Post Your Record Storage Area

i know i have posted this before but i moved some things around while cleaning last weekend. Still have a box of my parent's old records in my closet

[image]

do you put the old records in with the newer ones. i have two crates from other people with some solid records in them i want to add to my collection.

i know some people dont include older lps in their list and so on and or keep them seperate from other records.

I used to group my classic rock albums with all my other stuff but then i ran out of room. So to make room for new purchases i started pulling the old classic rock stuff and storing them inmy closet.

Now i have things divided up a little more and once i get rid of all the sale/trade stuff ill probably start digging the old records out of my closet and throwing them on the shelves.

[image]

Sort of surprised people have like 50 different copies of the same albums in their collections. Does it not get tiring to listen to same 30 albums over and over? I probably own around 600 or 700 LPs without any repeats(and hundreds of 7"s), and I often feel like I don't have enough variety in my music selection. I'm not trying to be critical, but I would like to try to understand why so many users are doing this. I can understand getting every version of every record by your all time favorite band or whatever, but looking through here it seems like so many people just have huge chunks of the same albums over and over and over.

Sort of surprised people have like 50 different copies of the same albums in their collections. Does it not get tiring to listen to same 30 albums over and over? I probably own around 600 or 700 LPs without any repeats(and hundreds of 7"s), and I often feel like I don't have enough variety in my music selection. I'm not trying to be critical, but I would like to try to understand why so many users are doing this. I can understand getting every version of every record by your all time favorite band or whatever, but looking through here it seems like so many people just have huge chunks of the same albums over and over and over.

Color/Cover variants + OCD = What you are talking about.

Guilty as charged. Can't help it.

See: Impact's Against Me! collection.

Guest drahtuos

here's my set up.

detolf filled with toys, tt, entertainment center.

[image]

technics, mixer, labbit.

[image]

entertainment center. houses my tv, reciever, tape deck, cdplayer, xbox, etc.

[image]

7" and 10"s.

[image]

mixtapes and other casettes.

[image]

lack filled with records.

[image]

my casio.

[image]

sorry for posting so many pictures. here's two more so you can see the rest of my room, i love my room. <3

[image]

[image]

again sorry. picture overload i know, i just have a bad case of bedroom pride.

Guest drahtuos
I have pride in my bedroom too... It's a weird "obsession" i would say

not weird, i think it's only right. a man's (or woman's) bedroom is like a holy place and there is something so very comforting about one's own bedroom, you know.

people with strong pride in their bedrooms, represent!

• jhulud locked this topic