ETR + Fadeaway Records teaming up for 3xlp "Friends" Comp (100% proceeds go to cancer research)

Thanks for your question.. We've managed to work stuff out with our friends at Big Scary Monsters. We will be shipping through them to the UK and Europe.. Because of this it will only cost about $4 more to ship to the UK than to the US.. Europe will be a bit more expensive but thats the best we can do!

I hope that helps

M.

Yeah it does thanks a lot.

dreamover, do you not realize that shipping costs for a label like ETR also include a cost to the buyer for the shipping products? Tape, cardboard, mailers, and bubble wrap aren't cheap when you're shipping out 500 3xLps. Get over it. If you aren't interested then see yourself out. Don't be such a prick.

guess, he knows...

http://www.dreamoverrecords.com/

dreamover, do you not realize that shipping costs for a label like ETR also include a cost to the buyer for the shipping products? Tape, cardboard, mailers, and bubble wrap aren't cheap when you're shipping out 500 3xLps. Get over it. If you aren't interested then see yourself out. Don't be such a prick.

yes.

also, do you know what 500 x $9 is? $4500. It does not cost $4500 to ship 500 3xLPs. Now you sound ridiculous.

Also, if you want me to not post in a thread don't write stupid posts directed at me, I really had nothing else to say here. 

There's people STILL complaining about the $9 shipping cost to the US? woah! you guys are so lucky you don't live in Europe to be honest, I don't know how you'd ever survive. 

Thanks for your question.. We've managed to work stuff out with our friends at Big Scary Monsters. We will be shipping through them to the UK and Europe.. Because of this it will only cost about $4 more to ship to the UK than to the US.. Europe will be a bit more expensive but thats the best we can do!

I hope that helps

M.

Will the European copies be listed on the Big Scary Monsters store or available on the Fadeaway Records store but just fulfilled through them? Thanks for your effort making it a bit easier for us! :)

There's people STILL complaining about the $9 shipping cost to the US? woah! you guys are so lucky you don't live in Europe to be honest, I don't know how you'd ever survive. 

Will the European copies be listed on the Big Scary Monsters store or available on the Fadeaway Records store but just fulfilled through them? Thanks for your effort making it a bit easier for us! :)

Just fulfilled through them.. Everything will be for sale through fadeawayrecords.com, there are international shipping options available, UK will be slightly more than the US..

PLEASE NOTE! EUROPE is expensive, there is nothing I can do about that.. please hold back the complaints, I would rather offer it as an option than not.. Its the nature of international shipping.. Arctic Rodeo does amazing releases but I generally can't justify paying to ship here so I don't order it. There is no need to complain about shipping.. 

Because no one appears to read anything I will say this again. 

THIS IS A COMPILATION FOR CHARITY, after the cost of shipping and pressing are taken out of the equation 100% of the money is being donated.

If there is a discrepancy of a dollar or two in the actual cost of shipping and what was charged it is also being donated. Would it really have mattered if this was sold for $49 shipped as opposed to $40 plus shipping? You are getting a beautiful record with 37 songs and helping a good cause. No on this end is taking a penny.. 

If you don't want to pay for shipping and you really just want the songs hold off and you can buy the digital when it goes up, or be a jerk and download it for free.

here is what the first press will look like (this is a mock up but you get the idea)

cover-with-vinyl.jpg

because dubin and ross can't take any criticism. 

Dude Im more than capable of taking criticism, you have an issue with Ross and probably me now because I said something. Im trying to release music and help a cause period, there is nothing for me to personally gain from this record other then the feeling that I did something positive. Im investing time and money and I am not taking a penny, if there is money left over from shipping it is being donated period.

Make fun of me as a person and say what you want but there is no need to try and knock down a project being released by people trying to create positive change. I'm a person who lost a parent and other family and friends to a terrible disease and if there is something I can do to help others not have to experience that Im going to do it. you can say Im ugly, I have bad taste in music, Im fat.. whatever I just don't see the need to try and damage what we are working on here period. Criticize me all you want.

Because no one appears to read anything I will say this again. 

THIS IS A COMPILATION FOR CHARITY, after the cost of shipping and pressing are taken out of the equation 100% of the money is being donated.

If there is a discrepancy of a dollar or two in the actual cost of shipping and what was charged it is also being donated. Would it really have mattered if this was sold for $49 shipped as opposed to $40 plus shipping? You are getting a beautiful record with 37 songs and helping a good cause. No on this end is taking a penny.. 

If you don't want to pay for shipping and you really just want the songs hold off and you can buy the digital when it goes up, or be a jerk and download it for free.

You're probably already doing this but it's best to keep everything documented really carefully - receipts and shit. Everything from the selotape to the pressing in case anyone questions the amount you donate in the end. Good intentions mean little when integrity is questioned.

I recently did a charity thing and made sure I kept receipts for everything for the same reason. I bought mailers, bubble wrap etc out of my own pocket just as a kind of 'donation' from me to the project, to keep postage costs down for buyers but I ended up being out of pocket a further £200 / $330 through under-charging for the actual shipping. (They were auctions and lots and lots of items ended up going for much more than I had expected so I needed to send them via signed-for delivery, when I had only charged for standard on most items  <_< )

Good luck with the record and I hope you raise loads!

Dude Im more than capable of taking criticism, you have an issue with Ross and probably me now because I said something. Im trying to release music and help a cause period, there is nothing for me to personally gain from this record other then the feeling that I did something positive. Im investing time and money and I am not taking a penny, if there is money left over from shipping it is being donated period.

Make fun of me as a person and say what you want but there is no need to try and knock down a project being released by people trying to create positive change. I'm a person who lost a parent and other family and friends to a terrible disease and if there is something I can do to help others not have to experience that Im going to do it. you can say Im ugly, I have bad taste in music, Im fat.. whatever I just don't see the need to try and damage what we are working on here period. Criticize me all you want.

jesus christ. i didn't do any of that. what's wrong with you?