PO: Fireworks - Oh, Common Life

Just got this email from Banquet;

"hi there,

sorry to say that delivery of Fireworks - Oh, Common Life has been delayed. CDs are expected within 10 days; LPs will be considerably longer due to delays caused by Record Store Day releases at the pressing plants.

if you've ordered the LP, we'll send you a CD for free the same day it's delivered to us and your LP will follow as soon as it arrives.

apologies for the wait and thanks for your patience!

jt / banquet"

Just got this email from Banquet;

"hi there,

sorry to say that delivery of Fireworks - Oh, Common Life has been delayed. CDs are expected within 10 days; LPs will be considerably longer due to delays caused by Record Store Day releases at the pressing plants.

if you've ordered the LP, we'll send you a CD for free the same day it's delivered to us and your LP will follow as soon as it arrives.

apologies for the wait and thanks for your patience!

jt / banquet"

That's awful nice of them to send us a free cd in the meantime.

Alright, so I've checked with all the independent stores near me, and even had one of my friends in Indiana check Luna in Indianapolis (they were on the list that the band tweeted) and can not find anywhere that has the bonus CD. So if anyone has it and doesn't want it, or has an extra copy, I'm willing to pay more than I probably should for a 3-song CD.

Some of the stores had trouble with the first delivery. I'd honestly call back in a week. I'll post here when my store gets their shipment in, because that means it's likely other stores have theirs as well.

The stores I checked with had never heard of it whatsoever, and checked their distributors and couldn't find anything on it there either :/ 

Man..I seriously want to get into this band. I love the music but I really can't take this guys voice seriously. It sounds like he needs some basic voice lessons.

I have a lot of bands I'm like that with, so I get it. Have you listened to woods or run brother run off the new album? Those might change your mind.

Man..I seriously want to get into this band. I love the music but I really can't take this guys voice seriously. It sounds like he needs some basic voice lessons.

Different genre but that how I am with The Smashing Pumpkins. I dig the music but I think Billy Corgan has the absolute worst voice of all time.

Different genre but that how I am with The Smashing Pumpkins. I dig the music but I think Billy Corgan has the absolute worst voice of all time.

I feel this way about TWIABP. I love the instruments but cannot get behind his voice at all. More recently it's happened to me with Somos. Band is really cool, but something about his vocals throw me off bad.

I feel this way about TWIABP. I love the instruments but cannot get behind his voice at all. More recently it's happened to me with Somos. Band is really cool, but something about his vocals throw me off bad.

Totally agree with both.

I think you either love it or you hate it. I was the complete opposite. The uniqueness of his voice drew me in and I've been in love with it ever since. I can understand how you wouldn't like it though.