ETR + Fadeaway Records teaming up for 3xlp "Friends" Comp (100% proceeds go to cancer research)

Well you would be wrong.. Everything over the cost of making the record and actual shipping goes to charity. This label is a non-profit.. No one is making a penny.

sorry. i don't know much about your label. i'm going more so by what i know about etr and etr likes to make up excuses for high shipping prices.

also... i don't understand the concept of making a limited record for charity, if selling more copies (and i'm sure you understand the concept that vinyl pressing costs per unit go down as more are made) means more donations. 

Three questions.

1. What types of boxes do you normally use that don't fit 3 LPs

2. (Sorry if this has been answered already) what charity is the money being donated to?

3. If all copies are sold (which seems plausible) what is the approximate calculation of how much will be donated? (Surely this math has been done when planning for the project)

Ok here is the deal. I don't ship.. We came up on a rate to be safe keeping in mind that all of the money is being donated.. As far as cost goes I'm not going to speak to that now because it's not finalized.. I lost my father to pancreatic cancer so my plan was to donate the money to lustgarten.org .. Ross lost his grandfather to prostate cancer so we will also donate money there.. Let me be clear there is no personal gain from this or anything fadeaway related. The shows we do will be for charity and even the sales of all the back stock albums will be donated (no costs taken out or anything.. Those are all profit this point and being donated.)

Thanks

M

(Surely this math has been done when planning for the project)

(and i'm sure you understand the concept that vinyl pressing costs per unit go down as more are made)

I'm sure they've done everything they need to do, and know everything they need to know in regards to this release.

If you have no interest in this release, why do you care?

sorry. i don't know much about your label. i'm going more so by what i know about etr and etr likes to make up excuses for high shipping prices.

also... i don't understand the concept of making a limited record for charity, if selling more copies (and i'm sure you understand the concept that vinyl pressing costs per unit go down as more are made) means more donations. 

My guess would be that the more you press, the bigger your outlay so the more copies you have to sell before any donations are made at all. It probably comes down to how many copies you think you can sell, and how fast. 

They didn't do a new song 1 of the 3 records is all home recordings from my archive.. They recorded that right after doing the version we released on the split in 2001.. The archive stuff may be floating around but was never actually released..

So this is actually a different version than what appeared on the split? Hot damn. The completist in me is liking this.

Every thread turns into a complete shit show now.

Even one where 100% of the proceeds from all LP sales, digital sales, online auctions and benefit shows will go towards cancer research....I can always count on the VC board or at least a handful of members to keep it classy.     

In all seriousness though, thanks to those who are supporting the cause and I was happy to let VC help us test out the new webstore with a test launch. We will always try to help out those who has been supporting us for a few year now and this board has always been a big part of that. Everyone involved has spent alot of time planning and organizing this release and we are very proud with roster of people who were willing to help us out for a good cause. Almost all of us either knows someone who has battled cancer or lost someone close to us to cancer so it feels really good to be able to give back and I am personally most proud of this release over anything else that ETR has done.

Even one where 100% of the proceeds from all LP sales, digital sales, online auctions and benefit shows will go towards cancer research....I can always count on the VC board or at least a handful of members to keep it classy.

In all seriousness though, thanks to those who are supporting the cause and I was happy to let VC help us test out the new webstore with a test launch. We will always try to help out those who has been supporting us for a few year now and this board has always been a big part of that. Everyone involved has spent alot of time planning and organizing this release and we are very proud with roster of people who were willing to help us out for a good cause. Almost all of us either knows someone who has battled cancer or lost someone close to us to cancer so it feels really good to be able to give back and I am personally most proud of this release over anything else that ETR has done.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to get this album into existence, and it being for a good cause is just icing on the cake !

You seem like a dude who appreciates a good numbered list.. Same boat I don't know you but I'll just assume...

1. We are only in this to help a positive cause.. No personal gain, just make a great record and raise money.

2. We don't need the veiled shit talking.. You obviously have an agenda. Ross is a solid dude who puts out good records.. He's in this to help no need to be negative..

3. This is a free market, if you don't like a record someone is putting out or what it costs don't buy it..

That's all I've got..

Love

Dubin

I forgot 1..

4. Saying that the first pressing is limited to 500 doesn't mean there won't be additional pressings.. You know how this works right? The first variant is limited to 500, obviously the goal is to raise as much money as possible

I don't think I've ever overpaid for shipping from ETR.

you obviously have no idea what shipping costs then.

ross, you have a great thing here. a ton of loyal followers who will eat shit right out of your hand. keep it classy? shut the fuck up. i read the horribly written press release. if this is really all about raising money for charity, your press release sure didn't make that clear. i mean you even have people here that said they don't really care for the music but they're buying it for charity? seriously? do these idiots know they can just donate their full $49 for charity and not get music they don't want in return?

ross, you have a great thing here. a ton of loyal followers who will eat shit right out of your hand. keep it classy? shut the fuck up. i read the horribly written press release. if this is really all about raising money for charity, your press release sure didn't make that clear. i mean you even have people here that said they don't really care for the music but they're buying it for charity? seriously? do these idiots know they can just donate their full $49 for charity and not get music they don't want in return?

Dude. You're having a bad day, we get it.

You've posted nothing but negativity in every thread you've been in today. Not just that but you're now you're attacking people. I can see some validity in your points here and there, but stop. Just stop.

Dude. You're having a bad day, we get it.

You've posted nothing but negativity in every thread you've been in today. Not just that but you're now you're attacking people. I can see some validity in your points here and there, but stop. Just stop.

this is an interesting post. actually, it's quite on the contrary. i'm having a pretty good day. weather is perfect here, i'm off work, my house is clean. really can't complain. 

i made a comment that $9 is ridiculous. then i see tons of people coming to the defense of the label with statements like "i assume" and "probably because". it just blows my mind that people are so afraid of being wrong that they blindly support it. i just think it's really interesting and unique!

Sick jab, bro. It's been a little while since I grabbed a release from ETR, so I don't remember the exact rates, but they weren't high enough to leave me feeling robbed. $9 is high, whatever. Also, I'm going to point out that Fadeaway has stellar customer service. I had a small issue and it was taken care of quickly.

I'm not going to say that USPS charges $9 to ship this, but if they're packing it securely with the extra few bucks, I'm good.

Again.. I wrote the press release.. No need to go at Ross on your crusade. I picked the bands and got the music.. Sequenced the record and I'm doing the layout.. Ross is helping out withe the production and is on the board for the nonprofit.. Keep going champ

This set has some great tracks on it - a few I've never heard that I'm pumped to hear and some I'm glad will be on vinyl.

I'm going to hope for the best on the charity issue. Anytime someone brings in $50 per set x 500 I expect to see some sort of financials and how the money was used. I'm sure we will see that here. 25k + is a lot of cash.

this is an interesting post. actually, it's quite on the contrary. i'm having a pretty good day. weather is perfect here, i'm off work, my house is clean. really can't complain.

i made a comment that $9 is ridiculous. then i see tons of people coming to the defense of the label with statements like "i assume" and "probably because". it just blows my mind that people are so afraid of being wrong that they blindly support it. i just think it's really interesting and unique!

all of those things have been cleared up.. Also to be clear there have been other pieces of info released that stated where the money was going.

We are using the same boxes I used to ship "The fall of troy- manipulator" 2xlp with double foldout jacket. This release is going to be 3xlp and a double gatefold and assume it will be around the same thickness. The package will likely end up being close to 4lbs and I am sure people rather get them packed carefully and in good shape them crammed into a normal lp mailer which I can barely fit 3 records into. I have gotten a pretty good method when it comes to shipping records and have barely gotten any complaints regarding damage due to shipping in the last 2 years

Dubin and ETR: on behalf of people that aren't spoiled manchildren on VC - thank you for your hard work in making this album

I've lost family members to cancer and I have no problem donating 50 dollars to a good cause. Getting a 3xLP is icing on the cake

There are many of us who do appreciate your work. Ignore the dipshits. They want you to defend yourself. You need not defend anything.