PO NOW! Manchester Orchestra "Cope" and Headlining Tour with B&C, Kevin Devine

RadDonut

Email [email protected]

I included a screenshot of my paypal invoice. I don't know if you have to go that far, but that's what I did.

Yeah, definitely email them and at least include your order number or something.

Okay I did with a screenshot. I'll let y'all know what happens. I'm pretty sure I was in the first 100 too so I'll be bummed if something happened. 

A bunch of us haven't been getting emails. I'm not too worried about it. The payment went through if you got paypal confirmation. I sent them an email to be thorough but I wouldn't think any of us would get screwed because of an email error.

Yeah, I only emailed them about a download code. I'm sure everything else is fine.

I saw these guys play an in-store performance and do a signing last night at Criminal Records in Atlanta.  A guy a few people in front of me during the signing asked about the deluxe box set and you could tell their were really bummed about it being delayed.

They showed us a few pics of the set on Robert's phone and it did look badass.  The box opens up with a picture of the band on the inside and space for the three colored singles displayed and another space for the full album vinyl.  Crappy description, I know, but it did appear to be a good bit cooler than just a box with the full album and singles dropped in.

I saw these guys play an in-store performance and do a signing last night at Criminal Records in Atlanta.  A guy a few people in front of me during the signing asked about the deluxe box set and you could tell their were really bummed about it being delayed.

They showed us a few pics of the set on Robert's phone and it did look badass.  The box opens up with a picture of the band on the inside and space for the three colored singles displayed and another space for the full album vinyl.  Crappy description, I know, but it did appear to be a good bit cooler than just a box with the full album and singles dropped in.

Thanks for talking about something else besides that damn DL code.

I saw these guys play an in-store performance and do a signing last night at Criminal Records in Atlanta. A guy a few people in front of me during the signing asked about the deluxe box set and you could tell their were really bummed about it being delayed.

They showed us a few pics of the set on Robert's phone and it did look badass. The box opens up with a picture of the band on the inside and space for the three colored singles displayed and another space for the full album vinyl. Crappy description, I know, but it did appear to be a good bit cooler than just a box with the full album and singles dropped in.

Sounds like it's gonna be sick I hope I have it by the time I see them in a few weeks, but I kinda doubt it.

Robert's answer about the deluxe boxset:

We are truly upset as well. Because of all the small details the manufacturer ran into a lot of problems. We are daily calling them to light a fire and speed things up. We will have them as soon as possible. Once again we are sorry for the hiccup and will hopefully have a new update soon.

rob

http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/2272g1/we_are_manchester_orchestra_ask_us_anything_you/cgk2c0v?context=3

Haven't taken the time to read all 18 pages here to get an idea of what everyone's take is on the album so here are my unbiased thoughts...

I feel like MO is proof why it's bad for bands to rest on their laurels and not to evolve their sound. I know I'm guilty of turning a nose when a band releases a new album & it sounds way different than previous material, but after listening to Cope I have a new found respect for bands that change it up. Aside from a few of the heavier moments on this album, it all just sounds so vanilla & was very bored listening to most of it.

At this point I feel like I could take most of MO's catalogue, mix it together, & wouldn't be able to tell you what song is from what album. I've heard no evolution in 90% of what I've heard from these guys since METN which was when I got into these guys.

I know no one gives a shit, but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there on this album & MO in general. I'm just so bored by these guys anymore. I feel like they haven't lived up to their potential. Each album feels like a couple great songs but then the other 8-10 are just fillers

Haven't taken the time to read all 18 pages here to get an idea of what everyone's take is on the album so here are my unbiased thoughts...

I feel like MO is proof why it's bad for bands to rest on their laurels and not to evolve their sound. I know I'm guilty of turning a nose when a band releases a new album & it sounds way different than previous material, but after listening to Cope I have a new found respect for bands that change it up. Aside from a few of the heavier moments on this album, it all just sounds so vanilla & was very bored listening to most of it.

At this point I feel like I could take most of MO's catalogue, mix it together, & wouldn't be able to tell you what song is from what album. I've heard no evolution in 90% of what I've heard from these guys since METN which was when I got into these guys.

I know no one gives a shit, but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there on this album & MO in general. I'm just so bored by these guys anymore. I feel like they haven't lived up to their potential. Each album feels like a couple great songs but then the other 8-10 are just fillers

I kind of feel this way as well, though I still really like them. This album just feels like every song is too similar in tone and sound (I have to reluctantly agree with the Pitchfork review on that) and as a result nothing really sticks out.

• 2 weeks later...

They also posted a link for a free tour sampler on their FB page that features tracks from MO, B&C and Kevin Devine:

MO

1. “Top Notch (acoustic)” from COPE (alt. version)

2. “After The Scripture” from the Dallas Buyers Club soundtrack

B&C

3. “Tiny Raindrop” from The Things We Think We’re Missing

4. “Reflection” from The Things We Think We’re Missing

KD

5. “Little Bulldozer” from Bulldozer

6. “Bubblegum” from Bubblegum

You can download it here: http://www.soundsupp.ly/drop-manchester.html