Relient K - MMHMM repress coming!

Here's a comparison I made... Can't tell as much from the phone, but if you listen for the depth in the notes (especially the piano chord at "but I will shy away..") you can tell they're off.

You can also see the extra dead wax on the new pressing.

For side C on both pressings the dead wax is:

5in in diameter - original pressing

6.5in in diameter - 10th anniversary pressing

http://instagram.com/p/vzrIPCIQN3/

Listening with headphones, all I can tell from that video is that the new pressing is cut ever-so-slightly more quiet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that's Instagram video compression for you though.

I'm not worried, will still throw on every so often and mosh like I've never heard non-Christian music.

Oh hey, I'm DearCory lol... But there is a lot more dead wax in the center of the record. I thought it looked like a lot and when I compared it with the original, there is definitely a difference

Hah oops!  

I am really happy Relient K vinyl is being pressed/re-repressed...that being said, I was pretty bummed when the band/label made the decision to essentially do an identical pressing--color included.  And the extra dead wax, correct me if I'm wrong, may indicate at least one side of the vinyl is more compressed than the original, right?

Hah oops!

I am really happy Relient K vinyl is being pressed/re-repressed...that being said, I was pretty bummed when the band/label made the decision to essentially do an identical pressing--color included. And the extra dead wax, correct me if I'm wrong, may indicate at least one side of the vinyl is more compressed than the original, right?

It's just a different cutting style - more space between the grooves vs. keeping the grooves as big in diameter as possible to avoid inner groove distortion.

Received my order. Got the Mmhmm and Let it snow, baby. Good packaging. Mmhmm looks nice.

Kind of a serious problem with Let it Snow Baby, though. A/B was cut pretty badly. Waaaaay too much material was left on one side of the record so it's pretty badly misshapen. It causes a ton of distortion when playing it. C/D is fine, though. Mmhmm looks fine.

I did e-mail them about this today and I received a surprisingly prompt response (about 10 minutes) from Mike at Gotee that they are out of the office this week for Thanksgiving but will send me out another A/B when they get back. Fair enough. I will be perfectly satisfied as long as the new A/B arrives in a relatively quick fashion and in good shape. I pre-ordered on 8/6/14 so I've been waiting a long time for this and I'm just kind of bummed that I can't even play half of the record.

I'll keep everyone updated on how this plays out.

Just played MMHMM all the way through and my copy sounds incredible. Not sure what anyone is having a problem with. Haven't had a chance to spin the Christmas album though. They shipped both of mine together and I ordered separately and never asked for an order merge so I think they owe me some on shipping

Just played MMHMM all the way through and my copy sounds incredible. Not sure what anyone is having a problem with. Haven't had a chance to spin the Christmas album though. They shipped both of mine together and I ordered separately and never asked for an order merge so I think they owe me some on shipping

same here but I think it was said that the discount code for the 2nd order was to account for the extra paid shipping.