HEY! We Don't Have That Where I Live.

Sonic. If only for their cherry lime cream slush. Incredible drink combinations, but the food is nothing to write home about.

Yea, I see Sonic commercials all the time, but there isn't one anywhere close to Chicago (which is weird that I always see commercials for them), and I've yet to have it.

Yea, I see Sonic commercials all the time, but there isn't one anywhere close to Chicago (which is weird that I always see commercials for them), and I've yet to have it.

i used to only get sonic when i visited my friend in texas. then they put one close to my college and i got so excited. then when i could eat there on a regular basis i realized that i didn't even like it that much. the one close to me now has THE WORST service. i got a milkshake once that was, i kid you not, warm. or at least it tasted that way. like warm, kind of foamy sludge. not even like melted ice cream.

the only thing i want from there is the cherry limeade. i'd drink that by the gallon.

I never understood the appeal of In N Out after I first had it. It was good but nothing to write home about.

Then as time went on I realized every time I passed a fast food joint, I was wishing it was an In N Out.

The things that were immediately noticeable to me:

1.  Their produce is fresh each and every time.

2.  Their workers aren't rude and I've never had a mistake on what I order, leading me to believe they don't hire stupid people either.

i used to only get sonic when i visited my friend in texas. then they put one close to my college and i got so excited. then when i could eat there on a regular basis i realized that i didn't even like it that much. the one close to me now has THE WORST service. i got a milkshake once that was, i kid you not, warm. or at least it tasted that way. like warm, kind of foamy sludge. not even like melted ice cream.

the only thing i want from there is the cherry limeade. i'd drink that by the gallon.

Yea, I hear their limeade is awesome and that is what I would want to have most.  One of these days I'll Sonic....

The things that were immediately noticeable to me:

1.  Their produce is fresh each and every time.

2.  Their workers aren't rude and I've never had a mistake on what I order, leading me to believe they don't hire stupid people either.

aren't they one of those weirdly religious fast food chains like chic fil a?

aren't they one of those weirdly religious fast food chains like chic fil a?

Not sure about religious, but I think I heard from somebody before that the kids they have working for them that are in school, if their grades drop, they'll get fired.

Since you mention Chic-fil-a's religious orientation.  I'd like to add that last Sunday, something struck me to get Chic-fil-a as I was coming back home from doing errands and as I passed it, remembered they aren't open on Sundays.  Then I thought to myself, "this is discrimination against non-religious people!  how dare they!"  hahaha

Not sure about religious, but I think I heard from somebody before that the kids they have working for them that are in school, if their grades drop, they'll get fired.

Since you mention Chic-fil-a's religious orientation.  I'd like to add that last Sunday, something struck me to get Chic-fil-a as I was coming back home from doing errands and as I passed it, remembered they aren't open on Sundays.  Then I thought to myself, "this is discrimination against non-religious people!  how dare they!"  hahaha

pffffft they don't care if atheists get their delicious chicken and waffle fries or not.

also:

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/inandout.asp

i had in n out once when i was in CA. but since i don't eat red meat, i just had, uh, a grilled cheese. so i doubt i can appreciate it's....awesomeness?

Grilled cheese animal style + Neapolitan milkshake= droooooool.

Also, I really want a spicy chicken sandwich from Chic Fil A now.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's just human nature to crave Chic Fil A on a Sunday.

I was stoked that Michigan got five guys, but there isn't really one close to me. Today I really want Qdoba, but the closest one is 40 minutes away.

I once made the mistake of posting on face book (after I ate there for the first time) something along the lines of "I had 5 guys for the first time today..." needless to say, lots of jokes were made.

Does anyone have Smashburger?  We don't have an In and Out yet, but I heard they were building one soon. 5 guys is ok, but once I had Smashburger I never went back. 

One thing we have only in Texas is Whataburger. Be jealous….but not really. It's only good for late night/early morning drunken food binges, and when that happens and your not eating asada tacos at a taco truck where all they speak is spanish then you're not doing it right.