 and sort of grew up and burned out of the psychedelic music from the 'Nam era). Causa Sui is probably the biggest band.

The label is Norwegian called El Paraiso, and there's a photo of them playing ON THE BEACH which is crazy re: the equipment!  Great label if you are a fan of that genre.

http://www.elparaisorecords.com/artists

I'll PM you my address so you can send me some Norwegian spirits, when you order some vinyl  ;)  

Damn I missed the post from you Don about Watered! Really pumped you dug them! I thought the same thing about the 65dos stuff but it's few & far between & works really well when used.

I actually came here to post that I just found out they have a new album out shortly & it looks like you can preorder it for only $22 shipped and with what I believe is overseas shipping.

http://shop.aentitainment.com/product.php?id_product=139

Dang tempting for $22ppd!

Gonna put this on my 'want' file for now.  edited: bought :(

thepunkguy on here is really into this label and Papir is probably my favorite or Causa Sui (although I'm 51 and sort of grew up and burned out of the psychedelic music from the 'Nam era). Causa Sui is probably the biggest band.

The label is Norwegian called El Paraiso, and there's a photo of them playing ON THE BEACH which is crazy re: the equipment!  Great label if you are a fan of that genre.

http://www.elparaisorecords.com/artists

I'll PM you my address so you can send me some Norwegian spirits, when you order some vinyl  ;)  

absolutely perfect!! Tried a couple of variations of Papir, but thinking more of the German spelling, never quite hit it..... next time I am IN Norway, I'll pick up a little something extra!  Thanks!

absolutely perfect!! Tried a couple of variations of Papir, but thinking more of the German spelling, never quite hit it..... next time I am IN Norway, I'll pick up a little something extra!  Thanks!

hA! just kidding, it's rare I actually know many other bans outside the post-whatever, prog, shoegaze and drone kingdoms, but thepunkguy is great and has amazing collecting skills and strategy for what he likes. 

a2277972094_10.jpg

I'm proud to announce the very first release on Flesh and Bone Records will be Sky Flying By - Can You Say It with One Word? Beautiful ambiance and triumphant instrumentals that set the tone for any occasion. We'll be doing a first pressing /50 on black and silver swirl tapes. Although this album was released digitally late last year independently, it now includes a never before heard bonus song exclusive to this release! Digital streaming and download will be available soon, and cassettes will be available in June!  I'm sure there are a few of you on here that are already familiar with David's work, and if you're not, you need to get behind this.  Absolutely beautiful!

RIYL - Sigur Ros, Olafur Arnalds, Mono, Caspian

Stream / Download the entire album here - http://fleshandbone....t-with-one-word

Keep up to date over at www.facebook.com/fleshandbonerecords

The Ships is MOST excellent - miss those old days with good samples that actually work well with the music!

That......was nice

(I see Don's avatar as a supporter. Dude is in the KNOW)

credit to King..  I plunked down bandcamp coin after the first pass.

what does it mean when a band has no info on to buy it, or anything on bandcamp?

example:

http://gunsofbrixton.bandcamp.com/

i want this.

no options. they just forget? not care?

There are some bandcamp rules and control set-ups, and they are probably either ignorant or misbehaving.  

So now I'm supposed to check this out at 1AM?

My interest in Collapse Under The Empire releases has dwindled significantly over the years.  It's not awful music, I just find it incredibly forgettable in my books.

But yeah, that Watered track you linked is golden, man.  Pre-ordered the new album without hesitation.  Thanks a ton for that find.  I have the older album added to my iTunes but have yet to give it a whirl.

To put some perspective on how much I'm disliking the CUTE album, I stopped midway through to go relisten to that Sleepmakeswaves song, which I honestly now enjoy more after listening to the first 6 songs from CUTE.

Derek, you'll love that first album. Every song is seriously great. Hope the new one is every bit as good.

Currently checking out that new Collapse Under the Empire. 3 songs in so far & I am not feeling it at all. Sounds incredibly over-produced & very unnatural. I don't get why they're experimenting with all of this really fake sounding orchestration lately.

Same page with you on the new CUTE. Looks like they're also DIY'ing this one as well.

I'm trying to get caught up and give some attention to my vinyl new arrivals: Damascus, ERR, YW/Helms split, Watter (loving this!), and also keep revisiting Watered's first on bandcamp. (also Bleaklow and the newest Pet Slimmers)

Interested to hear Derek's take on Watered's debut.

My budget is OK on waiting for Audrey Fall and Sisters Of... right now

• jhulud locked this topic