Game of Thrones: Season 4 (NO SPOILERS BOOK-READERS!)

If they cut out or trimmed down the "previously on" segment and the opening sequence, there'd be more time for awesomeness.

If I had one "critique" of the show (I know I know, the books leave plenty of room for everyone to play), it would be that there are sooo many players in the game.  Kind of makes it difficult to follow everything that's currently going on in everyone's world and an hour just doesn't give enough time to give everyone some face time.

Just like there wasn't a need to accuse me as whining about something that is of absolutely no concern to you since you obviously are able to refrain from spewing spoilers out on internet message boards.  Should have just minded your own business from the get-go.

You are such a fucking baby it's insane.

If I had one "critique" of the show (I know I know, the books leave plenty of room for everyone to play), it would be that there are sooo many players in the game.  Kind of makes it difficult to follow everything that's currently going on in everyone's world and an hour just doesn't give enough time to give everyone some face time.

it's often a struggle to keep things straight in the book too. especially in the later books which focus on a lot of one-off POV characters. the story is just fucking huge. the next season is going to really need some help, because after book 3, things slow down quite a bit... really excited for the rest of S4 though. they've already started with a bang.

That's true. It's been too slow. She's going from town to town freeing people and taking shit over. No real development there. So far.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/14/game-of-thrones-joffrey_n_5135715.html

"You also directed next week’s episode, “Breaker of Chains.” What can you tell us about that?

Daenerys’ story really kicks in a big way in episode three. That was a case of a real starting from scratch. We had the script, we knew what happened, we had the dialogue, but it was like where in the world and how in the world are we going do this sequence? That was a real blast, it was like making a movie, you’re starting from nothing. We do this huge sequence and I had done, last year, The Plaza of Pride where Daenerys’ dragons take over the plaza, and this sequence [in episode three] is actually twice as big as that. And yet, when we did The Plaza of Pride we had a set from an old Ridley Scott movie, we had a lot of stuff we could use, yet in episode three [of Season 4] in the locale that she comes into we had nothing. It’s basically the largest city she’s ever gone to and the biggest challenge she’s ever had, yet there was no set for that. That was fun, but I won’t say anymore than that."

it's often a struggle to keep things straight in the book too. especially in the later books which focus on a lot of one-off POV characters. the story is just fucking huge. the next season is going to really need some help, because after book 3, things slow down quite a bit... really excited for the rest of S4 though. they've already started with a bang.

The overall depth of the story is just amazing and I don't fault Martin's imagination at all.  Due to the popularity of this show, I really think they could stretch it out even more though and make it 2 hours every week (or possibly double the amount of episodes per season).

Alrighty then. SeaMoney and timbrh2001, I don't care who started what. Let it go. Stop. This is just a friendly warning here. If you two have things to hash out, take it to PM's. Please.

No need to have it out on the threads and boards and de-rail discussions.

Kind of figured the subject was let go but then dum dum just had to get one last shot in of a discussion he took absolutely no part in.

That's true. It's been too slow. She's going from town to town freeing people and taking shit over. No real development there. So far.

Also there is no Strong Belwas in the show so the most entertaining part of her story is gone.  They really have been sacrificing some great characters and then focus on ones that suck.  I could do with much less Brienne of Tarth.

Yea there is so much going on right now and they are so strict to keeping the episodes under an hour.  Really grinds my gears.  I'd love even just a 10 minute extended episode once in a while... I'm sure they have a ridiculous amount of extra scenes.

Haven't seen any of the blu-rays of the previous seasons.  Anyone know if there are tons of extras and deleted scenes thrown in?

Basically only three chapters of hers were left, unless they go into any book 5 material.

Also there is no Strong Belwas in the show so the most entertaining part of her story is gone.  They really have been sacrificing some great characters and then focus on ones that suck.  I could do with much less Brienne of Tarth.

Pretty sure another character does what SB did. so it's still there.