Disney'a Frozen deluxe 3 LP soundtrack

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Frozen Fan,

Thank you for your preorder of the deluxe soundtrack on vinyl with exclusive signed poster.

Unfortunately the demand for this offer was so overwhelming that too many were sold and we are unable to fulfill your order with the signed poster.

To make things right we are taking 15% off the item price you paid, before shipping and handling. If you paid using PayPal you will receive your partial refund within one billing cycle. If you paid using credit card you will only be billed the adjusted, discounted amount.

You will also receive your vinyl & poster order, but your poster will not be signed. We’re very sorry for not being able to fulfill your order, but hope you still want your deluxe vinyl and poster.

If for whatever reason you do not want your order with unsigned poster, you may cancel by writing to us here.

Thanks again for your support of Frozen!

Sincerely,

MyPlay Direct

damnit

Anyone know why Demi Lovato did her own version of Let It Go and why it's included on the soundtrack? Did she audition for the part and not get it but they liked her version of the song or something? I have no idea, been trying to figure it out haha

Isn't her version played during the credits? Disney always releases 'pop' versions for their animated film soundtracks.

Anyone know why Demi Lovato did her own version of Let It Go and why it's included on the soundtrack? Did she audition for the part and not get it but they liked her version of the song or something? I have no idea, been trying to figure it out haha

Sometimes they'll have a pop-star do a more radio friendly version of one of the movie's big numbers. This one rolls during the credits, I'm assuming after Disney shot down the "Reindeers are better than people" remix. I know Mulan had Christina Aguilara, and I'm sure there's more examples I just can't think of at the moment.

Unfortunately for Ms. Lovato the public and radio picked up on the (far better) original version of the song. 

Yeah, I like the original more too. I've never noticed the pop versions before (I don't own any soundtracks currently), but that's cool. Thanks for letting me know guys!

On the subject of pop versions, I know they release those to "test the waters" before a movie release just to get an average amount of buzz. It was in a recent article on Rolling Stone

I feel like Demi Lovato was a poor choice in the artist they could have had perform another version, she just couldn't hit the right notes at all. I was shocked that they even allowed that song to be released. My girlfriend and I both felt it was unbearable compared to the film version by Idina Menzel. Just my opinion.

I feel like Demi Lovato was a poor choice in the artist they could have had perform another version, she just couldn't hit the right notes at all. I was shocked that they even allowed that song to be released. My girlfriend and I both felt it was unbearable compared to the film version by Idina Menzel. Just my opinion.

Agreed. It sounds like a weak American Idol/Karaoke version.

On a somewhat related topic about Disney farming out key songs to pop stars on soundtracks, did anyone see the Disney EDM remix album they announced last week. If not,  you are in for a treat....heh.

As the title of the article states---"Disney goes EDM with new remix album, ruins your childhood"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/03/disney-goes-edm-with-new-remix-album-ruins-your-childhood/

On a somewhat related topic about Disney farming out key songs to pop stars on soundtracks, did anyone see the Disney EDM remix album they announced last week. If not,  you are in for a treat....heh.

As the title of the article states---"Disney goes EDM with new remix album, ruins your childhood"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/03/disney-goes-edm-with-new-remix-album-ruins-your-childhood/

"Disney goes EDM with new remix album, ruins your childhood" haha that's hilarious. But in all seriousness, I'm going to check it out, has potential to be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping to US and Canada only sucks. I'd love to get hold of this.

Disney is gonna cost me a lot of money in the coming months.

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but this is up on amazon.ca: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00IP1H3CO/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_C

Came to $73 CAD (just over $66 USD) with shipping to Europe, so awesome!

;)

• 3 weeks later...