HEY! We Don't Have That Where I Live.

Yes you can put a ton of stuff on their burgers to cover up the mediocre beef patties.

I can do way better fries than Five Guys at home. Here is a similar recipe to what I do. The key is after cooking in water, letting them cool then double fry.

If I'm going to ingest close to a thousand calories in one meal it had better be god damn amazing. What Five Guys is not.

I was just on calls yesterday with some people from Gainesville, FL and they were telling me all about Publix. They were pretty adamant about its awesomeness.

Whatever, we have In-N-Out.

Publix is good. It's just a grocery store but their schtick is that they are incredibly clean and usually very nice, which is true. They also have a deli where you can get fresh subs that are better than any chain sub restaurant.

Has any one had Freddy's? One of the best fast food burgers and fries I've had.

The do frozen custard there, right? If so, I haven't had their real food but their dirt 'n worms sundae is faaantastic. I feel 6 years old again.

Yes you can put a ton of stuff on their burgers to cover up the mediocre beef patties.

I guess it's different for me because I don't eat red meat. The grilled cheese with veggies is so slammin'. 

That's where other joints sort of lack, In N Out grilled cheese is amazing but I don't have many options.

I feel bad if you've never experienced a real cheesesteak. And I don't mean a "Philly Sandwich" from shitty airport food court place or some slop from Pats or Genos. A real cheesesteak with an Amaroso's roll, provolone, and well-carmelized onions is heaven.

IMO Wawa lost a lot of its cache when it decided to become a gas station chain with a nicer-than-average convenience store. The old stores were more human-scale and fostered a sense of community, possibly in part because they would be squeezed into smaller, more urban areas in a way the new gas stations can't. And their deli has gone way downhill, starting at the time when they stopped selling Amoroso's rolls. I feel bad for you if you haven't been in a Wawa that looks like this:

large_wawa1.jpg

I feel bad if you've never experienced a real cheesesteak. And I don't mean a "Philly Sandwich" from shitty airport food court place or some slop from Pats or Genos. A real cheesesteak with an Amaroso's roll, provolone, and well-carmelized onions is heaven.

IMO Wawa lost a lot of its cache when it decided to become a gas station chain with a nicer-than-average convenience store. The old stores were more human-scale and fostered a sense of community, possibly in part because they would be squeezed into smaller, more urban areas in a way the new gas stations can't. And their deli has gone way downhill, starting at the time when they stopped selling Amoroso's rolls. I feel bad for you if you haven't been in a Wawa that looks like this:

large_wawa1.jpg

Agree with you on the cheesesteaks until you said provolone.  Whiz and onions all the way.  I don't know why no one outside of PA will make them like that.

Agree with you on the cheesesteaks until you said provolone. Whiz and onions all the way. I don't know why no one outside of PA will make them like that.

I'll respectfully disagree with you on the wiz. Wiz is great when you're drunk tough.

A decent cheesesteak is very hard to find outside the Philadelphia metro because the rest of the country doesn't have the Amoroso's/Liscio's-style long roll. The hardcore places for PA transplants actually get their rolls overnighted from the motherland.

Besides giving you a ton of fries, I don't really get the hype of Five Guys. Burgers are average; slightly better than Wendys. The fries are decent.

I think the fries at Steak 'n Shake are pretty mediocre. The shakes are super good though.

Here's one of my favorite places called Cafe Rio. They've started expanding to the west coast, and a few eastern states. The sweet pork burrito is what dreams are made of. It's one of those burritos you have to eat with a fork because it's so big. It's not shown in the picture, but you can get it smothered, which makes it way better. I'm getting hungry just posting this.

1351772054_3.jpg

I think the fries at Steak 'n Shake are pretty mediocre. The shakes are super good though.

Here's one of my favorite places called Cafe Rio. They've started expanding to the west coast, and a few eastern states. The sweet pork burrito is what dreams are made of. It's one of those burritos you have to eat with a fork because it's so big. It's not shown in the picture, but you can get it smothered, which makes it way better. I'm getting hungry just posting this.

1351772054_3.jpg

This place is really good but there is a place in my last post I mentioned called Costa Vida that is just like this place but even better! Also, if you are ever in Northern Colorado there is a place called Cafe Mexicali that will blow your mind.

Yes, I love burritos.

This place is really good but there is a place in my last post I mentioned called Costa Vida that is just like this place but even better! Also, if you are ever in Northern Colorado there is a place called Cafe Mexicali that will blow your mind.

Yes, I love burritos.

Both Cafe Rio and Costa Vida were founded in the Salt Lake City area. I have a Coasta Vida right by my house. It's like a five minute walk. I go there and to Cafe Rio pretty frequently. They're both very good. If I recall, there was a lawsuit from Cafe Rio claiming they copied all the recipes, because they're very similar. I don't know if it was ever settled or not. Either way, both places are awesome.

ALSO, the last time i was in TX i went to a which wich? and it was awesome. i wish we had one up here cuz all of our 'sandwich' places kind of suck.

double also, the closest mellow mushroom to me is in DC, but i've totally driven there just to eat, because holy shit amazing pizza.

I have three Mellow Mushrooms here in Charleston SC. Soooooo good!

My little brother lived in DC for a couple years. Just graduated from Howard U