Coldplay - Ghost Stories

Just got back from the secret show in LA where they played this album the whole way through. This album is awesome. It's very slow except A Sky Full of Stars, that song is very Mylo Xyloto sounding. The album reminds me a lot of Parachutes and A Rush of Blood To The Head. That being said, it really is a mix of every single album they've done so far, but mostly on everything pre-Viva La Vida. Can't wait to hear it recorded!

You were there?! I was too! It was amazing. I think the track you're speaking about will be the next single.

You were there?! I was too! It was amazing. I think the track you're speaking about will be the next single.

Dude it was amazing! Dude I hope it's the next single. My friend went tonight too and apparently it was a whole lot less organized. They restarted a few of the songs when they messed up and security was there this time after the show cause everyone rushed the stage after for the picks/setlists. A night I will not forget!

• 2 weeks later...

So are we getting this on vinyl or not?  I figured a preorder would be up by now considering how they are one of the biggest bands in music and do appeal to a vinyl demographic.   I have all the albums including the Prospekt's March EP on vinyl and I want this one too, but I refuse to buy cd or digital.

^ Nice to know you've already made assumptions about me when I've only posted twice on this forum, this topic and about Pearl Jam reissues.

I am 34... I'm part of the generation that heard vinyl as a kid through my parents and older siblings but saw it be phased out by the time I was old enough to buy music of my own... I had CD's shoved down my throat.  I prefer vinyl, scuse me!!    CD is a format that I have no intention on returning to and I'm glad that it's no longer the end-all be-all format that my generation was led into believing.  I bought CD's for nearly 20 years before switching to vinyl, I think I'm entitled to my opinion.   It isn't like I'm hopping on the cassette resurgent bandwagon that I seriously don't understand as that was a format that most were glad to see go.  I bought enough cd's over the years that I earned the right to say that I feel like I get my money's worth more via vinyl than buying cd copies.

Anyways, considering 99.999999% of modern vinyl releases contain digital codes, I will end up having a digital copy for the ipod anyways.

People like you are usually why I end up quitting most forums within a week anyways because all I want to do is talk to likeminded individuals who share similar interests but end up dealing with people who love internet drama and argument for arguments sake.   All I wanted to know was if we're getting Coldplay's new album on vinyl... which makes sense because everything they've released until now barring their live albums have been given a vinyl issue, and usually vinyl preorders for big artists usually are announced alongside the cd/digital preorders.   Considering Ghost Stories was announced a month ago and it still isn't concrete if we're getting a US vinyl release of it, I think I asked a valid question.

and seriously... you're calling me a hipster because I prefer vinyl?  This is Coldplay.   Hipsters hate that "pop crap" lol.  The fact that people know who Coldplay are already makes them Hipster Kryptonite... so yea, thanks for the assumption :rolleyes:

Should I just start stealing music from the internet again?  That's what I was doing before I made the switch to vinyl because vinyl made me excited about buying and owning music again after being so jaded with the uselessness of CD's especially once mp3's came along.

^ Nice to know you've already made assumptions about me when I've only posted twice on this forum, this topic and about Pearl Jam reissues.

I am 34... I'm part of the generation that heard vinyl as a kid through my parents and older siblings but saw it be phased out by the time I was old enough to buy music of my own... I had CD's shoved down my throat.  I prefer vinyl, scuse me!!    CD is a format that I have no intention on returning to and I'm glad that it's no longer the end-all be-all format that my generation was led into believing.  I bought CD's for nearly 20 years before switching to vinyl, I think I'm entitled to my opinion.   It isn't like I'm hopping on the cassette resurgent bandwagon that I seriously don't understand as that was a format that most were glad to see go.  I bought enough cd's over the years that I earned the right to say that I feel like I get my money's worth more via vinyl than buying cd copies.

Anyways, considering 99.999999% of modern vinyl releases contain digital codes, I will end up having a digital copy for the ipod anyways.

People like you are usually why I end up quitting most forums within a week anyways because all I want to do is talk to likeminded individuals who share similar interests but end up dealing with people who love internet drama and argument for arguments sake.   All I wanted to know was if we're getting Coldplay's new album on vinyl... which makes sense because everything they've released until now barring their live albums have been given a vinyl issue, and usually vinyl preorders for big artists usually are announced alongside the cd/digital preorders.   Considering Ghost Stories was announced a month ago and it still isn't concrete if we're getting a US vinyl release of it, I think I asked a valid question.

dude relax. this is a vinyl collecting board, we probably all buy music almost exclusively on vinyl, i know I do for sure, it's either that or Spotify. To be honest, that picture was the first thing I though of when I ready your post, not because I assume its true, but because it makes me laugh and probably will give others a chuckle. I'm sure the a ton of others who participate in this hobby get the "hipster" label put on them whether they like it or not. That was meant in good fun, I apologize if it pushed the wrong buttons.

On another note, I am VERY excited for this release and I'm sure we will here details for a vinyl release soon. These guys are one of my favorite bands. I played "Yellow" at my wedding.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks...wonder if the vinyl at Target will include the exclusive CD bonus tracks that they are also selling.

So I just picked up the 7" that was originally scheduled to come out on Record Store Day, but got delayed. 

I've got to admit, I'm a little disappointed with this 7". Originally, this was promoted to have 2 tracks (Midnight / Magic). It only has one track, that being Midnight. 

Also, the original mock up of the 7" had a screen printed etching on the b side. Turns out it's just an etching and sadly, doesn't really pop out like the mock up does. 

Upside is that the 7" is cut at 45 RPM. & the song rules. 

So I just picked up the 7" that was originally scheduled to come out on Record Store Day, but got delayed.

I've got to admit, I'm a little disappointed with this 7". Originally, this was promoted to have 2 tracks (Midnight / Magic). It only has one track, that being Midnight.

Also, the original mock up of the 7" had a screen printed etching on the b side. Turns out it's just an etching and sadly, doesn't really pop out like the mock up does.

Upside is that the 7" is cut at 45 RPM. & the song rules.

Where'd you pick this up?