Relient K - MMHMM repress coming!

Relient K posted on Facebook that this repress would be identical to the original Mmhmm pressing, even down to the coke bottle clear color...and remastered for vinyl.  Not sure if that means updated/remastered from the 2004 audio or just confirming the record will be based on vinyl mastering.  

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing if I can spot any differences in the artwork between the two pressings :)

Relient K posted on Facebook that this repress would be identical to the original Mmhmm pressing, even down to the coke bottle clear color...and remastered for vinyl.  Not sure if that means updated/remastered from the 2004 audio or just confirming the record will be based on vinyl mastering.  

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing if I can spot any differences in the artwork between the two pressings :)

Well if they had new tests made then the matrix numbers may be different.

Well yeah, I'd assume those would be different but I'm curious if there will be anything visible on the outer sleeve.  Differences in album credits/label logos..anything really.

You know, i'm wondering the exact same thing: I just ordered the combo package with both the reissue of "Mmhmm" and also "Let It Snow..." (btw, thanks to the guys who posted the 5$ off code :D ). Since i already have the original pressing, i'll definitely compare them accurately to see if I spot any difference.

Now it's time for me to find "Forget and Not Slow Down" :)

• 2 weeks later...

It would appear Dave Douglas will be joining Relient K on drums for this tour...assuming a post on FB saying only "Dave" on it implies that.  And it makes sense, given he handles significant background vocal parts on some of the songs.  

They also did that little teaser video... with the drum sticks.... how about we get the Jo(h)ns back and Brian for this tour!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from this tour and while they didn't have the vinyl available at the show, the show itself was amazing.  I thought they'd play a few extra songs after plowing through the entire album nearly nonstop, but they jumped in and played another 8 songs, including a new one.  Seriously catch this tour if you can.  Band looked like they were having a blast playing the songs, too.  

Just got back from this tour and while they didn't have the vinyl available at the show, the show itself was amazing. I thought they'd play a few extra songs after plowing through the entire album nearly nonstop, but they jumped in and played another 8 songs, including a new one. Seriously catch this tour if you can. Band looked like they were having a blast playing the songs, too.

What did you think of the new one?

I think in the context of an album it could be a nice change of pace but I found myself underwhelmed. I like him better behind the piano vs an acoustic guitar

Just got back from this tour and while they didn't have the vinyl available at the show, the show itself was amazing.  I thought they'd play a few extra songs after plowing through the entire album nearly nonstop, but they jumped in and played another 8 songs, including a new one.  Seriously catch this tour if you can.  Band looked like they were having a blast playing the songs, too.  

Glad to hear the guys are performing better. They were terrible on the Motion City Soundtrack tour. No energy. 

What did you think of the new one?

I think in the context of an album it could be a nice change of pace but I found myself underwhelmed. I like him better behind the piano vs an acoustic guitar

I liked the new one, but mostly because it utilized guitars in a way that hints they may return to a sound less like they had on Collapsible Lung. Personally, I'd rather see him on acoustic than piano...there's too many RK songs with piano already out there, so the change in sound/style is refreshing.

Glad to hear the guys are performing better. They were terrible on the Motion City Soundtrack tour. No energy.

If you're referring to Hoopes' stage presence, he rarely rocks out. And Thiessen is just awkward. Not making excuses for them but they aren't exactly a hop-around-the-stage, super energetic band. I've seen em 13 times now and you just know how they are.