Game of Thrones: Season 4 (NO SPOILERS BOOK-READERS!)

Season 3 was the first half of book 3.  This season will be the second half, and should be one of the best seasons of the series.  Definitely one of the most exciting books.

I wonder how they work in Coldhands now since they took out his introduction as it was in the book (and kind of ruined that whole scene with Sam Tarly and the crows, in my opinion).

Glad to see so much of the Red Viper in the trailer though.

Also for anyone who read the books... they BETTER keep the Shae storyline.  Seems like they were moving away from the book, but I'm hoping its just for more 'dramatic' effect.

This might be potentially a spoiler, so if you don't want to risk it, don't read any more of this...

I don't think Coldhands is Benjen, but that seems to be the only real theory out there as to who he is/used to be.

Basically seems like a white walker who retained his mental capabilities, but there is no real explanation in the first 5 books as to who he is or where he came from.

Now for other conspiracy theories... I am fully on board with the idea out there that Jon Snow was Rhaegar/Lyanna's bastard love child and Ned just raised him as his own to protect him from Robert.

I am also on board with the Jon snow theory. It seems the most plausible given the limited info provided. The story is generally told from Robert's point of view where she was "kidnapped." It could have been something sinister or more of a love child. Robert doesn't seem to attuned to a woman's true thoughts and feelings.

Not sure who else Coldhands could be. However, GRRM has been known to throw a curveball or two.

I don't think its covered in the 2nd half of book 3, but I am curious what they are going to do with Asha, rickon et al. given that they diverged from the books. I really like the davos /manderly storyline and hope they keep it intact as much as possible. Lord Manderly is awesome in the books.

I am also on board with the Jon snow theory. It seems the most plausible given the limited info provided. The story is generally told from Robert's point of view where she was "kidnapped." It could have been something sinister or more of a love child. Robert doesn't seem to attuned to a woman's true thoughts and feelings.

Not sure who else Coldhands could be. However, GRRM has been known to throw a curveball or two.

I don't think its covered in the 2nd half of book 3, but I am curious what they are going to do with Asha, rickon et al. given that they diverged from the books. I really like the davos /manderly storyline and hope they keep it intact as much as possible. Lord Manderly is awesome in the books.

So much points to Jon being Rhaegars son - Lyanna died on her birthing bed, with only Ned there.  Ned, who never did anything to dishonor him or his house, can't see him committing adultery.  In the show him and Jon have a moment before Jon leaves for the wall and Ned says they will speak about his mother next time they see each other, probably feeling content that if Jon takes the black by then, he will be out of Roberts reach.  Obviously Ned dies soon after, so this information can never be revealed - no one alive would know the truth.  In the book it definitely seems more like Lyanna fell for Rhaegar and Robert was just being the bitter ex.  The name alone... Fire & Ice could point to Jon being part fire and part ice, if we are to believe he is the main focal point of the story and not Dany.

I know GRRM likes to fuck with our heads, so it could just be that.

The third book is my favorite, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.  Also, rad that they used a Chelsea Wolfe song was in the trailer.

OMG it was super rad.  Hearing Feral Love at the start of that trailer only served to increase my excitement.  It would be pretty cool if they used more of her music.  It seems to fit pretty well.

This might be potentially a spoiler, so if you don't want to risk it, don't read any more of this...

I don't think Coldhands is Benjen, but that seems to be the only real theory out there as to who he is/used to be.

Basically seems like a white walker who retained his mental capabilities, but there is no real explanation in the first 5 books as to who he is or where he came from.

Now for other conspiracy theories... I am fully on board with the idea out there that Jon Snow was Rhaegar/Lyanna's bastard love child and Ned just raised him as his own to protect him from Robert.

For those that have read the books here's a nice write up about Coldhands and how he could very well be the Night King (mentioned in Old Nan's stories).  Him being Benjen just seems to obvious.  GRRM can do better than that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1iift6/spoilers_all_coldhands_the_nights_king_and_brans/

For those that have read the books here's a nice write up about Coldhands and how he could very well be the Night King (mentioned in Old Nan's stories).  Him being Benjen just seems to obvious.  GRRM can do better than that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1iift6/spoilers_all_coldhands_the_nights_king_and_brans/

I seriously doubt it's Benjen.  Leaf says something along the lines of "they killed him long ago" to Bran in reference to Coldhands after they enter the cavern.  Benjen's only been missing 2-3 years at this point, which wouldn't really qualify as long ago.

Night King or Bloodraven seem a lot more plausible.... although it pretty much seems like the 3 eyed raven is probably Bloodraven.

That was definitely the best Coldhands theory I've seen.  Put together a lot of things that I totally missed from my readings, and makes a lot of sense and kind of fits with GRRM not being too explicit with these underlying mysteries.  

i'm watching through this series for the first time now and really enjoying it. almost finished with season 2. there is definitely a lot of bizarre shit going on though that I don't really understand, but i'm assuming some of these things will be explained better later?

If you like the show, definitely read the books.  Its so easy to get lost in the show, and you lose a lot of the back stories that you get from the POV chapters and internal thoughts of the characters.  Also the show switches up actors from season to season for some less major rolls (The Mountain, Beric, etc).  

But yea, some of the bizarre shit will be explained, but most of it won't.

i'm watching through this series for the first time now and really enjoying it. almost finished with season 2. there is definitely a lot of bizarre shit going on though that I don't really understand, but i'm assuming some of these things will be explained better later?

as someone who has not read the books and only watched the show on HBO, some of the stuff gets explained in season 3, and more bizarre shit happens, its the best show made on TV, hands down bar none