SirNarwalh thanks, I saw your tweets with them and others, good stuff. 

ditto! (that's where I got the info about the Sony UPCs)

I still think this is something. Either a release we'll find out between now and the 29th, or they were put up because this release was on the RSD lists and orders will be cancelled.

Bullmoose froze preorders presumably from us here at VC.  It might sound like a bummer but everyone had a part in helping an independent record store make some cash and keep the hobby alive!! Well done!

Also, I tweeted at and email Sony Music Canada to see if they would provide additional info, we shall see what they say. 

Bullmoose's explaination: http://bullmoosemusic.wordpress.com/2014/04/22/canadian-coheed-mystery/

Last weekend we got a bunch of orders and questions about a new Coheed & Cambria listing on our website. Who knows how people even found it?

We looked into it and this is what we found out.

First, it’s important to know that a surprising number of titles are released every week. Our database show 6,666 items will be released next week. We include them all because we can get most of them and who knows when someone is going to need a random German textbook.

Sometimes crazy data creeps in. Crazy like a Canadian Record Store Day title masquerading as a new release. That’s the story here.

Our contact is going to try to get us enough copies to cover all the pre-orders we took. Any orders we can fill will be filled in the order they were placed. If we can’t fill any, well…that’s why we don’t charge people’s credit cards in advance!

Keep your fingers crossed, people! Pretty strange.

Bullmoose's explaination: http://bullmoosemusic.wordpress.com/2014/04/22/canadian-coheed-mystery/

Last weekend we got a bunch of orders and questions about a new Coheed & Cambria listing on our website. Who knows how people even found it?

We looked into it and this is what we found out.

First, it’s important to know that a surprising number of titles are released every week. Our database show 6,666 items will be released next week. We include them all because we can get most of them and who knows when someone is going to need a random German textbook.

Sometimes crazy data creeps in. Crazy like a Canadian Record Store Day title masquerading as a new release. That’s the story here.

Our contact is going to try to get us enough copies to cover all the pre-orders we took. Any orders we can fill will be filled in the order they were placed. If we can’t fill any, well…that’s why we don’t charge people’s credit cards in advance!

Keep your fingers crossed, people! Pretty strange.

I'm trying to control my excitement but this would be crazy if this is the actual release

Alright, so here's the deal.  I'm making this my first post, so yay.

I spoke to Paula with Sony Canada today.  I explained to her that the release was popping up on sites, and was available for purchase.  I gave her the UPC, and it did pull up in the system, however, the UPC matched one that was cancelled in March. It was a for Good Apollo 1 pressing, and that was to be a RSD release in Canada.  Apparently, everyone assumed it was pushed it back, presumably for Black Friday, but as it turns out, that isn't the case. 

After Paula did some research, she called me back explaining the cancellation, and that this was NOT going to be pressed, due to a determination from Sony USA.  She inquired about it, and received an email back saying there were no plans, present or future, to press the album. 

So that's the story of the pressing that doesn't exist.

Alright, so here's the deal. I'm making this my first post, so yay.

I spoke to Paula with Sony Canada today. I explained to her that the release was popping up on sites, and was available for purchase. I gave her the UPC, and it did pull up in the system, however, the UPC matched one that was cancelled in March. It was a for Good Apollo 1 pressing, and that was to be a RSD release in Canada. Apparently, everyone assumed it was pushed it back, presumably for Black Friday, but as it turns out, that isn't the case.

After Paula did some research, she called me back explaining the cancellation, and that this was NOT going to be pressed, due to a determination from Sony USA. She inquired about it, and received an email back saying there were no plans, present or future, to press the album.

So that's the story of the pressing that doesn't exist.

Thanks for digging man!

Well, that's horrible news.

But really though, and excuse me if this is a dumb question, but what is the reasoning behind not pressing an incredibly sought after release? Do they not want to make money? I just want to grab them and ask them why the won't take my money.

tumblr_lcmnlzs88y1qz7xrqo1_500.gif