PO NOW! Manchester Orchestra "Cope" and Headlining Tour with B&C, Kevin Devine

RadDonut

TTWTWM was my favorite album last year. When I saw them on the Title Fight tour they had a ton of mic issues and I still thought they sounded great haha.

They admittedly sounded pretty good. But I think they were not a good fit to play between KD and Manchester. If anything they should've opened and have KD more time on stage. It wasn't that they sounded bad, they just play a very boring show in my opinion.

Deluxe Update from the band:

Hello,

First of all we'd like to sincerely apologize again for the delays in your COPE box set. Your incredible patience has yet again proven to us that we have the best fans in the world.

This is the first time we've offered a deluxe package of such magnitude since running our own merch store and, as you know, have run into a series of bad circumstances with manufacturers. Again, we cannot thank you enough for your continued support of this band and want you to know that our only intentions are to get you the product you deserve to receive, albeit a little late.

At this point in time we're confident that we have everything in line and are working on getting these box sets to you as soon as possible for you to love and cherish. We're committed to doing right by our fans so If you would like a refund, to change your shipping address, or need any more information please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll be happy to grant your request.

Thank you,

Manchester Orchestra

Got home a bit ago after the show in San Francisco and I can now confirm that B&C is rather underwhelming live. They definitely weren't awful but Jon was sick and sounded kind of shitty for starters. I felt like I was going to doze off a few times during their set but they got into it here and there and livened it up a bit. Luckily for me, they played "Stonehands" (my fav of theirs) and it probably sounded the best of everything they played.

KevDev+GDB was awesome apart from The Fillmore having terrible sound/acoustics so the quality wasn't that great but definitely not their fault. I was hoping they'd do one of their cover medleys, but alas, they did not. It was my first time seeing Kevin (finally!) and he was as much of a joy to watch as I expected.

Manchester Orchestra were incredible. Exceeded my expectations. It may be due to the venue's sound but they are now officially the loudest band I've ever seen live. Out of hundreds of shows, this was the first time I've ever felt like earplugs wouldn't have been the worst idea. (Fuck, I'm old!) But they fucking rocked it. Everyone was losing their shit (almost literally due to some heavy brown notes), but the entire floor felt like it was rolling underneath us. I was kind of bummed that they didn't play "Now That You're Home" but they had a great setlist spanning their discography. 

I was thrilled to have attended this show in particular to get The Fillmore's traditional sold-out show poster for free on the way out of the venue. I always forget that they do that. I planned to buy a tour print at the show anyway but they only had shirts and vinyl (and I picked up the white Simple Math of course).

Sorry for the stupid-long story, just excited to share. 

The second time I saw Manchester, they had Now That You're Home on their leftist but played Colly Strings instead. I was so bummed. Now That You're Home is one of my favorite MO songs to date. Colly was fucking beautiful and one of the best songs I've ever seen love, though, so it was okay. And yes, every time I've seen Manchester, they've been loud as fuck and I love it.

Did anyone else who caught the tour at a House of Blues get the whole KD+GBD t-shirt thing? At Orlando, they wouldn't let them sell shirts with god damn on them, so they made their own.0