Vegetarian / Vegan Foods Thread

My brother got me a Thug Kitchen cook book for Christmas.  I wasn't familiar with the site before, but the recipes in there look pretty rad.  A lot of them seem fairly easy too.  I'm going to be eating pretty well this week.

thug kitchen cracks me up. im sure that book is entertaining to say the least.  post any good finds!

• 1 month later...

The only thing I've ever slow cooked is pineapple chili, aka whatever the heck you wanna put in your pot plus chili plus pineapple.  I need more recipes too.

I've been having rice in at least half my meals for the past few weeks and man it firms my poops up and I've lost unnecessary weight because of this, it rules!  ( I went from 170 to 154 and all I've done is eat a little less than usual, lots of rice, and pushups here and there )

We finally got a Crock Pot. Attempting to get in the ballpark of my mother's roast recipe today, I'll let you know how it goes. 

Anyone have any good slow cooker recipes to share?

I usually do all my curry, soups and chili in my slow cooker.  I'll prep it the night before and then start it when I leave for work in the morning.

I've also had good luck making veggie stock and seitan in mine  If you're lazy like I am, it's a great way to cook dried beans too.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have recommmendations for good/decent basketball shoes?

I have these shoes: - but they were kind of expensive and I played with them yesterday and it looked like I would ruin the edges of the shoe pretty quickly so I don't want to risk them.

http://www.inov-8.com/New/Global/Product-View-Footwear-OffRoad-Roclite-282-GTX-Black-Blue.asp?L=27&A=Trail&G=Male

I don't really care for hightop ankle support because I don't move fast enough to break my own ( or anyone elses ).

Was thinking maybe saucony jazz cause they are cheap as hell and I could just ruin them without feeling bad about it.

No answer for you Jacob, but my pot roast came out amazing. If anyone is interested it was dead simple.

Bunch of carrots, taters, onions and whatever. I threw a few Gardein meatballs in there because I don't like the other fake beefs. Then I used like two cups of the Imagine portabella mushroom soup, a packet of Lipton onion soup and a couple pats of earth balance. Turned out really tasty. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have recommmendations for good/decent basketball shoes?

I have these shoes: - but they were kind of expensive and I played with them yesterday and it looked like I would ruin the edges of the shoe pretty quickly so I don't want to risk them.

http://www.inov-8.com/New/Global/Product-View-Footwear-OffRoad-Roclite-282-GTX-Black-Blue.asp?L=27&A=Trail&G=Male

I don't really care for hightop ankle support because I don't move fast enough to break my own ( or anyone elses ).

Was thinking maybe saucony jazz cause they are cheap as hell and I could just ruin them without feeling bad about it.

Saucony Jazz are backed. Good shoes i've had for about a year now.

I've been eating vegetarian for about a week now, but realized I'm pretty much just eating carbs to make up for lack of meat. Any suggestions on eating healthier, any good recipe sites for people who can't really cook?

I've been eating vegetarian for about a week now, but realized I'm pretty much just eating carbs to make up for lack of meat. Any suggestions on eating healthier, any good recipe sites for people who can't really cook?

I have a few go-to sites if I don't know what I want to make.  If I want to make something specific, I just google and go from there.  You'll find plenty of vegetarian alternatives to whatever you normally make or enjoy.  I think it's just a lot of practice and not getting discouraged if a recipe doesn't turn out quite right.

I'd also recommend mock meats.  I don't eat them too often these days, but I know when I stopped eating meat initially, they helped the transition quite a bit.

I'm a little groggy from a nap, but I hope that helps/makes sense.  There's a lot of good stuff through out this thread, dig through it sometime and I'm sure you'll find some other useful bits.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chow.com/recipes/29439-vegan-lasagna

I used that recipe last night but I added red capsicum and heaps of spinach and it turned out pretty good. The tofu filling turned out better than I thought it would too.

I dated a girl who made something very similar and it always turned out excellent. Tofu ricotta makes no sense to me, but goddamn is it good!

Also, seeing this thread bumped always makes me happy.