PO NOW! Manchester Orchestra "Cope" and Headlining Tour with B&C, Kevin Devine

RadDonut

Saw these guys on Saturday in Orlando. Holy fucking shit. That show was amazing. Past time I saw them at the same venue, there was probably half as many people there. It was like two years ago or so. My first time seeing Kevin Devine, and that set was fucking amazing. Some of my friends who didn't know him really got into his music after that. I also got to meet him and talk to him for a minute at the merch table. Super cool dude. Manchester was simply phenomenal, as always. They played three songs from Like a Virgin, which was awesome.

All you guys should try and make it out to the tour.

Just got out of the Manchester show and HOLY CRAP!!! First time getting to see them and they blew my freakin brains out! Kevin Devine was just as good. Unfortunately this was my 2nd time in the last year to see Balance and Composure and for the 2nd time they were really terrible...My friend and I saw them at a small club last September and they were bad. We thought they'd be better this time since it was at the HOB but nope, they were just as bad. Everything sounds so off key and out of tune for se reason. They're one of my favorite bands but they just don't translate well for me :( Anyway, Manchester had "I'm Like A Virgin" "Mean Everything" "Cope" (Regular) and the new white tour press of "Simple Math." They were all out of shirts unfortunately and for some reason the didn't have the band exclusive split with Minus the Bear. KD had both of the new albums on clear so I picked those up. All around it was a phenomenal show and it was even more rad that I was literally front and center :)

Why sad face? D:

I really wanted to go. I've seen them all, but I know I'm missing out big time this time around. I wish these bands would put Bakersfield as a permanent in-between stop on the west coast. There's a lot of miles  between So-Cal and Nor-Cal. Central Cali is here too damn it!

Just got out of the Manchester show and HOLY CRAP!!! First time getting to see them and they blew my freakin brains out! Kevin Devine was just as good. Unfortunately this was my 2nd time in the last year to see Balance and Composure and for the 2nd time they were really terrible...My friend and I saw them at a small club last September and they were bad. We thought they'd be better this time since it was at the HOB but nope, they were just as bad. Everything sounds so off key and out of tune for se reason. They're one of my favorite bands but they just don't translate well for me :( Anyway, Manchester had "I'm Like A Virgin" "Mean Everything" "Cope" (Regular) and the new white tour press of "Simple Math." They were all out of shirts unfortunately and for some reason the didn't have the band exclusive split with Minus the Bear. KD had both of the new albums on clear so I picked those up. All around it was a phenomenal show and it was even more rad that I was literally front and center :)

Do you recall how much simple math was? Thanks for the info!

Yeah, this was my second time seeing B&C, too. The first time Circa Survive and Touché Amore just blew them away and they were decent. This time, they were SO FUCKING BORING. It didn't help that they had a bunch of douchey fanboys there who just pushed their way in front of everyone when B&C started played. I get so pissed when fans can't stand in the crowd for the opening band and push their way in front of people who had been there for hours. I wish B&C would've played first. Kevin Devine was so fun and upbeat and then I had to try and keep myself awake for B&C. I just really didn't like those bros who pushed their way right in front of me.

Do you recall how much simple math was? Thanks for the info!

$20

Awesome that you got to go! I'm so jealous because I couldn't make it to Austin on Tuesday when they were there and I really wanted to get that "Simple Math" press and "Cope".  Saw B&C once with Circa and hated it too. It was plain awful. 

Awesome that you got to go! I'm so jealous because I couldn't make it to Austin on Tuesday when they were there and I really wanted to get that "Simple Math" press and "Cope".  Saw B&C once with Circa and hated it too. It was plain awful. 

The one time I did see them it was great. Must've been a freak incident,  because I've never heard anyone else who liked them live.