ETR + Fadeaway Records teaming up for 3xlp "Friends" Comp (100% proceeds go to cancer research)

Don't buy it, easy enough. What is complaining going to get you, cheaper shipping?

Oh, I'm not buying it. I'm not going to buy a triple LP to listen to one or two songs I might enjoy. And I wasn't complaining. I was laughing at comments. Exact opposite of complaining. I was entertained!

Okay... But $9 is ridiculous. Isn't it? I doubt that extra money is going to cancer research.

That was my initial thought but I want to believe there is a reason for the high cost.  You would think for that price, this would for sure be arriving Priority mail.  I understand it's for a good purpose and the idea is to sell these out ASAP.  I think there is a big demographic for this release out there but I think it would be an even easier sell to buyers if they would drop that shipping cost a little.  

Does anyone email confirmation shows the state and city wrongly? When i checkout, i didnt have an option of choosing the state and city. I just inserted my postal code, i thought that they will just extract the state and city from the code. I just dropped fadeaway an email, hope all is fine!

Does anyone email confirmation shows the state and city wrongly? When i checkout, i didnt have an option of choosing the state and city. I just inserted my postal code, i thought that they will just extract the state and city from the code. I just dropped fadeaway an email, hope all is fine!

Once I put in the zip, it automatically populated city and state fields with the correct info, and my receipt looks good.

Doesn't ship until February, so I'm sure they'll get you fixed up in time.

We need to ship in a larger box than normal due to the fact that is is a triple LP.. No one is making money off of the project, everything above pressing and actual cost is going to charity.. $49 shipped for 38 songs doesn't seem so steep compared to what double Lps are going for right now. Just want to keep this in perspective.

We need to ship in a larger box than normal due to the fact that is is a triple LP.. No one is making money off of the project, everything above pressing and actual cost is going to charity.. $49 shipped for 38 songs doesn't seem so steep compared to what double Lps are going for right now. Just want to keep this in perspective.

Perspective is something that 90% of this board doesn't have.

I'd expect Brand new won't do a new song for this, but seriously Moshi Moshi?? At least they should have recorded a TDAG demo or just Jesse some acoustic stuff. but that's weak. Nice comp though, but I'll pass.

Edit: not that I'll pass because of the brand new song or that I don't like to do this whole donation thing, I just can't justify intl shipping on this. not even shipping to my country...

They didn't do a new song 1 of the 3 records is all home recordings from my archive.. They recorded that right after doing the version we released on the split in 2001.. The archive stuff may be floating around but was never actually released..

Three questions.

1. What types of boxes do you normally use that don't fit 3 LPs

2. (Sorry if this has been answered already) what charity is the money being donated to?

3. If all copies are sold (which seems plausible) what is the approximate calculation of how much will be donated? (Surely this math has been done when planning for the project)