New La Dispute album?

brandy

how hilarious/weird would it be if they signed to Rise?  Not that I think those guys would ever want to be on a label like that 

with a band like make do and mend having signed to rise, what makes you say that?  i mean, it's not an obvious fit but i wouldn't put it past them.

that's a good question because almost any label they'd jump to would be a lateral move.  

how hilarious/weird would it be if they signed to Rise?  Not that I think those guys would ever want to be on a label like that but that's really the only "indie" label that could give them more backing/push than a No Sleep but who knows how much of a difference that would make for a band like La Dispute.  

Rise Records... the Abacus Records of this decade

with a band like make do and mend having signed to rise, what makes you say that? i mean, it's not an obvious fit but i wouldn't put it past them.

Agreed. And although I wasnt crazy about their latest album at first, I grew to enjoy it. The split with The Flatliners is great too.

Couldn't picture La Dispute signing to Rise IMO but as you said, anything is possible.

Even though I didn't sign the subscription and I don't have any other legitimate reason I really hope it comes out on NS. I feel kind sympathy for this label. Not as much as I feel sympathy for labels like DW or RFC but still quite a lot. Even though NS grew quite big in the last years it still feels familiar.

Even though I didn't sign the subscription and I don't have any other legitimate reason I really hope it comes out on NS. I feel kind sympathy for this label. Not as much as I feel sympathy for labels like DW or RFC but still quite a lot. Even though NS grew quite big in the last years it still feels familiar.

After seeing how Chris handled the whole Handsome ordeal I couldn't care less if they jump ship off of No Sleep.

gooo ooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

read the handsome thread.  he backed the douchebags at 6131 through all the bullshit and shady business that arose around the pressing of the handsome lp and then did a piece for alt press on "authorized bootlegs" which was completely out of context in relation to it.

he also lashed out at people/customers over twitter defending 6131.

read the handsome thread.  he backed the douchebags at 6131 through all the bullshit and shady business that arose around the pressing of the handsome lp and then did a piece for alt press on "authorized bootlegs" which was completely out of context in relation to it.

he also lashed out at people/customers over twitter defending 6131.

link me, im lazy and dont wanna search

link me, im lazy and dont wanna search

so demanding.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/91030-handsome-just-saw-thisnever-before-on-vinyl/?hl=handsome

http://www.altpress.com/contributors/entry/quiet_liar_the_story_behind_and_ethics_of_authorized_bootlegs

One of the dudes in the band messaged a member here saying the band was totally cool with SRC releasing it.  

I'm not going to bother finding all of No Sleep and 6131's angry tweets, they might be embedded somewhere in that thread though.   

so demanding.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/91030-handsome-just-saw-thisnever-before-on-vinyl/?hl=handsome

http://www.altpress.com/contributors/entry/quiet_liar_the_story_behind_and_ethics_of_authorized_bootlegs

One of the dudes in the band messaged a member here saying the band was totally cool with SRC releasing it.  

I'm not going to bother finding all of No Sleep and 6131's angry tweets, they might be embedded somewhere in that thread though.   

love it!  !!!!!

can't tell if this is sarcasm but I already tried to post info on the last page.. I got voted out so I quit lol.

Needless to say I'm excited.

You got "voted out" because you hardly provided any useful/unknown info and it seemed like more of a post to inform everyone that you have "connections" with the band.

If you know what label it is coming out on then I'm sure people would be grateful to know. However I don't think anyone cares about your "connections" with the band. Comes off as bragging, derp.

You got "voted out" because you hardly provided any useful/unknown info and it seemed like more of a post to inform everyone that you have "connections" with the band.

If you know what label it is coming out on then I'm sure people would be grateful to know. However I don't think anyone cares about your "connections" with the band. Comes off as bragging, derp.

That's why I didn't say what the connection was. I really was just trying to say I'd see what I can find out from a reputable source, like how everyone quotes emails from labels and stuff. I really wasn't trying to name drop, so I didn't. I'll keep it to myself. Sorry.

and honestly, to put the whole thing to rest I made a new account because I really like buying/trading records on here and I didn't want the 170 something negative votes to hurt me being able to buy things. At least y'all can appreciate the username. i won't get involved with anything anymore though. I'm sorry.

That's why I didn't say what the connection was. I really was just trying to say I'd see what I can find out from a reputable source, like how everyone quotes emails from labels and stuff. I really wasn't trying to name drop, so I didn't. I'll keep it to myself. Sorry.

and honestly, to put the whole thing to rest I made a new account because I really like buying/trading records on here and I didn't want the 170 something negative votes to hurt me being able to buy things. At least y'all can appreciate the username. i won't get involved with anything anymore though. I'm sorry.

ku-medium.gif