AVAILABLE NOW! Damascus - Heights (Sly Vinyl Records) (FFO: Caspian, Russian Circles etc.)

We're beyond excited!!!!!!

You know what this means... ON TO SVR04!!!!!! ;)

SVR01 & SVR02 are officially sold out as well as the Black & White A Side/B Side w/ Silver Splatter for this Damascus release (SVR03)!!

We look forward to continually bringing you guys a range of stuff in the highest possible quality!! Let's keep this happening!! :D

Whats next? :D

We're beyond excited!!!!!!

You know what this means... ON TO SVR04!!!!!! ;)

SVR01 & SVR02 are officially sold out as well as the Black & White A Side/B Side w/ Silver Splatter for this Damascus release (SVR03)!!

We look forward to continually bringing you guys a range of stuff in the highest possible quality!! Let's keep this happening!! :D

Whats next? :D

Keep it going with some solid instrumental jams.

Disagree 100%. Though I do think SVR has done a great job with it's releases thus far, I think it's crucial to explore some other genres lest you risk the potential of "pigeonholing" the label to one style of music. They've already done mellow tunes with Blue Sky Black Death and Damascus releases and a good indie rock release with Way Yes' Tog Pebbles. I'd like to see something a bit more "edgy" and upbeat on the horizon.

I'd personally make a vote for some solid alternative rock, punk or actual hip-hop. I'd also love to see something other than full-length LP releases just to add some more diversity. Maybe a 2x10" release, a single-sided w/etched b-side LP or some 7" split releases.

mellow tunes [...] Damascus

Damascus is still essentially instrumental/post-rock which I consider "mellow" music. Though there are some heavy portions, you definitely cannot call it post-metal or really "heavy" (if only for a moment) without stretching the term pretty thin. Point is, like I said, I'd like to see some more diverse music being released on SVR.

I think there are some absolutely post-metal segments on this record, not to mention experimental moments like the finale of the title-track, in all its dissonant glory. To me, "mellow (instrumental) music" is something you'd play in the background at Barnes & Noble.

I do agree that Sly should avoid sticking to one specific sound or genre for their releases, but putting BSBD and Damascus in the same boat is just silly.