Recent purchases

Found an excellent copy of Licensed To Ill in perfect condition for $10 yesterday! Also got a copy of Sonic Temple by The Cult for reasonably cheap as well.

I just saw a copy of Licensed to Ill in a shitty store the other day for $400. The guy kept trying to sell it to me, even after I told him I could get it on ebay for $100. Oddly, he refused to let me hold it and look at it. He claimed I might bend a corner, "and then it becomes a $300 record, and I have to charge you the difference for the damage."

A real class act.

Was in Charleston, SC for the weekend and stopped at a couple record stores.

Went to Earshot and found a couple used:

Purple Rain and Jack White "Sixteen Saltines" 12" single with etched b side

null_zps3284dc1e.jpg

Also stopped at Monster Music & Movies and picked up Gaslight Anthem "Handwritten"

null_zps5b428e3f.jpg

But did that Purple Rain come with the poster...?

But did that Purple Rain come with the poster...?

No, but that would have been sweet. Didn't even know it came with a poster. The vinyl is in great shape and I was just thinking about this album last week so when I came across it I had to get it. My daughter thought it was weird that I bought an album with flowers all over it  :)

I just saw a copy of Licensed to Ill in a shitty store the other day for $400. The guy kept trying to sell it to me, even after I told him I could get it on ebay for $100. Oddly, he refused to let me hold it and look at it. He claimed I might bend a corner, "and then it becomes a $300 record, and I have to charge you the difference for the damage."

A real class act.

I can't stand stores like that. The last time I saw Ill in a store, it was $45 and in A W F U L condition. Cover was beat to hell, generic inner sleeve and the record itself looked like it had been ice skated on. I was beside myself excited to find this on in such amazing condition for $10.

Jawbreaker - Unfun || test pressing (YAAAAAY!)

Say Anything - In Defense of the Genre || purple vinyl

Weezer - Pinkerton || 4LP deluxe edition

I have to say, the actual build construction on that Pinkerton set is incredible. Usually big multi-LP box sets are either chintzy or really unwieldy. This is well put together, easy to flip through, and doesn't feel like it's about to rip apart if I don't hold it right.

!!!!!!

Just snagged The Lawrence Arms - Greatest Story Ever Told on burgundy vinyl! One more off my bucket list!

The best part? It was a BIN ebay listing, NM, unplayed, for TWENTY DOLLARS. I almost feel guilty. Especially since I just got turned down by two other folks after offering $100 for their copies.

Just got a big lot of 7"s from The White Stripes in the mail.

Hotel Yorba (red)

Let's Shake Hands

Lord Send Me An Angel

Candy Cane Children

Hello Operator

Fell In Love With A Girl (red)

The Big Three Killed My Baby

A couple of them have sticky residue from removal of a sticker. What's the best way to get these off without damaging the jacket? 

Just got a big lot of 7"s from The White Stripes in the mail.

Hotel Yorba (red)

Let's Shake Hands

Lord Send Me An Angel

Candy Cane Children

Hello Operator

Fell In Love With A Girl (red)

The Big Three Killed My Baby

A couple of them have sticky residue from removal of a sticker. What's the best way to get these off without damaging the jacket? 

I've always had the best luck with dry friction. Just quickly rubbing back and forth with your thumb. On some older, really thin paper covers, this can damage the cover, but on most heavier cardstock-style sleeves, it's never caused a problem for me.

No, but that would have been sweet. Didn't even know it came with a poster. The vinyl is in great shape and I was just thinking about this album last week so when I came across it I had to get it. My daughter thought it was weird that I bought an album with flowers all over it :)

If someone would kindly school me on how to upload pics from mobile or laptop I'd be more than happy to submit a pic of that glorious insert poster.

Edit: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230985357693

Preordered: 

Converge - Caring and Killing

Baroness - Live At Maida Vale

Stick To Your Guns / The Story So Far Split

Pierce The Veil - Selfish Machines

Joan of Arc - Testimonium Songs

Mail day today:

Cap'n Jazz - We Are Scientists

Red House Painters - Songs For A Blue Guitar

So... turns out my copy of Hotel Yorba has a bit of a problem. The hole in the center of the record isn't completely circular. It looks as if the hole was punched twice, with one of the holes off center, forming a bit of a lopsided oval shape.

Anyone had a similar problem? How is Third Man's customer service? I didn't buy it from them, but would they help me get it replaced?

So... turns out my copy of Hotel Yorba has a bit of a problem. The hole in the center of the record isn't completely circular. It looks as if the hole was punched twice, with one of the holes off center, forming a bit of a lopsided oval shape.

Anyone had a similar problem? How is Third Man's customer service? I didn't buy it from them, but would they help me get it replaced?

No

A successful trip yeterday...

Inspiral Carpets - The Beast Inside

The Jungle Book - Disney LP  (which was a freebie)

and then while digging through crates of crap LP's I find....

Twilight Singers - Blackberry Belle

Holy crap,  could hardly contain myself!  Haven't found anything cool while crate digging for years!   B)