PO: August Burns Red "Messengers" Repress

rcafilm

Last night only the haze said out of 300, now they both do. Damn, would've ordered the splatter if I knew it was just as limited. Oh well.

I was initially going to grab the splatter, but for some reason I felt like there was too much going on there. In the end, that haze won me over, even for an extra $2.00. Bummer we all have to wait another two months though, haha. 

Solid State is a smaller label, but it's part of Tooth and Nail. They're Solid State's parent company. So they should own the rights to their albums, unlike T&N. So there is nothing stopping them from pressing more Underoath and repressing other albums as well. Honestly with the amount of big bands they have had on their roster, I'm surprised they don't press and re-press stuff like crazy. I doubt they'd have any trouble selling them.

Solid state needs to get their shit together

FTFY

Updated the original post to reflect the change they appear to have made today regarding 300 of each. Really confused about the prices.

Debating on how long of a post-Black Friday mourning period my bank account needs before I should grab a splatter.

Tooth & Nail doesn't own the rights to any of their pre-2013 releases anymore. They sold their entire back catalog to EMI like a year ago, with the exception of August Burns Red and I think Demon Hunter? EMI isn't interested in pressing anything themselves, and most smaller labels have been shut out when they've tried to license releases. I think the only old T&N release that's been put out on vinyl since the deal has been Copeland - You Are My Sunshine, which the hand may actually own the rights to themselves. This has been covered in almost every T&N related thread, try to keep up.

"Haze" effect records are almost always from Pirates Press, and almost always arrive covered in a fine invisible sandy grit leftover from the pressing process, which makes an awful sound when pulling the record out of the sleeve and is probably fucking up your needle. And they almost always sound like a butthole.

"Haze" effect records are almost always from Pirates Press, and almost always arrive covered in a fine invisible sandy grit leftover from the pressing process, which makes an awful sound when pulling the record out of the sleeve and is probably fucking up your needle. And they almost always sound like a butthole.

Well shit