Game of Thrones: Season 4 (NO SPOILERS BOOK-READERS!)

So. Who poisoned Joffrey? I have to re-watch that scene as I've been reading that there was a shot where it made it obvious on who did it.

I'm sure a book reader will feel the urge to come in here and spoil it for everyone. I thought it would be Sansa (which would be sweet revenge) since she gathered the cup from underneath the table (perfect opportunity to slip some poison) but I'm gonna guess it was the fool as he seemed to rush her away immediately and she appeared surprised by it.

So. Who poisoned Joffrey? I have to re-watch that scene as I've been reading that there was a shot where it made it obvious on who did it.

it's more ambiguous in the book--they made it pretty clear in the show. look at who the goblet was left in front of... also there's another tipoff, but I don't think it's been covered in the show just yet. if you follow that character's actions prior to the poisoning, you'll also see where they got the poison.

they don't ever explicitly say who did it in the books.

I'm sure a book reader will feel the urge to come in here and spoil it for everyone.

yes, because we are all total assholes like that. (even though juan just explicitly asked us to answer that question for him, so...not a spoiler?)

it's more ambiguous in the book--they made it pretty clear in the show. look at who the goblet was left in front of... also there's another tipoff, but I don't think it's been covered in the show just yet. if you follow that character's actions prior to the poisoning, you'll also see where they got the poison.

didn't littlefinger explicitely say who did it and how? (though whether you should take his word for it is iffy)

yes, because we are all total assholes like that. (even though juan just explicitly asked us to answer that question for him, so...not a spoiler?)

didn't littlefinger explicitely say who did it and how? (though whether you should take his word for it is iffy)

It's still definitely a spoiler, even if someone asks for it. My guess is that Juan isn't asking someone who already knows the answer to the question.

It's still definitely a spoiler, even if someone asks for it. My guess is that Juan isn't asking someone who already knows the answer to the question.

then maybe he shouldn't say 'who poisoned Joffrey?' haha. or specify that 'hey, people who know for sure, don't tell me!'

you seem to be getting a little hostile/bent out of shape when i'm fairly certain that people who have read the books have gone out of our way to not post any spoilers for you guys. (i know that i personally have tried to not post anything in here that would ruin anything for anyone)

Just put spoliers in spoiler tags and let the person chose to read it.

Anyways, I personally was really disappointed by this episode, but its mostly because I just read this chapter in the book and have it fresh in my mind.  Some of the differences were really, well, big. I'm putting it all in spoiler tags so read at your own will.

1.  The book Joffrey got was 1 of 4 books in the realm, so now there are only 3.  Joffrey says "I'm no stranger to Valyrian steel. " and demands a new gift.  Tyrion says something like "Perhaps a new valyrian dagger in its place, with a plain dragonbone hilt."  Hidden inside this spoiler is an actual spoiler.

This was important because it helped us figure out some important things, such as why someone was sent to murder bran...... I hope they touch upon in the movie.

Also, he clawed at his throat at the time of death.  Would have looooved to see that.

then maybe he shouldn't say 'who poisoned Joffrey?' haha. or specify that 'hey, people who know for sure, don't tell me!'

you seem to be getting a little hostile/bent out of shape when i'm fairly certain that people who have read the books have gone out of our way to not post any spoilers for you guys. (i know that i personally have tried to not post anything in here that would ruin anything for anyone)

Why do you feel like you're personally getting called out? I've never once noticed a single post from you before you felt the need to chime in here. Quit playing the role of the victim when I simply made a general statement regarding the tendencies of "some" book readers and sharing spoilers.

Just put spoliers in spoiler tags and let the person chose to read it.

Anyways, I personally was really disappointed by this episode, but its mostly because I just read this chapter in the book and have it fresh in my mind. Some of the differences were really, well, big. I'm putting it all in spoiler tags so read at your own will.

1. The book Joffrey got was 1 of 4 books in the realm, so now there are only 3. Joffrey says "I'm no stranger to Valyrian steel. " and demands a new gift. Tyrion says something like "Perhaps a new valyrian dagger in its place, with a plain dragonbone hilt." Hidden inside this spoiler is an actual spoiler.

This was important because it helped us figure out some important things, such as why someone was sent to murder bran...... I hope they touch upon in the movie.

Also, he clawed at his throat at the time of death. Would have looooved to see that.

That's another reason why I don't read the books. Book readers tend to get disturbed and disappointed by the differences between the tv show/movie and the book. I prefer the ignorance is bliss approach after having those exact same issues with Angels and Demons.

Why do you feel like you're personally getting called out? I've never once noticed a single post from you before you felt the need to chime in here. Quit playing the role of the victim when I simply made a general statement regarding the tendencies of "some" book readers and sharing spoilers.

i never said that i felt personally called out, nor do i feel like a victim in this situation, so i'm not sure where you're getting that from? inferrence? an incorrect one, at that. i'm pretty sure that i've posted in this thread prior to that post today.

i'm just tired of seeing people post everywhere whining about book readers ruining everything, blah blah blah.

i never said that i felt personally called out, nor do i feel like a victim in this situation, so i'm not sure where you're getting that from? inferrence? an incorrect one, at that. i'm pretty sure that i've posted in this thread prior to that post today.

i'm just tired of seeing people post everywhere whining about book readers ruining everything, blah blah blah.

tl;dr

they definitely hint at it, i'm pretty sure it is exposed near the end when everything comes together

My friend posted on FB about how people spoiled last nights ending for her. So some douche bag went on a complete spoiler spree for the next couple of seasons on her comment section. I'm kinda furious... Granted I didn't read it all my eyes wandered enough to glimpse plenty to be pissed about it.

Just felt like complaining

Thanks for providing the token elitist book reader position in this thread.

"I can read, I'm better than you!"

Blah, blah, blah

ahaha. yes. me saying that to your 'tl;dr' response to my 3 lines of text definitely pegs me as an 'elitist book reader'.

ok sir, clearly you win.

Also it's interesting the change in sparring partner from Ilyn Payne to Bronn. Curious how this changes Bronn's role in the long run.

Regarding another change from the book.

i feel like that may just be because there are so, so many characters to keep straight as is, so they just did that to cut down on confusion?

the only thing that may come into play later is Jaime told him all sorts of things because he can't talk. the last we see them is AFFC so we don't know if that plays out in any way later on down the road. i don't think i'd even tell Bronn my address, haha

i feel like that may just be because there are so, so many characters to keep straight as is, so they just did that to cut down on confusion?

the only thing that may come into play later is Jaime told him all sorts of things because he can't talk. the last we see them is AFFC so we don't know if that plays out in any way later on down the road. i don't think i'd even tell Bronn my address, haha

Yea I was a little annoyed at this.  Payne was the perfect sparring partner for the situation, and his creepy cackle about Jamie's lack of skill made for some great moments of humility for Jamie.  

Clearly they did it for the added dialogue, since Bronn is fucking hilarious.

I think that change might be because of the other actor having cancer, so they needed a replacement since he might not have been available for camera time.  Bronn is, I agree, the best replacement.

@timbrh - i really wish I haven't read the books, but I read them after season 1 came out so I shot myself in the foot there.  didn't realize how much I'd be letting up.  I tell all people I meet now to never read past the season.

I also thought it was very interesting, that at least as far as we can tell, they put Shae on a ship......

I think that change might be because of the other actor having cancer, so they needed a replacement since he might not have been available for camera time.  Bronn is, I agree, the best replacement.

@timbrh - i really wish I haven't read the books, but I read them after season 1 came out so I shot myself in the foot there.  didn't realize how much I'd be letting up.  I tell all people I meet now to never read past the season.

I also thought it was very interesting, that at least as far as we can tell, they put Shae on a ship......

if she actually is gone for good i'm going to be pretty disappointed. because. you know.