Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

this is some good shit.

Yeah that album is destroying me right now. As much as I love a lot of the other stuff I've checked out this year, this album is just doing different things to me haha. Vinyl is out of the question though. It only has 5 of the 7 songs songs (not including 2 of my favorites) & the shipping is killer. Even the digital DL is pricey.

I thought it was going to be really hard to push Nothing from the AOTY spot but this album blew by it for me.

Did anyone else feel like that one track was going to develop into Svefn-G-englar in any minute, or maybe like that track when Sigur Ros were writing it?  I remember some other nice ambient tracks but it was so late, I need to visit it again. Bandcamp is blocked at work :angry:

Well I was looking at getting "Creatures" right now through Stargazer. I see that Revolvermann carries "The Sea Shaper", which I also want, but was aiming for Creatures first.

BTW, turns out I only need 1 other person to order Creatures with me to make it $30 total each. Shipping is the same for 1-2 copies, but doubles at 3+. I tried PMing the dude above the other day but hadn't heard back. If anyone else happened to be interested, let me know.

cecilia::eyes is most excellent.  And that track was #3: Loreta that reminds me of SR with the bowed guitars and volume pedal.

For me it still oesn't beat the shoegazing AOTY GoE and I've worn that album out, plus their whole back cat.

King (Evan) did you find anyone to go in with you on the Terraformer yet? 

I see what you mean on Stargazer -- 2 LP's is the sweet spot for shipping, still debating whether this is worth $29 for a single LP.

I'm going to listen some more, but I was thinking about getting The Sea Shaper, and I could get Creatures for you. (I really dig their EP, but no wax)  To get Creatures to you from VA would be about $3 since it's a single LP - what's your thoughts? You into Creatures hard?

You know, I lurk around these boards everyday & yet I somehow missed your last post, Don. I actually came here to say I just went ahead and ordered both variants yesterday haha. I was going to say if anyone ended up having interest, they could have my clear/black splatter for $30 shipped. If not, I'm ok with having both. I haven't stopped listening to Creatures. It's one of those addicting albums I keep going back to. Wolves Beyond the Border is probably top 5 song so far this year for me.

Don, if you wanted to snag 2 Sea Shapers and do an even swap, I'd be down. If not, no worries!

I'm still spazzing over Cecilia:eyes. Disappearance is a masterpiece in my opinion. I'm just SUPER pissed the vinyl is shorted my 2 fav songs from the album (Loretta & Isolated Shower). Because of that I'll never bother getting the vinyl. Isolated Shower is tied with B & E as my fav 2014 songs.

C:E's other full length Here Dead We Lie is just about as good. "Four Lost Soldiers" is incredible.

You know, I lurk around these boards everyday & yet I somehow missed your last post, Don. I actually came here to say I just went ahead and ordered both variants yesterday haha. I was going to say if anyone ended up having interest, they could have my clear/black splatter for $30 shipped. If not, I'm ok with having both. I haven't stopped listening to Creatures. It's one of those addicting albums I keep going back to. Wolves Beyond the Border is probably top 5 song so far this year for me.

Don, if you wanted to snag 2 Sea Shapers and do an even swap, I'd be down. If not, no worries!

I'm still spazzing over Cecilia:eyes. Disappearance is a masterpiece in my opinion. I'm just SUPER pissed the vinyl is shorted my 2 fav songs from the album (Loretta & Isolated Shower). Because of that I'll never bother getting the vinyl. Isolated Shower is tied with B & E as my fav 2014 songs.

C:E's other full length Here Dead We Lie is just about as good. "Four Lost Soldiers" is incredible.

Evan, I'll give Creatures a couple more listens and get back with you - sounds like a good plan. I've listened to too much new music recently and I'm saturated between work and home duties as well. 

Just in case anyone hasn't listened to this band yet. I promise (for now) I'll shut up after posting this song.

http://ceciliaeyes.bandcamp.com/track/no-prayers-no-bells-no-homeland

It is great stuff, honestly.  

Still going over the Terraformer  - as I have had to drop out of an AUS group buy for TWDY with my vinyl budget bursting at the seams. Will let you know soon - prob have to start doing some moonlighting... For records, oy vay :(

I'm releasing the full length album "Dreamer" from Boston, MA's post-rock/metal band Pray For Sound on tape!  First song stream for this release available today as well!  Here is the info:

PRE_20ORDER_201_original.jpg

- /50 Transparent blue/green swirl cassettes

- Full color U-Card Packaging with front/back full color insert

- Includes a 7 card song symbol "tarot card" set

- Includes digital download card

- Includes free Flesh and Bone Records sticker

Track Listing:

1. Sleeper
2. Decayer
3. Sonder
4. Dreamer
5. Conceiver
6. Mourner
7. Daybringer 

RIYL - Russian Circles, Mogwai, Caspian, Moving Mountains

Listen to the first stream from this album "Decayer" here.

Pre-order the tape for only $7 here.

Check out everything with my label Flesh and Bone Records here.

These will ship early July.  I'm actually expecting them on my doorstep any day along with my releases for Sky Flying By, Other Minds, and Wolves&Wolves.  If you have already placed an order with me and would like to combine shipping with an existing pre-order you already made, please email [email protected] first, and we'll combine shipping no problem.

I'm not really into cassettes but that looks awesome. Great tunes and great price

thanks man!  the rest of the album will be up in a few days, i'll post the stream link when we get it rolling.  glad you're enjoying the music though, they worked super hard on this album.  the band themselves released this on CD, there might be vinyl down the line.

So Mylene Sheath is releasing the new Jakob album this year. NICE.

this is HUGE.

HUGE

pinch me cos I must be dreaming  :o  This just can't be real. J&L scored another major and will do things right. I can't even let myself think about back cat and stuff yet as this new one (from the teaser) is just going to slay all day... :swoon:

Love that cover. There's a lot of colours that would look great with that artwork, I'm thinking a nice translucent light purplish colour would be fantastic.

Yeah, or a translucent purple/blue (like the middle/bottom of the artwork) with red haze (top)

Yes and yes.  I love you both for suggesting translucent shades of anything.  Reds, purples, blues.  I'll take any of it.

• jhulud locked this topic