Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Holy shit Caspian annihilated tonight. That new song "Arcs of Command" is INSANELY heavy. Incredible. Got to chat with Phil after the show & told me they have that song & another recorded so far (he described it as a more intense Hymn... *drool*).

Such a down to earth guy. When I told him how awesome the new song was, he genuinely appreciated it. He said they hadn't gotten any feedback on the song so he said hearing that "made his night". I can't believe no one had bothered to tell them how incredible Arcs is.

He also said that the band so far is having the most fun they've ever had making a new record.

God I can't wait to hear it.

Seas of Years

so yummy.

gonna check it after I get some chicken wings... and thisquietarmy's "Rebirths" finishes (bandcamp, also ordered the #/44 vinyl from Eric's site, unique art for each one). Anyone who hasn't dabbled within the drone megalopolis, this may surprise you as quite engaging, as well as Nadja's Queller. 

kingofthegutters!  As soon as my Stargazer order ships (yesterday) with Terraformer's The Sea Shaper x 2, lookie what's in the Stargazer shop? cecilia::eyes Disappearance:  @17 euros for the single LP (scratching head at the price for an LP).

http://thestargazerstore.com/collections/vinyl/products/cecilia-eyes-disappearance-lp

edit: I recognize that album art on Seas of Years. I used to jot down notes of everything I listened to, but stopped last year just trying to keep the tradelist up to date. That track Harbour simply kills...but all 4 tracks are really good.  Yummy is a good word! (waiting for those wings btw  :) )

edit #2: Now I remember, it's my dear friend Nat from UK that recommended this to me via Youtube, who also sent me Owel, sleepmakeswaves, MovMou on LP and Anathallo and Mutemath on CD.  

If you're lurking here, shine thyself as calling this one months prior, girl,  :ph34r: where are you?

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/70440-best-instrumental-post-rock-bands/page-7

Nomia mentioned on page 7 on the old thread (kingofthegutters is pushing CK back then and loving ITTCT as #1) has a new one out. Only listened once...someone else here might know more about them. Putting them into my listen again folder, esp the EP from 2008.

http://nomia.bandcamp.com/album/nomia-ep

http://nomia.bandcamp.com/album/iron-and-rust

I went on vacation the past couple weeks and hit a few record stores along the way. I found this gem for $4 in the bargain bin at Mississippi Records in Portland. It's the tour copy /100, and the inner sleeve is signed by Andrew Barnes and Tim Skirven. I was shocked to find this!

Lkq4cRyl.jpg

I went on vacation the past couple weeks and hit a few record stores along the way. I found this gem for $4 in the bargain bin at Mississippi Records in Portland. It's the tour copy /100, and the inner sleeve is signed by Andrew Barnes and Tim Skirven. I was shocked to find this!

Lkq4cRyl.jpg

That definitely qualifies for the coveted 'You S*ck' award!  (a highest compliment in another collectibles arena, and I believe has to be at least a 500% instant profit to qualify, which yours EASILY does).

That's just sick, $4. Someone sold that for $1 or $2 prob. to get some money for smokes). Grand slam out of the park home run, and that jacket looks pristine from the pictures.  You know how LONG people be lookin' for that variant?? Congrats dude!

You know I'd be all over that Cecilia Eyes if it wasn't for one little fact. The frickin vinyl is missing Loretta & Isolated Shower. I just can't justify the hefty Euro price + shipping for an album that's missing the two songs I'd most want (well, 2 of the 3...Default Descent is on there at least). If it ever shows up on a US distro somewhere then I'd probably still get it, but I'd never be able to enjoy it for the cost right now. But good looking out nonetheless!

And a GFE tour press for $4?!?!?!? That's insanity right there. Kudos on that find.

You know I'd be all over that Cecilia Eyes if it wasn't for one little fact. The frickin vinyl is missing Loretta & Isolated Shower. I just can't justify the hefty Euro price + shipping for an album that's missing the two songs I'd most want (well, 2 of the 3...Default Descent is on there at least). If it ever shows up on a US distro somewhere then I'd probably still get it, but I'd never be able to enjoy it for the cost right now. But good looking out nonetheless!

And a GFE tour press for $4?!?!?!? That's insanity right there. Kudos on that find.

Dang, right, I forget it only had 5 tracks and missing Loreta!

For those who like Silent Whale Becomes A Dream: Canopy -  I received this message on discogs:

"Very soon, reissue of "Canopy" in LP (vinyl) only. 
Look website :arbouserecordings.com 
and a "Canopy remixs" by Benoit Pioulard, Witxes, Melodium and Loscil"

from the owner of the label I presume.   

May be up for a group buy depending upon prices/ shipping / # pressed and my situation when he actually puts them up for sale

edit: looks like they recorded a live album in May that is planned to be released in November as well

but nothing on Canopy on the site.

http://www.arbouserecordings.com/news.php

Lkq4cRyl.jpg

nice score. nice nice nice. i miss those guys....a lot. i liked the direction they were heading. A Healthy Fear is my favorite..which is rare since i tend to like earlier to latter.

heres a band i dig when doing renders or mundane photoshop crap. very safe post rock so it might not blow your socks off but it works for me.

-free album

Astralia

The Evpatoria Report showed up on FB as some of the brothers and sisters here know, asking about interest in vinyl pressings?

Let them hear you if you're interested, plz :)

https://www.facebook.com/theevpatoriareport?fref=nf

Don't know but I wonder if the Forbenator somehow made contact?  You know, Evpatoria and all thinges ET :ph34r:

Don't know but I wonder if the Forbenator somehow made contact?  You know, Evpatoria and all thinges ET :ph34r:

I was thinking this myself.  Especially since you brought up Evpatoria in this thread, where Forbs was gathering ideas and interest... only to have the band bring up vinyl pressings - literally for the first time ever, out of the blue - roughly 10 days letter.  The dots connect quite nicely.  That's all I'm saying.

I was thinking this myself.  Especially since you brought up Evpatoria in this thread, where Forbs was gathering ideas and interest... only to have the band bring up vinyl pressings - literally for the first time ever, out of the blue - roughly 10 days letter.  The dots connect quite nicely.  That's all I'm saying.

Yes, it was strangely ecstatic around my house last night about midnight checking the FB news feed and seeing what seemed legit Evpatoria Extra-Terrestrial activity.

I know the die hard postrock family will buy the heck out of anything that they can press - not sure about us 'muricans as much - but the Europeans will go bonkers.  The old ATPR site - I miss it.

The Evpatoria Report showed up on FB as some of the brothers and sisters here know, asking about interest in vinyl pressings?

Let them hear you if you're interested, plz :)

https://www.facebook.com/theevpatoriareport?fref=nf

I know I mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again: The Evpatoria Report is one of my all-time fav instrumental bands. Just everything they put out was top tier, and Golevka was the pinnacle. I've gone so far as to see how much it would cost to get myself a one-off 2xLP cut of it, but nothing ever came of it. I'd be over the moon if anything was ever pressed.

The dots connect quite nicely.  That's all I'm saying.

I'm losing track of who may have posted what already so I apologize if this may be a duplicate.

Sora Shima

sorashima.bandcamp.com

-Really solid ambient/shoegaze mix. Just randomly found this on spotify today.

Man Is Not a Bird

manisnotabird.bandcamp.com/album/restlessness-ep

-Just a four song EP, not super polished, and nothing groundbreaking at all, but for some reason I enjoyed it.

I've been digging these two releases recently:

http://widekmusic.bandcamp.com (progressive instrumental metal with ambient bits)

http://alphamaleteaparty.bandcamp.com (heavier version at ASIWYFA)

If anyone is interested in alpha male tea party and wants to go in on their vinyl let me know.  I can work out buying and shipping. 

• jhulud locked this topic