Vegetarian / Vegan Foods Thread

I miss New York. I want to go to Quantum Leap and Foodswings every day of my life.

foodswings is closed down.  as is soy and sake.

sorry to break it to you, I cried like a little baby in my head when I heard.

There is this place in brooklyn called BAD Burger, with a 90% convertible to vegan menu . Just as "low" quality and delicious as food swings.  Open 24/7!  I recommend although it's not as good.  Their chicken sandwich I got sucked, but the nachos with bacon and cheese and beans and guac were fucking amazing.

Also I found vegan cool whip at my whole foods, and it's SOOOOOO GOOD.  I might make mudslides or whatever those cool whip brownie icecream cakes are called.

There's a dope af vegan restaurant in my town called The Seed. They make a mean vegan Cuban sub, and also host shows. Best place.

Let's talk veg restaurants 

I hardly make it out to strictly veg restaurants for none of my friends are vegetarian/vegan but i'm pretty excited for this place to open up by my work:

https://www.nativefoods.com/

Let's talk veg restaurants 

There are no...and I repeat..NO vegan restaurants in my area so my wife and I normally cook/eat at home...but in the off chance that we do go out we usually go to Red Robin (I get the Burnin Love gardenburger with no cheese or aioli) or Taco Bell (5 bean burritos with no cheese and 2 Frito burritos with no cheese and subbing beans for meat)

We used to get Papa Johns garden pizza with no cheese but we haven't done that for a loooong time because the veggie pizza I make is waaay better...haha

I hardly make it out to strictly veg restaurants for none of my friends are vegetarian/vegan but i'm pretty excited for this place to open up by my work:

https://www.nativefoods.com/

Just went there for the first time today. The chicken ranch burger is pretty good. The fake chicken is really good, not much of a fan of vegan ranches/cream sauces, but hopefully restaurants will start using Just Mayo more often. There's a really good vegan place in Laguna Beach near me called The Stand and they make a mean potato guac burrito. 

foodswings is closed down.  as is soy and sake.

sorry to break it to you, I cried like a little baby in my head when I heard.

There is this place in brooklyn called BAD Burger, with a 90% convertible to vegan menu . Just as "low" quality and delicious as food swings.  Open 24/7!  I recommend although it's not as good.  Their chicken sandwich I got sucked, but the nachos with bacon and cheese and beans and guac were fucking amazing.

Also I found vegan cool whip at my whole foods, and it's SOOOOOO GOOD.  I might make mudslides or whatever those cool whip brownie icecream cakes are called.

What a motherfucking bummer. I've wanted to check out some of the other places but those are just areas of the city I end up in a lot when I'm there. I'll hit up Bad Burger the next time I'm there though!

yo, seriously.

Red Bamboo, however, has the best vegan wings in the city, so keep that in mind :)

Yeah they do!

I can't say I loved Foodswings either time I ate there. The ability for my wife to order ANYTHING on the menu always made it worth the trip but I thought the food was pretty ho-hum. 

We only have one strictly vegan restaurant in my town, but because I live in a pretty artsy/hip area, most of the restaurants offer vegan/vegetarian options. Most of which are within walking distance of the 5 record stores we have in Lancaster. I love my town.

Also glad someone brought up Taco Bell. I'm not vegan, even though I eat vegan whenever I can. Taco Bell seems to be the only fast food restaurant that I can REALLY eat a full meal at. That place is the bomb.

yo, seriously.

Red Bamboo, however, has the best vegan wings in the city, so keep that in mind :)

red bamboo and some of the other vegan places i found while i visited NYC over the summer blew my mind. The quality of vegan options is just ridiculous compared to anywhere else I've ever been. I thought we had it pretty good in Chicago, but it's not even close. 

• 2 weeks later...

Vegan Cuts is having a pretty good sale now.  And they have a coupon code for an extra 10% off: shopspreetime

I picked up some No No's candy (think M&Ms with vegan marshmallows inside) 

and the louisville vegan jerky is the cheapest I've ever seen it.  (18 bucks for 4 packs and free shipping) 

http://vegancuts.com/offer/louisville-vegan-jerky-4-pack

I did their Snack Box for about 4 months but was very underwhelmed.  I got the same items a couple times, some gross diet stuff, but the 8 dollar glass reusable straw was the final straw (it's supposed to be a snack box).

I haven't really browsed on vegan junk food. I'm curious as to how that vegan jerky tastes.

I mean, I've tried veggie sticks from Walgreens and they were delicious, haha. But most chips are just potato anyways.

I like it, but not enough to go out of my way for it usually.  I like the way vegan jerky tastes, but I think it would be hard to sell on a non-veg.